ABF | Time to pull out

Good to hear from you again Homesick. How are things going in Atlanta? Are you guys covered up with freight like we are here at the Rock?
Yes, I took a Shreveport bid; 625 miles for the last 2yrs and it has been kicking my butt. I'm very happy you are back and posting :) I asked about you but none of the 086 road drivers were sure who you were. I am grateful for your posts.

If you withdraw you have to wait for the next contract. you cant withdraw mid contract you have to withdraw due to a change not just because you dont like the candidate they endorse. Not sure which pension plan you are part of, But in every stimulus and funding effort, mainly Dems put forth legislation backed by very few Republicans to fix soon to be insolvent funds. Every time Republicans shut down the effort to help struggling funds. Not every Rep but most!! A new bill was proposed the other day after inaguration by 5 Dems. No Rep. So when the Dems do fix these funds I hope everyone rethinks their position.
Why should anyone pay for those pension funds?? What did the taxpayer do to have to pay and get nothing in return?

Democrat's demanded deregulation in 1980 while Carter was in office and you got it.

Now live with it.

Why should anyone pay for those pension funds?? What did the taxpayer do to have to pay and get nothing in return?

Democrat's demanded deregulation in 1980 while Carter was in office and you got it.

Now live with it.
Not to be political here but how many Republicans voted against deregulation? I will bet you more dems voted against it than Republicans...... Not that it matters....they both suck.....hope your pension is in good shape puffy...

Not to be political here but how many Republicans voted against deregulation? I will bet you more dems voted against it than Republicans...... Not that it matters....they both suck.....hope your pension is in good shape puffy...
Well the bill was introduced in the House by a democrat James Howard D-NJ. You do have to remember that the Democrats had the House and the Senate along with the Pres at that time.
This is the House vote count
As for the Senate which was also controled by the democrats passed by a 70 to 20 vote count I guess 10 didn't vote

Well the bill was introduced in the House by a democrat James Howard D-NJ. You do have to remember that the Democrats had the House and the Senate along with the Pres at that time.
This is the House vote count
As for the Senate which was also controled by the democrats passed by a 70 to 20 vote count I guess 10 didn't vote
Yes Fly I was aware they had all three branches, but my point is that it was a bipartisan screwing.....I certainly wasn't defending democrats, but the Republicans had a hand in it too..... They were working on deregulation under Nixon as well....

I have seen lower level management types come from non union companies who had difficulty adjusting to supervising a union represented workforce. They could no longer kick employees around at will without being questioned as to why. Their threats of firing employees were laughed at which hurt their feelings. They also made a much better salary with benefits because the company was obligated under a collective bargaining agreement. So if anybody does not enjoy the benefits of working at a union job they should find employment elsewhere. I would not work long at any job I hated. I would work for less if I was happy at that job. Working at a job that is stressful or that you hate is one of the worst things for your health, both physical & mental.
We had a terminal manager once,that came from XPO, who constantly yelled at driver, or dock meetings. I guess he thought he could accomplish more that way. He lasted just under a year, before getting fired.

We had a terminal manager once,that came from XPO, who constantly yelled at driver, or dock meetings. I guess he thought he could accomplish more that way. He lasted just under a year, before getting fired.

We had a dispatcher in Birm. once told me, Seabreeze,
Atlanta has the dumbest drivers in the system.
One told me if I came outside, he would whip my azz.
I told him a Charlotte driver made me a lot better deal,
said he would come inside and whip my azz..

Now live with it.
To answer your question, as I have posted before, so I can continue my lavish lifestyle.
NOW, fix the damn funds!!

Leaving the union because of who they support in politics is rediculous. When it comes time to retire and you can collect a nice pension, you will be glad you were in the union.
Some people go overboard with politics. Look at the people who stormed the Senate building.

People like Lardass listen to all the buzz and bull sprouted on t.v., radio, YouTube, Facebook, etc, etc, and reason the "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and it is the fault of people who are shacking their heads and rolling their eyes. The people who say "you really expect me to believe that? " There is a reason talking heads are called "influencers", because a lot of people are easily influenced.

I have been in the Teamsters union for over 15 years but I am seriously considering pulling out. Georgia is a right to work state therefore they can not force me to be in it. I am sick and tired of the unions automatically supporting the damn democrat party. Just look what Biden did his first day in office, he killed thousands of union jobs but the unions still back him. I think I will send my withdrawal papers though on Monday, you can call me a scab for leaving and I will call you dumb ass for staying.
How did you feel about his firing of Robb & Stock on Day 1? How do you feel about him replacing Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalise a anti union lawyer with Marty Walsh former Labors Local 233 President ?

Yes Fly I was aware they had all three branches, but my point is that it was a bipartisan screwing.....I certainly wasn't defending democrats, but the Republicans had a hand in it too..... They were working on deregulation under Nixon as well....

Deregulation was a Jimmy Carter child fathered by Ted Kennedy. He blamed the Teamsters for his brother's assassination. Joseph Kennedy asked for help from the Teamsters with his son's election. They obliged but Robert Kennedy, who was attorney general ,went after the Teamsters with a vengeance. So one of the conspiracy theories, (there are many), is that the Teamsters mob took out JFK.
The person(s) most responsible for deregulation were democrats. Thanks to Fly-by-nite for the research on the vote count. Facts matter

Deregulation was a Jimmy Carter child fathered by Ted Kennedy. He blamed the Teamsters for his brother's assassination. Joseph Kennedy asked for help from the Teamsters with his son's election. They obliged but Robert Kennedy, who was attorney general ,went after the Teamsters with a vengeance. So one of the conspiracy theories, (there are many), is that the Teamsters mob took out JFK.
The person(s) most responsible for deregulation were democrats. Thanks to Fly-by-nite for the research on the vote count. Facts matter
This is where Seabreeze needs to jump in and share his insight as most of us here were either to young or not even born yet when this theory started with the Kennedy connection. Mr Seabreeze, I would LOVE to hear what you were hearing back then as you were already a Teamster and dealing with all of this first hand.

I had read about the Kennedy connection also.....I don't know how to post links on here but if you go to the motor carrier act of 1980 on Wikipedia it says that some deregulation of pricing controls started under Nixon and then Ford......I do blame Carter and the democrats for deregulation, but it is disingenuous to act as though Republicans had nothing to do with it.....That is also a fact as nearly no Republican voted against it.....

This is where Seabreeze needs to jump in and share his insight as most of us here were either to young or not even born yet when this theory started with the Kennedy connection. Mr Seabreeze, I would LOVE to hear what you were hearing back then as you were already a Teamster and dealing with all of this first hand.
Not sure Teamsters had anything to do with the assassination of JFK, but Robert was the worst Kennedy to ever crap between a pair of shoes.
Kennedy's main goal in life was to jail, James Riddle Hoffa.
How he got the testimony of Ed Partin on a witness stand is a miracle.
Partin had a rap sheet a mile long, and should not have been allowed on any stand.,A former BA in Baton Rouge had been indicted on many charges included stealing from the local.
Read the book (Ten Angels Swearing) I think this will tell you what Robert was after.
I could go on and on about Partin, I get mad when I hear his name.