ABF | Time to pull out

We do have several snow blowers here at the Rock. We call them "SUPERVISORS". The noon news today said we can expect an additional 6 to 10 inches of snow for Tuesday night thru Wednesday. But, the good news is, it is supposed to get up to a hot, humid 34 degrees Thursday afternoon before dropping back down to 10 degrees Friday morning. We should change the states name to "ARKANSIBERIA" !!!
Road work is fun in this weather. I have been in much colder though. I spent a winter & change in the military in Zip Code 04750 working on snowplows. Look up the forecast on the National Weather Service website. SuperCourse can attest to conditions there.

Road work is fun in this weather. I have been in much colder though. I spent a winter & change in the military in Zip Code 04750 working on snowplows. Look up the forecast on the National Weather Service website. SuperCourse can attest to conditions there.
You Eskimos can keep your cold, I'll stick with my sunscreen!

Can you back that up with proof? Let’s get down to the nuts and bolts here...how much do you PAY for your employers health plan? The only way you could beat ABF’s plan is if your company paid YOU for YOUR medical premium. There is no non-union trucking company that pays 100% of the premiums that I know of.
Saia with ten years of service. Health and optical for employee and family. Dental is cheap, but not free.

You Eskimos can keep your cold, I'll stick with my sunscreen!
Mr. Seabreeze, I see that the ice and cold is getting closer to your area. Here in Central Arkansas, we ended up with 14 to 15 inches of snow this week from the two storms. I may need to borrow some of that sunscreen of yours today as the temp is supposed to be 34 degrees with some sun this afternoon.

Mr. Seabreeze, I see that the ice and cold is getting closer to your area. Here in Central Arkansas, we ended up with 14 to 15 inches of snow this week from the two storms. I may need to borrow some of that sunscreen of yours today as the temp is supposed to be 34 degrees with some sun this afternoon.
Not using much sunscreen today, raining and 38.
I'm keeping my recliner company today.
I like to see the snow on TV, not in my yard.

Wow!! How deep is that snow? That makes my yard look like I only received a dusting of snow. We have had snow now for four days and I am already sick of it.

I would guess it was about 8 to 10 inches there. We got 16 inches during the Feb 2-3 storm and another 6 to 8 inches on Feb 7th but some evaporated/melted since then. Looking at the deer out there I wondered why the snow falling on them wasn't melting. I learned something new!

1. Hollow hairs help them stay warm in the winter.

Have you ever seen a deer that has snow on its back that doesn't melt? It makes people shiver to think about walking around covered in snow --- isn't the deer freezing? However, it's actually that frozen snow that shows just how warm a deer is. Deer and moose have hollow guard hairs over their furry undercoat that helps keep all of their body heat inside. They are so insulated that their body heat doesn't even escape enough to melt the snow on their backs. They don't even feel the cold from the snow.

https://dickinsoncountyconservation...hings-you-didnt-know-about-white-tailed-deer/