ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

I wonder if ABF is realizing that they have the best work force in the industry and they are ok with paying us what they do. They probably know that when things start getting better, we will be there to help them continue to be the best trucking company in the industry! I'm not happy that they went into debt to buy Panther, but Panther probably has very low cost being that they are all owner operators. I thought I seen some where that they profit over 200 million a year.

I think Brother ABFer has a good point. ABF isn't going to put off strategic business moves, and they're going to take the contract talks in stride. I'll give management enough credit to know they really can't plead too much poverty.

I wonder if ABF is realizing that they have the best work force in the industry and they are ok with paying us what they do. They probably know that when things start getting better, we will be there to help them continue to be the best trucking company in the industry! I'm not happy that they went into debt to buy Panther, but Panther probably has very low cost being that they are all owner operators. I thought I seen some where that they profit over 200 million a year.

They should know it given their stringent hiring process that the whole world knows is the toughest in the industry. I think the big question is in their minds-do WE know that we are the best in the industry and that we are worth being compensated accordingly?

Yes, Brother ABFer, ...and can we be subtly talked into convincing ourselves that ABF needs our charity..(read "concessions"), and can they recruit the leadership of the IBT to promote that message? The damage that the Teamsters leadership inflicted on themselves during the "beg-back" by aligning themselves.....or falling for....ABF management's message of doom and failure if we didn't vote for concessions in the middle of the contract..an "emergency", we were told... and then ABF's subsequent operation as business-as-usual when they had threatened closure and bankruptcy, made the IBT leadership's complicity in recommending us to vote for the concessions look either criminally compromised, or criminally duped and inept. Maybe that was ABF's ultimate strategy,....to shake our confidence in our leaders in Washington to negotiate a strong contract. Maybe I'm giving them credit for being more devious than they deserve.....but the end result is that we're not going to blindly follow all the recommendations emanating from Mr. Tyson Johnson's office. I would hope the IBT leadership has realized Mr. Johnson's integrity has been compromised..............or, what's worse, ....he was suckered into shilling for the company, and never knew they were lying to him about the true state of the companies' finances.

It should be understood that we are a part of a company that has prospered because we for the most part work in tandem with each other. I only hope that Fort Smith does not forget that without good workers there be not be any good profits. They have bought a company and needs to pay for it and we are the only ones that can generate the cash needed.
If they have not learned any lessons from the yrc screwing then they will soon learn that a disgruntled work force is more than they would bargain for.
ABF has grown due to the efforts of everyone from the Truck Drivers and Dock Workers all the way down to the CEO. If we don't respect each other this thing will break and we all know where that will go.
We will not go backwards in the up coming contract but we will not be blind and mislead into causing undue damage to our company.
But everybody involved from the IBT to Fort Smith had better BEWARE one wrong deed could cause far reaching harmful effects on everybody involved.
Profits are one thing but disrespect and harming our families are all together a different animal.

BE FAIR AND WE WILL GET THERE!
YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

It should be understood that we are a part of a company that has prospered because we for the most part work in tandem with each other. I only hope that Fort Smith does not forget that without good workers there be not be any good profits. They have bought a company and needs to pay for it and we are the only ones that can generate the cash needed.
If they have not learned any lessons from the yrc screwing then they will soon learn that a disgruntled work force is more than they would bargain for.
ABF has grown due to the efforts of everyone from the Truck Drivers and Dock Workers all the way down to the CEO. If we don't respect each other this thing will break and we all know where that will go.
We will not go backwards in the up coming contract but we will not be blind and mislead into causing undue damage to our company.
But everybody involved from the IBT to Fort Smith had better BEWARE one wrong deed could cause far reaching harmful effects on everybody involved.
Profits are one thing but disrespect and harming our families are all together a different animal.

BE FAIR AND WE WILL GET THERE!
YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
I hope Brothers Hoffa, Johnson, and Sweeton are reading this thread!

Make no mistake about it we the ABF Teamsters will be a major part of the Teamsters freight division with our up coming contract.

I see where Panther has already gotten us business in Cleveland. I hope it keeps growing. We have called on several accounts that have switched to ABF because of the added service Panther along with ABF can give them. I had rather see ABF profit than some fly by night outfit. I think Judy has made a move that will benefit ABF also. GO BIG GREEN! YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

100% TEAMSTER!

Where's Tyson The TRADER?

No Longer the head of the multi region change committee.

I haven't heard him begging for the companies lately.

Could this be him?

Last edited by a moderator:
These are just heads up for all my ABF Brothers. Zollars ruined yrc and here you can all see he has and still does work for companies owned by the Carlyle Group. Just a bit shady now that they have control of yrc.

WILLIAM D. ZOLLARS
Bill Zollars, 64, has been a Director of Cigna since 2005. Mr. Zollars has served as the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of YRC Worldwide, Inc. (formerly Yellow Roadway Corporation) (a holding company whose subsidiaries provide regional, national and international transportation and related services) from 1999 until July 2011. Mr. Zollars served as a Director of ProLogis from 2001 through 2010 and rejoined the Board of ProLogis in 2011. He has served as a Director of Cerner Corporation since 2005. His term as a Director of Cigna expires in 2014.

Board of Directors | Cigna

For some reason that doesn't worry me Wolf but I know what you are saying. I believe that since that move by Wall Street raiders back in the 1980's that ABF people have kept majority ownership under wraps. At least the voting rights.