Throwin Coke

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
How bout it you pop throwers! Any one from great plains here? My co worker threw pop for Coke in Gay bay, worked the downtown route, I couldn't imagine, he did it though, I see you guys in Tulsa pulling double sideebays when I'm coming in late, where yall goin? Post up fellows!

Well I don't any more. Might have to again it's getting real slow with fed ex. But I did for almost 9 years. I am who I am because of coca cola I miss the physical challenging part of that job and of course the socializing part always talking and meeting people. I hope to hear other drivers chime in here we can exchange stories.

I only see them when they are on the road Chevy, I never see one of them sitting still, if I ever do I will snap a pic, I even see them on our turnpike when I strat real early, coming back in with loads or mty's.

Somebody please post a pic of double sidebay coca cola trl I wanna see that

COCA+COLA+INTERNATIONAL+4700+Day+Cab+Delivery+Truck%2CCoca-Cola+Tractor+Trailer+Soft+Drink+Soda+Panama+City+Florida.jpg

I see a lot of these running from Utah to Vegas. They even pull 28 pups with a sideloader behind the pup on a set.

And I too use to work for Coke. I ran sideloaders, deliver Lake Havasu City Az and Bullhead Az in 2000 to 2002. Didn't pay great, but I liked that job.

I worked for Coke in the 80's when alot of the bottles were glass.

Jeff said:
A whole stack one day when I went around a curve with the side door open.

Ouch!!! Don't tell me you had to pay for that.

The only issues I had was cans blowing up in the extreme heat our here.

Ouch!!! Don't tell me you had to pay for that.

The only issues I had was cans blowing up in the extreme heat our here.

No I didn't have to pay for it, but it was a mess, glass and bees everywhere swarming to it

I worked for coke for 2 years and it was ok, but I always enjoyed the ltl division of transportation. I drove side bay doubles when I was there a few times. I've seen combos also of pups and sidebay trailers and only once did I see RMD'S of coke or pepsi (a long van and a sidebay trailer).

I worked for coke for 2 years and it was ok, but I always enjoyed the ltl division of transportation. I drove side bay doubles when I was there a few times. I've seen combos also of pups and sidebay trailers and only once did I see RMD'S of coke or pepsi (a long van and a sidebay trailer).

We can pull just about any combo you can think of in Oklahoma, so long as its on the turnpike or the interstate.

I worked for them about 15 years as a merchandiser and it was murder. Last I heard the pay was just about the same too. 10.36 hr then now its like 20 cents more.

When a man tells you he got wealthy ASK HIM, off whose hard labor? Arostottle

I worked for Coke out of Phoenix starting in '75. We used to have to throw all our empties on the roof of the truck. By the end of the day, we would have them double stacked. There were so many flavors back then, it was killer to sort the bottles before checking in at the end of the day. My back still hurts from those days.

I worked for Coke out of Phoenix starting in '75. We used to have to throw all our empties on the roof of the truck. By the end of the day, we would have them double stacked. There were so many flavors back then, it was killer to sort the bottles before checking in at the end of the day. My back still hurts from those days.

One thing I never did or wanted to do is throw pop, we got a guy with us from Pepsi, listening to him talk, it was a real pain, dealing with all the convienience stores and managers.

They used to give us a Garvey price gun and we would have to price every bottle and six pack. I also remember sitting out behind grocery stores in the summertime waiting for them to open the delivery door and listening to the bottles pop due to heat. It was good money back then, but we worked for it.