Yellow | to the yes voters

mike

TB Lurker
Credits
:redface:please when this passes, please when you hate it, don't complain to everyone how bad it is because I know you will say I did not vote for this. I like how we took concessions before people sais 21doolars is better than none, we will keep saying this until we are down to8 bucks an hour and they ask for more and people will still vote yes because 8 is better than 7. lololololololol

I'm voting yes because I don't believe its going to make my life any different right now. I mean when you think about it you're losing a week of time off. your really not losing any money. you will be able to work that week.And as far as my pension is concerned. I'm not going to be able to retire until I can afford health care anyway.So it'll be a while. And I would like to add this little tid bit. I applied for a job at ABF I have two million miles safe driving 1 speeding ticket in the last 10 years and they told me they are unable to offer me employment at this time. Well yea why would they hire me an pay me 90% and after a year 100% when they can hire a man off the street for 70% and they wouldn't have to raise him to 100% until what 3 or 4 years. Do the math. that is some savings for a company that already asked their employees to take a cut in pay.

Well yea why would they hire me an pay me 90% and after a year 100% when they can hire a man off the street for 70% and they wouldn't have to raise him to 100% until what 3 or 4

They don't pay you 90,that is only if you went from YRC to one of the regionals or vice a versa.
Only applies to commonly owned not ABF.
You would have started at 70 when you made the list.
So sorry but it was your speeding ticket that put you out.

7murph7 you make too much sense. Those who would have everyone believe that a no vote will cause YRCW to return with an improved offer are going to be REAL dissappointed. Soon enough the ballots will be counted. The leadership of the Teamsters will not risk prison for fraud in this vote any more than YRCW leadership would risk the same fate by filing false reports to the SEC. A yes vote only buys time that YRCW desperately needs, a no vote will result in bankruptcy liquidation. Very reassuring that the fate of thousands will be determined by reasonable and informed Teamsters. Too bad more of them don't post here!!!

Mike, I don't know what they pay in your area, because you didn't fill out a profile...hmmmm. Out west the only companies that pay Union rate are Fed-Ex, Conway and UPS, and there you have to pay for benefits. When an additional 25,000 currant, and the previous 15,000 Teamsters really have to hit the street what do you think that will do to wages and work rules, if any are provided?
Do you really think you will have the pick and choose option when Obama care runs out? I think not, they have been consolidating the lanes and work force to be more competitive because we have been hanging around for the past 2 years, all while they have had their foot against our throats. I am leaning towards a yes vote, after voting no the past 2 times, I don't want to give the media, public...etc...the satisfaction of saying, Oh look the Teamsters got greedy and closed another company! There will be no standard in the Industry to hold up wages, benefits work rules if the Teamsters fall, look at Old Dominion as an example.
Get facts and vote, pride only goes so far, if we live to fight when the economy returns....that is a whole different scenario. Good luck with any decision you must make.

jimbobillybob
you mean to tell me that if you get a speeding ticket in your personal vehicle and have over 2 million miles safe driving record and only have 1 accident that was not your fault. In a period of 10 years for the ticket and over 30 years safe driving.That ABF won't hire you. Give me a break. If this is the case then those guys that think they are going to get a job there better rethink that. You almost have to be God. To get hired on. But I guess they have the upper hand. Considering the economy. Their as bad if not worse the UPS.

Mike did you really say what you said. Because it doesn't make any sense. Yea 8 is better then 7. I mean if the whole trucking industry is getting 7 and you get 8 that would be better. And I don't complain about what I'm making now. Do I wish it was better? yes Do I wish I could be retiring when I was suppose to ? Yes Is there anywhere else to go right now NO. Are people losing their homes in record numbers because business are closing up shop Yes. Does the economy look like it's getting any better no. While YRC close the doors Maybe . Do I want to gamble my life on that NO. Do I want to make what I'm now making for the next 5 years NO. Is it better then unemployment YES. Well unemployment give me health benefits when mine run out NO. Well another employee give me health benefits like I'm now receiving. NO. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the answers to these questions .Just a normal man with a brain . And I know you have a brain .Or else you wouldn't have been able to turn on your computer. I'm not trying to make you look stupid . Just trying to make you think in a different light.

jimbobillybob
you mean to tell me that if you get a speeding ticket in your personal vehicle and have over 2 million miles safe driving record and only have 1 accident that was not your fault. In a period of 10 years for the ticket and over 30 years safe driving.That ABF won't hire you. Give me a break. If this is the case then those guys that think they are going to get a job there better rethink that. You almost have to be God. To get hired on. But I guess they have the upper hand. Considering the economy. Their as bad if not worse the UPS.

Due to the Economy there are Thousands applying, and yes, 1 speeding ticket Could do it.

When I got laid off in Oct 2008, I applied at Dayton Freight. There were 2 openings, 1100 applicants. I too have over 38 years experience with a clean record, so it appears to me I HAD to be amongst the top applicants. Never got a call. When my current job hired me, there were 116 applicants-- 8 were interviewed. I was hired. Some mighty good applicants were turned away. It happens....that's the future, if YRC closes. Don't assume other LTL companies will 'have to hire'. They've been building for YRC's demise for over a year, plus Fed-Ex has over 1100 laid off/let go. With the bad economy, there are more jobs than work. Not a good thing at all.....

Due to the Economy there are Thousands applying, and yes, 1 speeding ticket Could do it.

When I got laid off in Oct 2008, I applied at Dayton Freight. There were 2 openings, 1100 applicants. I too have over 38 years experience with a clean record, so it appears to me I HAD to be amongst the top applicants. Never got a call. When my current job hired me, there were 116 applicants-- 8 were interviewed. I was hired. Some mighty good applicants were turned away. It happens....that's the future, if YRC closes. Don't assume other LTL companies will 'have to hire'. They've been building for YRC's demise for over a year, plus Fed-Ex has over 1100 laid off/let go. With the bad economy, there are more jobs than work. Not a good thing at all.....

If I were still there-- I'd vote Yes, then take a Leave of Absense to find a job before others do. But that's me....