ABF | Time to pull out

I believe it's around TN and anything South of them, it all goes back to when there was different regions Con-way Eastern Express (CEX), Con-way Western Express (CWX) and Con-way Central Express (CCX)
I guess then that you are fortunate to not have to put up with that since you get it after 8. https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1624079/
Actions speak louder then words, no major actions have been taken here or any ltl since UPS Freight voted, and UPS didn't try to stop it! And before them who was the last ltl to be successful in joining the IBT?
your own company...just because they don't have a contract ....yet.....doesn't mean they aren't union at some locations....

Last edited:
I guess then that you are fortunate to not have to put up with that since you get it after 8. https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1624079/

your own company...just because they don't have a contract ....yet.....doesn't mean they aren't union at some locations....
One of the reasons I came to XPO was because they paid ot and R@L wasn't where I was working at before. R@l health insurance was more expensive also.

No terminal has a contract at XPO and only 4 remain in negotiations with one in the process to decertify. There's a better chance of ABF decertifing then the union gaining and traction at XPO or any ltl. Can anyone tell me the last company to successfully get a contract other then UPS Freight? Still waiting to here that answer.

One of the reasons I came to XPO was because they paid ot and R@L wasn't where I was working at before. R@l health insurance was more expensive also.

No terminal has a contract at XPO and only 4 remain in negotiations with one in the process to decertify. There's a better chance of ABF decertifing then the union gaining and traction at XPO or any ltl. Can anyone tell me the last company to successfully get a contract other then UPS Freight? Still waiting to here that answer.
Now you are contradicting yourself.....lets see ....you said TN and anywhere south of it.... your own post said you are in TN...... Typical of you..such a bad liar......Your question that you asked was answered....now right off hand I don't know the answer to your new question.

Last edited:

So, does XPO in your area pay Overtime after 40 hours, or after 50 hours?
Also, did your insurance cost go up in the past week? The reason I ask is because in post #130 you said you paid $35 a week for insurance, but in post #346 you said it was $39 a week. Which is it !!! And you wonder why people question your credibility.

Now you are contradicting yourself.....lets see ....you said TN and anywhere south of it.... your own post said you are in TN...... Typical of you..such a bad liar......Your question that you asked was answered....now right off hand I don't know the answer to your new question.
I've never said I live in TN, show me where I've said that? You are lying

So, does XPO in your area pay Overtime after 40 hours, or after 50 hours?
Also, did your insurance cost go up in the past week? The reason I ask is because in post #130 you said you paid $35 a week for insurance, but in post #346 you said it was $39 a week. Which is it !!! And you wonder why people question your credibility.
I get overtime after 8 hours and 40 hours, and insurance increased in January by $4

I get overtime after 8 hours and 40 hours, and insurance increased in January by $4
You know I have to ask. Why, on February 4th did you feel the need to post that your weekly insurance cost was $35 instead of $39 like you now say it is? I don't understand the reason for that. No matter what you pay per week, it is still more than what ABF employees pay per week. How was $4 going to somehow make it sound any better?

You know I have to ask. Why, on February 4th did you feel the need to post that your weekly insurance cost was $35 instead of $39 like you now say it is? I don't understand the reason for that. No matter what you pay per week, it is still more than what ABF employees pay per week. How was $4 going to somehow make it sound any better?
But....but it went up in January... Are you saying he lied?....say it isn't so....he is so honest....

Actions speak louder then words, no major actions have been taken here or any ltl since UPS Freight voted, and UPS didn't try to stop it! And before them who was the last ltl to be successful in joining the IBT?
LTL isn’t the only industries the Teamsters represent. Hell, in my local, we have cops, nurses, firefighters/first responders, gravel truck drivers, Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in The Congo.

I like how when you get caught lying you call others what you are...it only took you three hours to think of denying it.... https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1624079/ or how about other times you were caught in lies.... https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1571767/ or this classic.... https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/posts/1571613/
That first one is a screenshot of a picture I seen online. You can look in the corner and see it says Kingsport humor, like I said I've never said I live in TN. No need to apologize to me, I'm sure it was a honest mistake it happens. Believe what you want but I did work a week at a union barn like the last link you posted

Last edited:
But....but it went up in January... Are you saying he lied?....say it isn't so....he is so honest....
I fail to see your point, I guess you've never misspoke or forgot something changed a couple of dollars and especially when it's happened recently since they hold 2 weeks back on our paycheck

That first one is a screenshot of a picture I seen online. You can look in the corner and see it says Kingsport humor, like I said I've never said I live in TN. No need to apologize to me, I'm sure it was a honest mistake it happens. Believe what you want but I did work a week at a union barn like the last link you posted
I see that now....It was an honest mistake.... I don't lie on here because I despise dishonesty....I look at things on my phone and tablet....very small...it probably wouldn't have been a bad idea for you to have put that in your post, give credit to another, like, "look what I found on kingsport humor", I'm sure they would like the plug....with all that being said I'm sorry for the misunderstanding......as far as the rest of it goes you killed your own credibility, as much as I would like to believe you, you haven't made it easy.....especially since you don't mention anything about the second post.....

I fail to see your point, I guess you've never misspoke or forgot something changed a couple of dollars and especially when it's happened recently since they hold 2 weeks back on our paycheck
Sure I have misspoke and forgot things. I am nearly 58 years old so I do it more than I care to admit. Here is my point as an example. ABF hires a new full time road driver. At the interview, ABF tells the driver he will earn 65-cents per mile (just an example). The driver accepts the job offer and starts to work for ABF. When the driver gets his first paycheck, he notices he only made 58.5-cents per mile, not 65-cents per mile like he was told in the interview. When he asks his branch manager about the pay discrepancy, he is told that new hires only make 90% of full scale for the first year. Do you think that driver is going to be OK with that just because the manager "forgot" or "misspoke"? After all, it was only a difference of 6.5-cents per mile.

Last edited:
Sure I have misspoke and forgot things. I am nearly 58 years old so I do it more than I care to admit. Here is my point as an example. ABF hires a new full time road driver. At the interview, ABF tells the driver he will earn .65 cents per mile (just an example). The, does ABF use a two tier driver accepts the job offer and starts to work for ABF. When the driver gets his first paycheck, he notices he only made .585 cents per mile, not .65 cents like he was told in the interview. When he asks his branch manager about the pay discrepancy, he is told that new hires only make 90% of full scale for the first year. Do you think that driver is going to be OK with that just because the manager "forgot" or "misspoke"? After all, it was only a difference of .0655 cents per mile.
I know you just used this as an example.
Just curious, does ABF use a 2 tier pay scale?

I know you just used this as an example.
Just curious, does ABF use a 2 tier pay scale?
Hello Mr. Seabreeze. How are you doing this morning? The answer to your question is "yes they do". All full time new hires that are a certified mechanic or CDL qualified with required endorsements (city,hostle,dock, road) start at 90% of full scale for their first year before they go to full scale.

Here’s the last paragraph from your link. Kinda paints a different picture, eh?

“Despite these statistics, it is important that employers not ignore the threat of successful union organizing. Union membership may have decreased, but unions are still winning most representation elections at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB). In 2019, according to NLRB records, unions filed 995 representation petitions and won 745 elections, an enviable 75% winning percentage.”