ABF | Time to pull out

I would guess it was about 8 to 10 inches there. We got 16 inches during the Feb 2-3 storm and another 6 to 8 inches on Feb 7th but some evaporated/melted since then. Looking at the deer out there I wondered why the snow falling on them wasn't melting. I learned something new!

1. Hollow hairs help them stay warm in the winter.

Have you ever seen a deer that has snow on its back that doesn't melt? It makes people shiver to think about walking around covered in snow --- isn't the deer freezing? However, it's actually that frozen snow that shows just how warm a deer is. Deer and moose have hollow guard hairs over their furry undercoat that helps keep all of their body heat inside. They are so insulated that their body heat doesn't even escape enough to melt the snow on their backs. They don't even feel the cold from the snow.

https://dickinsoncountyconservation...hings-you-didnt-know-about-white-tailed-deer/
I could use some deerskin overalls.

Well good deal, I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of (atta boys)
Kevin McCaffrey caused Secretary Treasurer of Teamsters Local 707 to send out letters to Nassau OTB & other union members seeking voluntary payment of union dues from when non essential OTB employees were out of work because of COVID & before. Zirpoli did not run for re-election this year. You may read of the letters and the responses thereto in a forthcoming NY Post story. At a General Meeting of Teamsters Local 707 held after McCaffrey won re-election he said $100, 000 in dues arrears across all employers in the local would sought to be recouped. Nassau OTB has mot attempted to act as Local 707 collection agent for dues arrears. The matter has been referred by members to the Ny state department of labor and elected official. Note also that teamsters local 858 which Hoffa forcibly merged into local 707 had withdrawal cards which local 707 does not.

First off they are making $30+ hour they can afford their dues. Second the union is offering them $250 start over deal. And finally all they had to do is ge a withdrawal card & they could have avoided all of this

First off they are making $30+ hour they can afford their dues. Second the union is offering them $250 start over deal. And finally all they had to do is ge a withdrawal card & they could have avoided all of this
Nassau oTB salaries are a matter of public record subject to the ny freedom of information law
You are mistaken as to the hourly rate for employees without specifying titles of which there are several or mire
Local 858 had leave cards but when Hoffa forcibly merged it into 707 without a vote and with other machinations, there were no leave cards in local 707. Mccaffrey at a zoom general meeting asserted he was going to collect $100 000 from members at all employers in arrears! If you look at the post article again you might conclude the lawyers may make over 100k if he plays cards in court and looses. His word is at best unreliable.

Nassau oTB salaries are a matter of public record subject to the ny freedom of information law
You are mistaken as to the hourly rate for employees without specifying titles of which there are several or mire
Local 858 had leave cards but when Hoffa forcibly merged it into 707 without a vote and with other machinations, there were no leave cards in local 707. Mccaffrey at a zoom general meeting asserted he was going to collect $100 000 from members at all employers in arrears! If you look at the post article again you might conclude the lawyers may make over 100k if he plays cards in court and looses. His word is at best unreliable.
I’m going off the $80 dues which usually is 2 1/2 times your wage for dues. The union also offered them a solution with the $250 rejoin offer….

Where did he mention withdrawal card? Don’t know why you keep bringing up McCaffrey up in almost every post?
Mccaffrey was the Hoffa agent with his political partner Joseph g Cairo that merged local 858 which had withdrawal cards into local cash pooor local 707 without a vote. Thugs at work