ABF | To My ABF Brother's and Sisters

I see Jeff gave a link to show where the TRADER has been as of late.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42059564/Truckingboards/YRC/MOU Rulings For 2012/mou2012.pdf

Just look Brothers most of the decisions were made in February and April and the memo is dated July. Way to go TRADER!

If you read theses boards Tyson let Gordon handle our contract because you are not any good at it.REMEMBER 2008 THE GREATEST CONTRACT EVER! WHAT A JOKE. we have since been shown that you knew yrc was in no condition to afford or maintain the contract that was voted on. TRADER!

Judy McReynolds is a brillant hard working individual with Christian values; it shows in her leadership. I feel we're blessed to have her. It wouldn't hurt to pray for our leadership from the top down. Include our nation, military men and women serving at home and abroad.
To late I have been praying for over five decades. YOUR GOD LOVING BROTHER ALWAYS!

For some reason that doesn't worry me Wolf but I know what you are saying. I believe that since that move by Wall Street raiders back in the 1980's that ABF people have kept majority ownership under wraps. At least the voting rights.

As long as I work for ABF it will take a lot less than $11.00 a share to make ABF look attractive. lol

You guys most likely got nothing to worry about...............Maggots never bother anything thats healthy. Stay healthy. :wavey:

You guys most likely got nothing to worry about...............Maggots never bother anything thats healthy. Stay healthy. :wavey:
To be politically correct we are hoping to stay GREEN! YOUR JOLLY GREEN GIANT BROTHER ALWAYS! OH OH OH!

Last edited by a moderator:
That article is over a year old. I haven't heard if she was reelected this May. It's not unusual for people in her position to serve on BOD of various companies. I do know some of the people on ABC board work for other companies & help bring customers/freight to ABF. As long as she does her job for ABC I have no problem with what she does on her own time. If she neglects her duties at ABC then I am sure the other board members & company leaders will make corrections. I do know she is active in her community. So far I am not aware of any attempts by her or any mangement person to control what hourly employees do on their own time.

That article is over a year old. I haven't heard if she was reelected this May. It's not unusual for people in her position to serve on BOD of various companies. I do know some of the people on ABC board work for other companies & help bring customers/freight to ABF. As long as she does her job for ABC I have no problem with what she does on her own time. If she neglects her duties at ABC then I am sure the other board members & company leaders will make corrections. I do know she is active in her community. So far I am not aware of any attempts by her or any mangement person to control what hourly employees do on their own time.
I seem to have struck a never Brother. She belongs to many boards. I was just pointing out how busy she must be. And I never said she could not do as she wants in her free time. I beg to differ on your comment of not controlling what we do in our off time. Just read the NMFA from cover to cover and then tell me they don't. How about that nice BONUS we made for her? I was glad to see that we worked hard enough working the docks and driving the trucks so our leaders could BONUS OUT! How about you did it make you feel good? Meaning we the Teamsters of ABF are doing a great job for such an expense to be possible. But I am not complaining as long as we get ours. YOUR HOPING WE ARE NOT MAD BROTHER ALWAYS!

Do you not find this a very heavy load for one to carry?

Ms. McReynolds, a graduate of the University of Oklahoma, serves as a member of the Board of the Westark Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, the Sparks Health System Board of Trustees, the University of Arkansas Fort Smith Foundation Board, the Dean's Executive Advisory Board of the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas, the Arkansas Business Hall of Fame Board and Selection Committee, and the American Transportation Research Institute Board. Ms. McReynolds also is a member of the American Trucking Association Board of Directors and the American Trucking Association Executive Committee and serves as Chair of its Audit Committee.

OGE Energy Corp. Names Judy McReynolds To Board Of Directors - TheStreet

It sounds like a lot to me but is she can do it all, God bless her. It is common for BODs to appoint their friends to each others boards. I have no idea how much work is involved in sitting on a BOD.

Is it just me or is this trend way out of line?

Income inequality between CEOs and workers has consequently exploded, with CEOs last year earning 209.4 times more than workers, compared to just 26.5 times more in 1978 -- meaning CEOs are taking home a larger percentage of company gains.

That trend comes despite workers nearly doubling their productivity during the same time period, when compensation barely rose. Worker productivity spiked 93 percent between 1978 and 2011 on a per-hour basis, and 85 percent on a per-person basis, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

CEO Pay Grew 127 Times Faster Than Worker Pay Over Last 30 Years: Study

It is not just you, Brother. It is a bad trend as I see it. I'm all for them getting theirs but let's not forget about ours too. This is the stuff revolutions are made of.

Well didnt Judy get a nice raise when she took over. Ol Wes wasnt even making a mil a year salary(idk about options and all that)

I think ABF has now & always had good leadership otherwise we would not be still in business. With all of the union LTL carriers that have gone out over the years ABF stands almost alone in paying full benefits & wages per the NMFA. The Young family has always been good to their employees & a stablework force has made this company successful.
That being said I don't trust management enough to give them a blank check & expect them to take care of us because they love us. If my father owned a company he might give me a job & take care of me because he loves me. That is why we have a contract. Without a contract management can do what they very well please. The contract works for management & labor. Management is promised a days work for a days pay & we get paid for that days work.

Driver,you can not forget the Carolina deal where they thru the ABF people under the bus.All in the nane of Greed.( almost put ABF out of business ).

A Teamster Forever.

Old history there, real old. Not worth hashing out at this point unless loopfred has something to link this to current events and I don't see how that could be possible.

One thing Driver to remember they dont love you as much as you think ?

A TEAMSTER Forever.

I don't recall anyone saying anything about the company loving anybody... After a fair days work for fair days pay, they don't owe me anything and I don't owe them anything. It's called business. If we were in love, it would be called marriage...

Last edited by a moderator: