Thrown Under The Bus Again

I have noticed the Economics major won’t touch #43 pretty hard to put a spin on 2009 wages.
No need to spin. I ignored it because "you won't get it".
You don't ask employees to give anything ever. They can't give something they don't own. The jobs and pay scale belong to the employer. You offer them the total compensation package you can afford to pay and what you feel the job is worth. If they can get more somewhere else, the job is obviously worth more than you can pay. The company then closes and sells off the assets.

Glaring shortfalls in the Butch Lewis act. It appears doubtful due to the crooked numbers being used that affected Multi Employer Pension Plans will be able to pay full benefits into 2051. Butch Lewis most certainly does not provide enough funding to fully fund Multi Employer Pension Funds either in 2021 or 2051. How does it benefit Teamsters if their pension funds are all insolvent in 2051. The most glaring failure of Butch Lewis is it's failure to adopt Single Employer Pension Fund guarantees, no fully insured pensions for future pension fund bankruptcy. I'm amazed the Teamster Retirees who lobbied and helped craft this bill do not feel deep shame in it's passage.
I’ll drive the bus .I won’t miss you ,Forward or in reverse.

No need to spin. I ignored it because "you won't get it".
You don't ask employees to give anything ever. They can't give something they don't own. The jobs and pay scale belong to the employer. You offer them the total compensation package you can afford to pay and what you feel the job is worth. If they can get more somewhere else, the job is obviously worth more than you can pay. The company then closes and sells off the assets.
Glad to see you ignored it, and didn’t put a spin on it.

Him or anyone else. That is because most of the crap you say does not make good sense. Kind of like your 16 hour a day, 6 days a week linehaul driver. By the way, did you come up with a trucking company that allows their linehaul drivers 96 hours a week yet?
You can work as many hours as you like. Hours of service is for driving. Drive 8 hours and then work the dock 8 hours, perfectly legal.

You can work as many hours as you like. Hours of service is for driving. Drive 8 hours and then work the dock 8 hours, perfectly legal.
Not 16 hours a day, 6 days a week. If it were dock only that would be true. Besides, you specifically said "sounds like a hog board linehaul driver" in post #53.
What is the 70-hour Rule? The 70-hour in 8 days rule (or 60 in 7) is the total time spent Driving and ON-Duty, and cannot exceed 70 hours in any 8-day period (or 60 hours in any 7-day period). In other words, drivers have a limited number of hours they can be ON-Duty per cycle (week).Nov 11, 2020.
The 34-hour rule is a way for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) truckers to quickly reset their workweek if they are nearing the maximum number of hours allowed in 'On Duty' or 'Driving' statuses: 70 hours in eight days or 60 hours in seven days.Mar 2, 2020.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about going Team Razorblade....where else can I take a pay cut, pay for insurance, fund a pension I can't collect (while he collects his), get overtime after 60, be made to give thanks everyday to my CEO who supplied the job (forget that he needs the work done just as much as I need the job), and now work 16 hour days.....I'm telling you gentlemen this sounds like Utopia.....

I'm thinking about going Team Razorblade....where else can I take a pay cut, pay for insurance, fund a pension I can't collect (while he collects his), get overtime after 60, be made to give thanks everyday to my CEO who supplied the job (forget that he needs the work done just as much as I need the job), and now work 16 hour days.....I'm telling you gentlemen this sounds like Utopia.....
I guess a sign on bonus and full rate first day are out of the question at the new RBF (Razor Blade Freight). I wonder if Zollars will be running things for Blade? LOL!!!

I guess a sign on bonus and full rate first day are out of the question at the new RBF (Razor Blade Freight). I wonder if Zollars will be running things for Blade? LOL!!!
I doubt it, Zollars is too busy bankrupting the Post Office...maybe he could get Jeffrey Skilling, former Enron CEO to run it for him....maybe Jeffrey could make it easy for employees to invest their 401k money in the company....sounds revolutionary if you ask me....as far as as sign on bonus. I would pay big bucks to have the honor to work for Blade...can't wait to start on those 16 hour days...

What are you talking about?....just the other day you had a problem with working the dock for 9 hours, then driving....LMAO
I actually liked working the dock a little during my shift. I was a better driver than a dock man. And it was a change of pace. Besides, it was easier to drive the towmotor up to the ramp, walk in to the bathroom & cool the stool, than pull over & cool the tires. von.

You are correct in driving 8 hours FIRST then going to the dock for another 8 & no violation of the HOS. But, all those ours count, making you having to sit out your next start time. Working these hours are not practical to this industry. Yes 8 drive then 8 dock is not a violation. But why in hell would you do it. I doubt any manager would let hourly work like that. First thing they would ask is who would cover their start time? You need to post something that is practical, not irrelevant. Besides, that is considered 2 punches in a 24 hour period & it would not be long before the Local BA stopped by & had a conversation with you, provided the earlier talk with your steward went nowhere. von.

Last edited:
I forgot. Another downside to cooling the tires beside the road is when another semi @ 70 mph, can't get over & stays in the lane beside you, making your ability to draft your urine is lost & you must find the nearest truck stop with a washer & dryer, making you late for your appointment. von. To much?

Last edited:
I doubt it, Zollars is too busy bankrupting the Post Office...maybe he could get Jeffrey Skilling, former Enron CEO to run it for him....maybe Jeffrey could make it easy for employees to invest their 401k money in the company....sounds revolutionary if you ask me....as far as as sign on bonus. I would pay big bucks to have the honor to work for Blade...can't wait to start on those 16 hour days...
Oddly enough Abf 381 Yellow has of recently, last year offered a option to purchase shares of stock through pay roll deduction, up to 5% of pay, not same program as Holland used to have this one has alt of restrictions and mentions options etc. Scared me away. I remember the screwing we got on the reverse stock split.

Oddly enough Abf 381 Yellow has of recently, last year offered a option to purchase shares of stock through pay roll deduction, up to 5% of pay, not same program as Holland used to have this one has alt of restrictions and mentions options etc. Scared me away. I remember the screwing we got on the reverse stock split.
Those who forget the past, are condemend to repeat it. von.

You are correct in driving 8 hours FIRST then going to the dock for another 8 & no violation of the HOS. But, all those ours count, making you having to sit out your next start time. Working these hours are not practical to this industry. Yes 8 drive then 8 dock is not a violation. But why in hell would you do it. I doubt any manager would let hourly work like that. First thing they would ask is who would cover their start time? You need to post something that is practical, not irrelevant. Besides, that is considered 2 punches in a 24 hour period & it would not be long before the Local BA stopped by & had a conversation with you, provided the earlier talk with your steward went nowhere. von.
Von, my understanding is if there is any combination of driving/dock that you are only allowed one day per week at 16 hours. And if I am not mistaken, that is supposed to be for emergency situation only. You still must have 10 hours off duty before driving again. And , the 60 in 7days or 70 in 8 days still applies if doing any driving. I may be wrong, but that is my understanding of the DOT Hours of service rules. But what do I know. I have been an old, dumb hostler for the last 10 or 12 years.