ABF | Time to pull out

As I stated way back in post #147 (to you), and in post #151 (to Razorblade), if the Medicare For All or Universal Health Care every did happen, what is left of the money that is currently paid by ABF for our health care to TeamCare ($10.85 per hour) will be negotiated into other parts of our contract (wages, PTO, bonuses, etc.). XPO however, has no binding contract to their employees. So guess who will be paying for the Medicare For All or Universal Health Care if it does happen. You and your co-workers (wage/benefit reductions). So, you should be careful what you wish for there Peach Pit. You just might get it.
Where have I said on here that I wish for anything, who's spreading lies now?

I get it now......its bragging when a union member states facts, but when you post a hypothetical about universal health care and some broken pensions (which you have been told a million times we aren't all in CSPF) it's a true statement... Got it now
So what about your fellow workers that are in CSPF or any other worker in a broken pension, don't they count as a true statement

Where have I said on here that I wish for anything, who's spreading lies now?
Did you not state in post #357 that our health care plan will be banned when they pass Universal Healthcare and that ABF employees will be stuck with lower pay and a broken pension with nothing to brag about then? Sure sounds like to me that you are wishing for Universal Healthcare. And, as far as the bragging goes (that you claim I have done). I am merely comparing our insurance to yours. No bragging, just facts. If you can't take the heat (facts). feel free to go back to the XPO board to spread your lies. By the way, you never answered my question as to why in some areas, XPO pays Overtime after 40 hours and in other areas they don't pay Overtime until after 50 hours. Care to explain that one with facts there Peach Pit?

Did you not state in post #357 that our health care plan will be banned when they pass Universal Healthcare and that ABF employees will be stuck with lower pay and a broken pension with nothing to brag about then? Sure sounds like to me that you are wishing for Universal Healthcare. And, as far as the bragging goes (that you claim I have done). I am merely comparing our insurance to yours. No bragging, just facts. If you can't take the heat (facts). feel free to go back to the XPO board to spread your lies. By the way, you never answered my question as to why in some areas, XPO pays Overtime after 40 hours and in other areas they don't pay Overtime until after 50 hours. Care to explain that one with facts there Peach Pit?
There is a exception in the FLSA that exempts anyone under the authority of the Security of state from being guaranteed OT. I don't want the government controlling my healthcare, just like pointing out the hypocrisy of the unions backing Democrats and the Democrats pushing for universal healthcare.

There is a exception in the FLSA that exempts anyone under the authority of the Security of state from being guaranteed OT. I don't want the government controlling my healthcare, just like pointing out the hypocrisy of the unions backing Democrats and the Democrats pushing for universal healthcare.
So, you have no problem with some of your co-workers getting screwed out of Overtime so long as you get yours? I hope that is not what you are saying because that proves even more that XPO should organize to stop the company from continuing these shady practices. They might even be able to negotiate Overtime after 8 hours per day like we have with our contract.

So what about your fellow workers that are in CSPF or any other worker in a broken pension, don't they count as a true statement
In a blanket statement like that its simply not true....when you state it as all ABF teamsters have a broken pension its not true......same as if I said xpo only pays ot after fifty that would be a lie.....that's ok though win at all costs even if you do it through lies.....One question though who is the "Security of state"... never heard of that position.... Steward asked you why xpo does it, not about the law that makes it legal....

Last edited:
So, you have no problem with some of your co-workers getting screwed out of Overtime so long as you get yours? I hope that is not what you are saying because that proves even more that XPO should organize to stop the company from continuing these shady practices. They might even be able to negotiate Overtime after 8 hours per day like we have with our contract.
They knew when they got hired they wasn't going to get OT and still accepted the job, how is that being screwed, they can't organize anytime they want but if the past represents the future that will never happen since Larado decertified and Maimi has been negotiating a contract for over 5 years and no other Southern Terminal is trying to vote

Last edited:
In a blanket statement like that its simply not true....when you state it as all ABF teamsters have a broken pension its not true......same as if I said xpo only pays ot after fifty that would be a lie.....that's ok though win at all costs even if you do it through lies.....One question though who is the "Security of state"... never heard of that position.... Steward asked you why xpo does it, not about the law that makes it legal....
Because they can....simple
If someone is willing to take a job that doesn't pay OT that's not my fault or the companies fault.

The union(s) will do everything they can to negotiate any savings companies realize from not having to pay into private health insurance plans due to the passage of a potential national health plan back into the wages/pension plans of their members. Rest assured, that money will not suddenly be ‘off the table’ should Medicare for all come to fruition.

Because they can....simple
If someone is willing to take a job that doesn't pay OT that's not my fault or the companies fault.
That’s true. Also true is the fact that they can elect to change that at any time through a successful organization drive, and XPO is forbidden by law to lay off of threatening and intimidating behavior towards said employees while attempting to do so.

What geographic area is considered southern non ot terminals? I have always found that strange...
I believe it's around TN and anything South of them, it all goes back to when there was different regions Con-way Eastern Express (CEX), Con-way Western Express (CWX) and Con-way Central Express (CCX)

That’s true. Also true is the fact that they can elect to change that at any time through a successful organization drive, and XPO is forbidden by law to lay off of threatening and intimidating behavior towards said employees while attempting to do so.
Actions speak louder then words, no major actions have been taken here or any ltl since UPS Freight voted, and UPS didn't try to stop it! And before them who was the last ltl to be successful in joining the IBT?