ABF | Time to pull out

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Lets start with the Union thing. You bragged about all the official Union titles you once held. Then you bragged about getting hired at Yellow ahead of several others when Preston shut their doors. You don’t really think they hired you first because of your “strong” Union background do you? They hired you first because they knew you would be a “good boy” and not get involved with Union issues. How many good Union people did you turn your back on during your 5 years at Yellow that you could have helped when it came to Union issues. You were a Union Official. It was your job to help out your Union brothers that might have needed your knowledge and experience when it came to Union issues. But instead, you kissed the bosses azzes at Yellow to get a job and turned your back on your brothers just so you could draw a full, 30 year pension from the very organization that provided you a contractual agreement so that you could get that 30 year and out pension. And now you preach that Unions are out-dated and need to change to suit the employers wishes all the while drawing a 30 year pension provided you by the contracts negotiated by the Teamsters. I would say that pretty much labels you “anti-union”. It also labels you a hypocrite as you are drawing a pension from the negotiating efforts of the very organization that you say needs to change to suit the employers needs.
I know exactly why Yellow hired me first, networking. Do you really think company HR people and union reps argue and fight all the time? When the hearings and negotiating sessions are over, the only think we argued about was who picked up the dinner and drink check. We all stayed at the same hotels, played golf and worked together. Why do you think conventions, regional hearings and seminars are held in resort towns? My guess is that not much has changed in the last 25 years.
Unions are not "outdated", it's the us against them mentality that should have died with deregulation.
At Yellow in Ohio, I was not a union official in any capacity. I knew nothing about Central States and, as I said, was only there to get the last 5 years I needed. The Yellow culture was disgusting to me.

I know exactly why Yellow hired me first, networking. Do you really think company HR people and union reps argue and fight all the time? When the hearings and negotiating sessions are over, the only think we argued about was who picked up the dinner and drink check. We all stayed at the same hotels, played golf and worked together. Why do you think conventions, regional hearings and seminars are held in resort towns? My guess is that not much has changed in the last 25 years.
Unions are not "outdated", it's the us against them mentality that should have died with deregulation.
At Yellow in Ohio, I was not a union official in any capacity. I knew nothing about Central States and, as I said, was only there to get the last 5 years I needed. The Yellow culture was disgusting to me.
Care to go into detail about how you tolerated five long years with a company that “disgusted” you? And, Union official or not, your 25 years of experience before Yellow probably could have helped some of the ones that did not have a good understanding of contract language. Or was that 25 years of Union experience wasted on golf, dinner, and drinks on the Union’s dime?

Care to go into detail about how you tolerated five long years with a company that “disgusted” you? And, Union official or not, your 25 years of experience before Yellow probably could have helped some of the ones that did not have a good understanding of contract language. Or was that 25 years of Union experience wasted on golf, dinner, and drinks on the Union’s dime?
Blade reminds me of fat Jacky Presser.:17142:

And you forgot that it was just you standing on your soap box who didn't rebut anything I said except for you stating that you are not anti union...but there is no one on these boards that agrees with you....
Correct. It's a waste of my time to try to explain to the braindead that I never met a union officer who was anti employer. Anyone above the steward level knows and understands that it's the employer who writes the paychecks. They understand the value of a profitable, stable company to the union workforce. Union leadership knows that the only real function of the union is to provide job security. 15% wage reductions and 25% pension contributions are about maintaining jobs.
It's the membership who drives companies out of business by refusing to allow companies to be competitive in the free market. A company with a 90 operating ratio has to handle $10 million to show a gross profit of $1 million. $ 1 million before taxes or buying a single pallet jack. A company like Yellow with 26,000 employees should expect each employee to provide at least $ 100 a week in profit. Did Yellow show a $ 26 million profit last year?
When did I say the company disgusted me? I specifically said the "Yellow Culture" disgusted me. The whole hog board mentality was disgusting. The IBT group forgot the B. At Preston, senior drivers took multiple vacation weeks and sick days in the slow winter months. We made sure that everyone worked. Not at Yellow. The "I need 3000 miles a week" club was quick to say, " that's where I had to start". It was the young drivers with young families who barely worked through the holidays and into the spring. Their "brothers" could care less. The new hires from Preston were not affected because all of us were million milers who easily qualified to pull triples.

When did I say the company disgusted me? I specifically said the "Yellow Culture" disgusted me. The whole hog board mentality was disgusting. The IBT group forgot the B. At Preston, senior drivers took multiple vacation weeks and sick days in the slow winter months. We made sure that everyone worked. Not at Yellow. The "I need 3000 miles a week" club was quick to say, " that's where I had to start". It was the young drivers with young families who barely worked through the holidays and into the spring. Their "brothers" could care less. The new hires from Preston were not affected because all of us were million milers who easily qualified to pull triples.
Then you should have used your Union knowledge to try and help these Union brothers understand how they were working against each other as opposed to just getting your last five years in for a thirty year pension. After all, you were a Teamster weren’t you?
A company like Yellow with 26,000 employees should expect each employee to provide at least $ 100 a week in profit. Did Yellow show a $ 26 million profit last year?
Uhhhh…… You might want to replace the batteries in your calculator there Blade. 26,000 employees “providing” the company $100 a week profit is $2.6 million per week. $2.6 million per week times 52 weeks totals $135.2 million a year in profits.
ABF showed a $260 million profit for 2021. ABF has roughly 10,000 employees (that is probably a little high). Using your formula of each employee providing at least a $100 a week profit, that comes up to $52 million profit for the year 2021. That tells me that our compensation package to be negotiated in the upcoming contract should be improved by at least $208 million per year which comes up to $400.00 per week for each of the 10,000 employees of ABF. That totals a raise of $10.00 per hour per employee (40-hour week) for each year of our next contract. Finally, you have made a statement that I can agree with.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
Correct. It's a waste of my time to try to explain to the braindead that I never met a union officer who was anti employer. Anyone above the steward level knows and understands that it's the employer who writes the paychecks. They understand the value of a profitable, stable company to the union workforce. Union leadership knows that the only real function of the union is to provide job security. 15% wage reductions and 25% pension contributions are about maintaining jobs.
It's the membership who drives companies out of business by refusing to allow companies to be competitive in the free market. A company with a 90 operating ratio has to handle $10 million to show a gross profit of $1 million. $ 1 million before taxes or buying a single pallet jack. A company like Yellow with 26,000 employees should expect each employee to provide at least $ 100 a week in profit. Did Yellow show a $ 26 million profit last year?
You said quite a bit there Genius...I have never said a company shouldn't be profitable, and I'm quite aware that the company writes the checks....you seem to be a bit mixed up on what board you are on, this is the ABF board, not YRC with the 15% and 25%....ABF is profitable with historic numbers...you can bet that all management will receive raises and bonuses, and we have a new contract coming up so we are "networking" to come up with proposals just as you can be sure management is looking to counter us.....that is what happens in negotiations, you just don't settle for more of the same, you want more.....especially when you work for a profitable company....its not all about the investor class you know...

You sign a union card to join the union because the union negotiates your pay, benefits, and work rules. Our pay is good for what we do, our insurance is fully paid for by the company, our pension is fully paid for by the company, time-and-one-half pay for anything past eight hours a day or forty hours a week. We also get ten paid holiday's a year, five paid sick days a year, and double time pay for working holidays or your seventh day. We have a grievance process for when you feel you have been violated, and contract language that is very specific about what you can and cannot be disciplined or discharged for. We have a seniority system that for the most part prevents the biggest butt kisser from getting the best job. If we do get disciplined/discharged, we have a Business Agent to represent our case. We have all of this because of the union, not because of the kindness of the company. We get all of these benefits for the cost of roughly two-and-one-half hours of pay per month. That is why we pay our monthly dues. You won't find a better deal at any other company that is non-union. I too have had moments that I disagree with a union decision, but I have never once ever thought about getting out of the union. Without the union, this would be just another run-of-the-mill job. If you don't agree with the unions political stance, then by all means vote for the candidate of your choice. But don't blame the union for not making your own decision about who to vote for. This is a free country and you don't have to let anyone know how you vote.
As you know I’m a week away from on boarding at ABF, right now and for one more week I work for a non-union food company. I’ll tell you right now the non-union food company’s benefits package can’t compete with the benefits package the union negotiated with ABF I mean it’s not even close. The food company asked me to stay, but I can’t the deal at ABF is to good.

I feel the need to say something here. If you don't like the Teamsters that is fine. But, don't come on here just to say the Teamsters suck or any nonsense like that. If you do that I don't have any problem banning you for trolling. If you have any points you want to make that's ok, but don't come on here trying to rile everyone up with nonsense. Thank you.

Notice the OP ( Lardass) posted this and never came back. Hmmmmmmm
200.gif

You said quite a bit there Genius...I have never said a company shouldn't be profitable, and I'm quite aware that the company writes the checks....you seem to be a bit mixed up on what board you are on, this is the ABF board, not YRC with the 15% and 25%....ABF is profitable with historic numbers...you can bet that all management will receive raises and bonuses, and we have a new contract coming up so we are "networking" to come up with proposals just as you can be sure management is looking to counter us.....that is what happens in negotiations, you just don't settle for more of the same, you want more.....especially when you work for a profitable company....its not all about the investor class you know...
You are the investor class. All that pension and health and welfare money is not sitting in a safe deposit box. It is earning interest or stock and bond dividends. Hopefully, some is invested in growth stocks because employer contributions will never be enough to fund pensions.
On the personal side, unless you spend every dime, some of your income is saved and invested. You are a capitalist.

You are the investor class. All that pension and health and welfare money is not sitting in a safe deposit box. It is earning interest or stock and bond dividends. Hopefully, some is invested in growth stocks because employer contributions will never be enough to fund pensions.
On the personal side, unless you spend every dime, some of your income is saved and invested. You are a capitalist.
Wow Blade, thanks for all that useless information....everything you just said a tenth grader knows....

Then maybe you should be more specific. Just exactly who are you referring to when writing, "it's not all about the investor class"?
I mean the big players, not the guys like union men who are pooling money together....
Simmer Raz , simmer . 381 don't play friend.
Nah its ok he is cordial most of the time....it is his best quality....

I mean the big players, not the guys like union men who are pooling money together....

Nah its ok he is cordial most of the time....it is his best quality....
I won't even deal with trucking companies on their dock equipment because they never spend any money. Just weld the old junk to keep it working