Till the fat lady sings

This strike will never end when the misinformed continue to misinform others. And oh by the way ill will comes upon people whom wish it on others. Be careful!

Isn't that illegal?

Yes it is, it's more of a unspoken rule, say you went to work at ABF the guys on the dock would be told that you crossed a line. Then while you are on probation everyone would see to it that you were the last person they wanted to hire. By helping the other new hires and not helping you, even possibly sabotaging your efforts, now I realize its somewhat underhanded it seems as though the ends justify the means, as union employees we need people that are going to stand with us if it becomes necessary. So we all have a vested interest in preventing someone like yourself from joining our ranks.

Why would you be interested in union employment anyway? The only reason their is better pay and benefits for union workers is because we stick together, and make the conditions better. You have undermined that effort, so either you don't believe that it is right for people to collectively bargain, or you are just extremely selfish and feel you deserve the best of both worlds. Either way a crosser is scum.

To "(majorretard/trucker)" you do not dictate the rules of these boards, in fact, you have a negative reputation rating here so do me a favor, and don't dispense advice to me.

Yes it is, it's more of a unspoken rule, say you went to work at ABF the guys on the dock would be told that you crossed a line. Then while you are on probation everyone would see to it that you were the last person they wanted to hire. By helping the other new hires and not helping you, even possibly sabotaging your efforts, now I realize its somewhat underhanded it seems as though the ends justify the means, as union employees we need people that are going to stand with us if it becomes necessary. So we all have a vested interest in preventing someone like yourself from joining our ranks.

Why would you be interested in union employment anyway? The only reason their is better pay and benefits for union workers is because we stick together, and make the conditions better. You have undermined that effort, so either you don't believe that it is right for people to collectively bargain, or you are just extremely selfish and feel you deserve the best of both worlds. Either way a crosser is scum.

To "(majorretard/trucker)" you do not dictate the rules of these boards, in fact, you have a negative reputation rating here so do me a favor, and don't dispense advice to me.

Very well put could not have explained it any better than you did!

Anyone crying the blues for their reason to cross. Boo Hoo. Several of the guys who needed the money found work, they did not stab their brothers in the back. If you live beyond your means then I hope this was a good lesson. I hope the v brothers get a good spanking.

And had you not went on strike you would not have these problems you are having right now

what bothers me is the fact that oak harbor could have been a bit more caring and concerned about it employees. they could have easily come back with a more reasonable offer that could have allowed the withdrawl of the ulp's as well as keep the damage to a minimum. they have a blatant disregard for the human element in all this and only care about the money. so as a result, unless they still have a fortune set aside they have lost more than me, more than any of us will ever see in our lifetime, an unimaginable amount of money that could have kept everything intact for years if not decades. how anyone who claims to be a Christian could have allowed this just astonishes me. and if your going to ask if it was worth it? you should also ask them WAS IT WORTH IT? In my opinion, corporate greed has and will continue to be the one and only reason for the downfall of America. the greatest and wealthiest country in the world is now on the verge of collapse ,and those countries that once were called third world are now probably better than we are because they now have all our American businesses. the mighty USA seems to be spiraling out of control, all for the sake of ones own individual prosperity. (translated means "as long as i, the business owner, have billions to hord for myself it is ok for me to move operations out of this country, those silly Americans that i put out of work will still buy my $200 dollar pair of shoes, now made in china, even though they are working at walmart part time with no benefits while trying to raise a family, hee hee hee") Corporate America at its best. So to still have a union job YES IT WAS WORTH IT!!

When the strike was called, the Teamsters Trust severed their relationship with Oak Harbor and refused to receive any payments on behaf of the members. The funds for the pension have been placed in an escrow account for safekeeping until the trust will accept them. Since they also wouldn't cover members under the medical plan, the company moved everyone over to the company medical plan so that everyone would continue to have coverage. As of right now, the trust has is still refusing contributions from Oak Harbor, so until that changes there is no way for them to put you on the Teamsters medical plan.

Once again you are misinformed and telling untruths just as I pointed out on another post to you. Do a search of my posts and I pointed this out a few months ago, to you!!! Oak Harbor cancelled the agreements with the Teamsters trust for the Medical and Pension. It was not cancelled by the trusts. No they will not accept money from Oak Harbor as Oak Harbor has no agreement with them. Oak Harbor should and could reinstate those agreements at any time but they seem to be refusing. What your saying is that the trusts do not like Oak Harbor so they won't take Oak Harbor's money. Even you cannot be that ignorant. Man, some people just never get it.

Well this will be another ULP. I hope we can find a labor lawyer who wants to chew them up and spit them out. They think they can just ignore a union contract while they are a union company. Doesn't make sense to me.

Well this will be another ULP. I hope we can find a labor lawyer who wants to chew them up and spit them out. They think they can just ignore a union contract while they are a union company. Doesn't make sense to me.
I heard additional ULP's have already been filed or are coming soon.

Once again you are misinformed and telling untruths just as I pointed out on another post to you. Do a search of my posts and I pointed this out a few months ago, to you!!! Oak Harbor cancelled the agreements with the Teamsters trust for the Medical and Pension. It was not cancelled by the trusts. No they will not accept money from Oak Harbor as Oak Harbor has no agreement with them. Oak Harbor should and could reinstate those agreements at any time but they seem to be refusing. What your saying is that the trusts do not like Oak Harbor so they won't take Oak Harbor's money. Even you cannot be that ignorant. Man, some people just never get it.

Um, okay. I'll try to explain it more clearly. When the teamsters went on strike, there was essentially no "union presence" at the company. If you were to go work at a non-union company, say Starbucks for example, you would not have the option to participate in a union-run healthcare or pension plan. Since during the strike Oak Harbor was not employing union members, they could not participate in a union-run healthcare or pension plan. All of the money that would've been paid into the pension is sitting in an escrow account just waiting to be sent to the trust as soon as there is an agreement in place. Current and returning workers will be covered under the company healthcare plan, which they (Oak Harbor) didn't have to do, they chose to extend the coverage without a monthly premium on behalf of the employees. Yes, the trust can decide to invite Oak Harbor back to participate at any time, it's just another of the teamsters' bargaining chips. Get the members all riled up about the medical and they won't realize that due to the current economic situation, whatever contract they get now is going to be pitiful compared to the LBF offered in September.

Ask questions. Don't stop until you get to the truth. The NLRB is a great resource for fact-checking, they'll take your calls and answer any questions that you may have. Don't just trust whatever somebody tells you that might fit in with your dogma, just because it's what you want to hear doesn't make it the truth.

Amazing how you call the Vanderpols all sorts of names "Vanderfools" but yet you want to go back to work at Oak Harbor. If you're so against Oak Harbor why don't you go work somewhere else. Of course this is just one of the names you've called them. If it's so bad atleast have some respect for yourselves.

No matter what this is a no win situation.

Whats harrassing? Making fun of people. Not sure if you're a striker or not but it went beyond making fun of people just like when we were in 1st grade. Acting like 1st graders is fine since both sides of the workers are under a lot of stress over the whole situation. Acting like 1st graders is understandable at a time like this.

But of course the reality is that we are all adults and when we as adults choose to act as criminals that can't and should not be tolerated regardless if you're a striker or a replacement worker.

When someone threatens you with physical harm thats harrasement and yes the striker who decides to act in a threating manner should be let go. Obviously they have tempers and you would not want them to take it out on you someday becuase then you would be the one suing Oak Harbor.

Of course, the teamsters website has said that Oak Harbor is retaliating against 13 workers but they fail to give the details as to why they're being let go/suspended. I doubt it's becuase they were being kind people.

Teamsters would you like to give further details as to why they'r being let go or suspended?

We all wish the scumbags ill will. They are trying to take our jobs. If these low lives had not crossed then maybe this strike would have been over months ago
If these "low lives" had not crossed you probably wouldn't have a job to come back to. Just as it is you all aren't going back to work.

Of course only a real low life person would make a comment like that. Takes one low life to think he knows another.

That's a good one, we should hold a big thank you party for the spineless traitor crossers that undermined everyone's efforts! HA you are too funny!

Wife1733, Probably not to smart to use an OHFL ID# in your screen name if you would like to remain anonymous. That aside, emotions run high during a labor action and as far as I know nobody had endured any physical harm as a result of any strikers action. Yelling, calling names, at people that are literally stealing your work, I wouldn't consider that out of line, considering the circumstances. Youtube strikes and you will find the Oak Harbor Lines were extremely civil in comparison.

Those folks at the glass plant in Chicago that sat in they got national attention and they won. It was illegal to refuse to to leave the premises, they did it anyway because they believed it was the right thing to do. So when it comes to principles and morals and being American with the freedom and desire to express one's self, a very thin line exists on one side we have people writhing as a result of their disgust and frustration with a company that has been trying to strong arm them for years. On the other side maybe a couple of hurt feeling because someone said a bad word, or blocked a truck.

You guys should put stickers on all the crossers trucks so the rest of us on the street know to treat the crossers the way the deserve to be treated.