Holland | Time To Think

dokman

TB Veteran
Credits
We are at a critical stage in our careers. If you want to start over then feel free to do so, all I read is there are jobs that will hire (me). Then you should go find your green grass and enjoy. If you choose to do that take in to consideration your fellow brothers and sisters that are at the age where they need 4 or 5 years more to retire.
Take in to consideration what 25,000 less paying in to pensions will do to retirees. All will not find teamster re employment if doors close.
Could we get better maybe, could we get worse, maybe. The best thing for all to preserve what we have and try and grow the company is accept what is offered and act like professional drivers and do what is expected of us and not tear up freight or equipment like a two year old.
If anyone is that miserable don’t vote and walk away with your new job some where else.
Think hard before you pull the trigger, there may not be any turning back this time.

I got a letter this week from CSPF. It said basically Consistent with last years outlook Operating at 27.2% of funds needed to fund current and future obligations.

It's a hard pill for those with more than 5 years until retirement to swallow. Pension payments flushed down the toilet.

You can't ask YRCW or the Teamsters of YRCW to continually fund the pensions of those who never worked for YRCW . By the way I've left already. What's the point? The sacrifice in hours and days away from home, for 8 to 10 + cents a mile less than a non union ltl.
4 to 6 bucks an hour less than a non union in hourly pay. All for the insurance only. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a letter this week from CSPF. It said basically Consistent with last years outlook Operating at 27.2% of funds needed to fund current and future obligations.

It's a hard pill for those with more than 5 years until retirement to swallow. Pension payments flushed down the toilet.

You can't ask YRCW or the Teamsters of YRCW to continually fund the pensions of those who never worked for YRCW . By the way I've left already. What's the point? The sacrifice in hours and days away from home, for 8 to 10 + cents a mile less than a non union ltl.
4 to 6 bucks an hour less than a non union in hourly pay. All for the insurance only. Doesn't make sense.
There is a lot more involved than just insurance. Take into consideration going somewhere else with the union or non-you’ll be starting over at the bottom of the board.Giving up 3 or 4 or five weeks vacation that you will never get back.Everybody’s situation is different, and there is an old saying money isn’t everything.

There is a lot more involved than just insurance. Take into consideration going somewhere else with the union or non-you’ll be starting over at the bottom of the board.Giving up 3 or 4 or five weeks vacation that you will never get back.Everybody’s situation is different, and there is an old saying money isn’t everything.
I agree dokman. But if you are looking for a retirement of any kind, it's a tough situation at a YRCW company. There's no easy answer either and I hope and pray one comes for the good of all.

When I got the Labor Day call from CF most all of the guys and gals that got jobs were union jobs.Roadway, Yellow, Holland, ABF.

I saw a couple guys from CF in sleeper rigs at grocery warehouses while on my route..heart wrenching..I saw some others at bottom of the barrel bs driving jobs.

If Yellow,Roadway ( YRC) and Holland were to be gone it’s going to be a sad state of affairs for the majority. ABF and UPS will pick up a small percentage.I think it will be easier for line haul to find work than city.

Non Unions will be operating at maximum capacity before they open their arms to Teamsters who just voted themselves out of a job.Some will probably offer part time work and make you earn a full time job.

I know in Atlanta 3 huge LTL that work their guys 4 days per week sometimes it’s not even winter.They will work their own 5 days per week before they hire any of us.

Those that think that every driver will hop right into a non union job are sadly mistaken.

Dock workers and clerical will have it even worse.

Good luck to all.

We've been getting these letters for years.

There will always be those who only have 4 or 5 years left to work! You'll always vote "yes" no matter the contract if that's the way you're always going to look at it! I'm not rolling over any longer!! It's a definite NO from myself and my fellow Local 89 Teamsters!!
We are at a critical stage in our careers. If you want to start over then feel free to do so, all I read is there are jobs that will hire (me). Then you should go find your green grass and enjoy. If you choose to do that take in to consideration your fellow brothers and sisters that are at the age where they need 4 or 5 years more to retire.
Take in to consideration what 25,000 less paying in to pensions will do to retirees. All will not find teamster re employment if doors close.
Could we get better maybe, could we get worse, maybe. The best thing for all to preserve what we have and try and grow the company is accept what is offered and act like professional drivers and do what is expected of us and not tear up freight or equipment like a two year old.
If anyone is that miserable don’t vote and walk away with your new job some where else.
Think hard before you pull the trigger, there may not be any turning back this time.

There will always be those who only have 4 or 5 years left to work! You'll always vote "yes" no matter the contract if that's the way you're always going to look at it! I'm not rolling over any longer!! It's a definite NO from myself and my fellow Local 89 Teamsters!!

Actually I think the contract is pretty good .Thats why I’m voting yes.
I don’t like some of the language but I don’t think there has ever been a contract where we were happy with all the language.

We took it in the ass for all this time and are finally gaining something back.
A billion over 5 years is more than I expected simply because they haven’t made a billion in the combined last 10 years.

And then the fact that our freight director and the unions
economic advisory panel predicted a Memorial Day closure
because of unsustainable revenue losses.
That should be what everyone thinks about before casting a vote.

Pride cometh before the fall

Actually I think the contract is pretty good .Thats why I’m voting yes.
I don’t like some of the language but I don’t think there has ever been a contract where we were happy with all the language.

We took it in the ass for all this time and are finally gaining something back.
A billion over 5 years is more than I expected simply because they haven’t made a billion in the combined last 10 years.

And then the fact that our freight director and the unions
economic advisory panel predicted a Memorial Day closure
because of unsustainable revenue losses.
That should be what everyone thinks about before casting a vote.

Pride cometh before the fall
The banks aren't gonna let this company close!! They sold everything years ago there's nothing to sell off to gain any of their losses back. The banks would just take the company from the **** poor management that is YRCW and run it themselves. You'll think you're getting back when contractors are hauling our freight while our drivers are at the house.

The banks aren't gonna let this company close!! They sold everything years ago there's nothing to sell off to gain any of their losses back. The banks would just take the company from the **** poor management that is YRCW and run it themselves. You'll think you're getting back when contractors are hauling our freight while our drivers are at the house.[/
Be careful what you wish for.

A no vote will not close the company ... a lot of bs from hoffa .. again
drinking kool aid again will only show that we are weak ...
If we want to survive .. hoffa should've been voted out the last time

The banks aren't gonna let this company close!! They sold everything years ago there's nothing to sell off to gain any of their losses back. The banks would just take the company from the **** poor management that is YRCW and run it themselves. You'll think you're getting back when contractors are hauling our freight while our drivers are at the house.

The banks aren't going to let the company close ?
It's nice to have a truck driver on here with such business savvy .
This changes the dynamics of everything.
Please let the IBT'S economic advisory panel ,the union accountants with masters degrees, the union attorneys the analyst, and Ernie know immediately!!!

Last edited:
The banks aren't going to let the company close ?
It's nice to have a truck driver on here with such business savvy .
This changes the dynamics of everything.
Please let the IBT'S economic advisory panel ,the union accountants with masters degrees, the union attorneys the analyst, and Ernie know immediately!!!
Hey F. Look at it this way. In about 30 hours from now, all these expert opinions will turn into name calling,more whining,threats,and expert business advice on how to manage these companies,wether the winning votes are yes,or no....

Hey F. Look at it this way. In about 30 hours from now, all these expert opinions will turn into name calling,more whining,threats,and expert business advice on how to manage these companies,wether the winning votes are yes,or no....
Might be time to change the option on immediate email delivery of new posts for sanity's sake...

think of it this way, if youve been here nearly 25 years, you would have worked nearly the last half of your career here with either no pension or only 25%. yet you gave 100% everyday. why would you let these people steam roll you until the end ? Dont you have any dignity or is it just that you want those extra 5 days pay ? If you want the pay Ill give it you. But this contract is simply pure dogshit