SAIA | Tifton, GA rollover

My understanding is that the load shifted when he was turning and caused the rollover. HOWEVER... the rumor is that he was caught with 2 log books. Apparently he was running from Atl to W. Palm on the weekends and laying down. But he would leave W. Palm 3 hours before his 10 was up, dispatch out 3 hrs up the road and then arrive after he was already home (thus the need for 2 log books). At least that is the rumor I heard. I heard he was almost at the top in seniority (if not the top) in Atl, and he was let go.

Sounds like the driver had learned to game the system. I just don't understand how it was done. With all this computerized gee whizzery we have why someone didn't catch on about time overlap and travel time and miles and.......etc.

the log book deal is just a rumor for now. but, they almost bid a run here that would leave you 2-3 hours shy of resetting your 34 and working essentially 7 days a week b/c of how the inbound dock and linehaul work played out. thankfully it was not bid b/c that probably would have been my run.

If that run had materialized, it might mean motel time at least once per week to illustrate the problems. Sometimes, it seems the engineering dept just doesn't seem to get it that humans are involved in this process.

The same way that some city drivers used to work 50 hours a week and then run line haul on the weekend and never log their city time! I don't know if they can do that with our new ID card system but I know two guys that did that every week!

If you work 50 hours monday-friday and line 10-12hours on saturday and get your 34 break in before monday start-time whats the problem???

The problem is they said that they didn't have to log their city time and would run LH all week-end or run the yard dog on Sat and LH Sun after working the city all week> I dnn't believe that they can do this with the new time but they used to do this all the time and nobody ever caught it!

If you work 50 hours monday-friday and line 10-12hours on saturday and get your 34 break in before monday start-time whats the problem???
It's not the hours or the reset. Any time a city driver has a tour of duty over 12 hours a logsheet has to be filled out. If the driver does the week end work, he is required to account for the last seven days of duty time. The point is the time has to be documented per government regs. If the company is audited then those things will show up.

i know air ride, right,,, when the city guy gets cut during the week, they just sign up for a linehaul run on weekend, but if a linehaul driver gets cut, and ask to work the city, BAHAHAHAH ya right......