New Penn | Time to take a stand.

I understand there is pressure for certain things from lenders. But a five year deal is hard to accept, Keep in mind there will be a new CEO and next year Hoffa has an election where there may be a new IBT President if they have fresh ideas we are locked into this. And what happened to equal sacrifice? The agreement says the company has to LOOK at ways to reduce the non-union pension funding. So while we agree to rules that will help them cut the labor, Keep wage reductions in place and wait till JUNE 2011 for a PARTIAL PENSION CONTRIBUTION. Managment gets contributions towards their pension? Seems like half the new work rules are thrown in there as a slap in the face. My last question is why do we need to vote on this before they release the third quarter earnings?

The way i see it....if they can come to us like this in the middle of a contract.....why, if things pick up, can we not go back and redo it, why is assumed locked in this way...yet obviously we had a contract which they were not 'locked into"....I think if it picks up we should also redo things...if our contract was 'open to negotiation' when it fits their needs, then so to should this be open to negotaition if things turn around significantly.

Voting NO!!! not once did anyone tell them to come back with a better plan!! we gave them a 4 year deal already! now they want more... let them start paying the 25% as soon as the vote is done! why wait until june next year to pay?? why? just so u get screwed out of pension. you all may as well just decertify from the union!!!!
A yes vote will probably get us out of the union anyway....Conway and FEDEX(no not FEdEX they are laying off) and Pyle and ESTES and Pitt-Ohio, and PJAX, and Ward and Old Dominion are waiting!!! Yippeeee!!!!! I can't wait to feel the real whip on my back again.......I hope your right and there's still achance of negotiating, but it never seems so to me.

The way i see it....if they can come to us like this in the middle of a contract.....why, if things pick up, can we not go back and redo it, why is assumed locked in this way...yet obviously we had a contract which they were not 'locked into"....I think if it picks up we should also redo things...if our contract was 'open to negotiation' when it fits their needs, then so to should this be open to negotaition if things turn around significantly.
I don't disagree with what you think we should be able to do. But I sure do question weather or not it would be done.

vote yes and youll have two choices,stay or leave.Vote no and be unemployed.And my being able to say I told you so will be little comfort to me.Im voting yes for me and you!

vote yes and youll have two choices,stay or leave.Vote no and be unemployed.And my being able to say I told you so will be little comfort to me.Im voting yes for me and you!

how do you figure you will be unemployed? every carrier will be busy and you can pick the company you want. if this goes through, this job wont be worth having. no one is talking about the additional insurance cuts that are coming, along with the vacation cuts, along with the 2 more years of wage cuts. all for a 25% / $1.75 hr contribution to the pension. if you keep voting yes they will keep asking for more, which they have been.

what are you talking about ,this doesnt contain more wage cuts.When is a 20 dollar an hour job with insurance paid in full by the employer not worth having?Our frieght will fill the empty copacity of other companys with laid off employees.Maybe a small percentage will find work at the bottom elswhere and pay for thier med. benefits weekly out of thier pay.You better take a good look at what you have and whats out there b4 you throw it all away!

How many on here have actually taken the time to read the WHOLE agreement :shrug: There are many,many gray areas do yourself a favor it will take a few minutes ,read the entire thing and then decide for yourself how you will vote... do what you think is best for your family as they will also be affected by your decision ....

Pleaseeee Lucky!!! don't get on your pedestal how you are voting to save us from ourselves.. you're vote is for you and only you.. I'm ok with that.. Don't worry about me or my vote..

unfortunately your no vote gives me and my family only one outcome unemployment.my yes vote gives you 2 choices stay or leave!Its just that simple .like it or not im giving you an extra choice that your not giving me.

Only place your going to take a stand is at the unemployment line my brother with a no vote. We seriously need to look at our options i live paycheck to paycheck unemployment is not in my plans.

unfortunately your no vote gives me and my family only one outcome unemployment.my yes vote gives you 2 choices stay or leave!Its just that simple .like it or not im giving you an extra choice that your not giving me.

And your yes votes have taken away my pension!!!! but why would you care about that? YOU have your pension time!!!! So get real about what you're voting for. because it's not for me, the union, the contract or the company!! it's for you!!! And i have said many times b4 that its ok if you are voting for yourself, just don't lie and say its for anything or anyone but yourself.
I'd rather take tempory unemployment than suffer the years of lower wages, pension and work rules by voting yes.

My yes vote is for me and mine.I do have my time in but even if I didnt it still would be yes.At 58 years old I need 7 years till medicare.Thats 84 months of selfpay insurance at about 1000 dollars a month Im going to come up way short!My priority is healthcare-paycheck-pension in that order.You have to survive to pension time.Lucky for your family they benefit from my yes vote to whether you like that fact or not!!

MY yes vote did not take away your pension,it gave you another year of paychecks and healthcare.Your pension was gone eitheer way.Now you have a chance to get some of that back.vote no you have no chance at all!!

MY yes vote did not take away your pension,it gave you another year of paychecks and healthcare.Your pension was gone eitheer way.Now you have a chance to get some of that back.vote no you have no chance at all!!

boy oh boy you sure are a hero in your own mind.. can you wear your super hereo cape to work so i can get a picture and show my family who saved the day?

Lucky...since you don't want to retire maybe you can give me a few of your years and I will retire.... now there's a deal I can vote yes on....haha

You dont ,its gone ,the same way it would have been gone if you and your no won.NewPenn would have been gone along with you,me ,and everyone else atN.P.IM no super hero,I dont own a cape,but I do have an analitical mind and am capable of comparing the consequences of peoples actions.

Only place your going to take a stand is at the unemployment line my brother with a no vote. We seriously need to look at our options i live paycheck to paycheck unemployment is not in my plans.
even if yrcw was not in trouble i couldn't imagine living paycheck to payckeck......good luck to you

I imagine we have all had our meetings by now. I don't know what went on or what was said at your meetings but I can tell you all how ours went. First they have no faith in this company surviving, they have way too much debt. This plan also has way to many moving parts and is not even assured of working. They have forced you into a corner again with threats, they will not allow you to have a choice. Now tell me is that really fair. Enough with the back and forth between the yes votes and the no votes. At the end of the day it is up to you and your family as to which way you vote. There is no one else sitting at the dinner table with you, nobody else out here knows what kind of situation you are in. I am a no vote and have been all the way through but i am not going to lobby one way or the other this time. My personal opinion is that we are a lot closer to being out of work now than ever before. Sad to see that after 18 months these people have nothing to show for our sacrifices. They can't even get out of their own way. You have one of the best regional networks in the country making you money every day and they just **** it away. Very sad state of affairs. Let's make the best of what is left. Enough of the fighting with each other and all the name calling what good is ti going to do? We are all in this together. I have my opinions and anyone who knows me knows I can as stuubborn and thick as anyone, and I'm not afraiad to battle with anybody but let's just move on together.