ODFL | To turn up all trucks to 67.87367 mph

johnnybtruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
Yeah right buddy! But with tons per day shipped down 8% in January and 12 in February plus revenue down 3% we better get ready for more forced separations, patched up trucks and 300 HP auto Internationals without passenger seats etc because those high upper management bonuses gotta come from somewhere

Yeah right buddy! But with tons per day shipped down 8% in January and 12 in February plus revenue down 3% we better get ready for more forced separations, patched up trucks and 300 HP auto Internationals without passenger seats etc because those high upper management bonuses gotta come from somewhere
Where have you been? My tractors were turned up to that or more years ago. Two tractors were turned up to 69 to see the difference in fuel mileage. I drove one and another driver has the other. Zeros for both on the charts. Much better fuel mileage also, pulling triples.

Where have you been? My tractors were turned up to that or more years ago. Two tractors were turned up to 69 to see the difference in fuel mileage. I drove one and another driver has the other. Zeros for both on the charts. Much better fuel mileage also, pulling triples.
Was the freight stacked though in the triples loads?
Was the test done near Scranton?
We’re 3 drivers used, each pulling a single and a dollie?
Was an independent consultant used to verify fuel savings?

So funny we not hearing anything about ROI 's anymore..Fuel prices are up and they making a killing on Fuel Surcharges.Plus,all automatics now being ordered is my understanding starting this year.lol

So funny we not hearing anything about ROI 's anymore..Fuel prices are up and they making a killing on Fuel Surcharges.Plus,all automatics now being ordered is my understanding starting this year.lol
Isn’t it though. Ya, the ROI thing was a joke. I argued that how can we drive a train up a 6% for 5 to 8 miles by running within the ROI specs. When the other driver and I got our trucks turned up then we were turning in zeros all the way across and passing other trucks pulling loaded triples. Proving that some schmuck that’s never been in a truck came up with the numbers for the ROI. We constantly argued to turn the power up, leave the speed alone just give us the power. When our trucks were turned up, they also turned up our rpm. I believe it was 18.5 rather than 14 or 15. Makes a whole lot of difference. Better fuel mileage too.

67.87367 mph is what we'd get if they turned the trucks up to 68. For some reason our trucks don't ever seem to run the governed speed. Our 65s run 64, 70s run 69. The kws are the only exception that I know of.

oh, my..69 is my favorite number...

Soooooo basically the tractors will stay governed at 65mph unless on a high mileage run! So nothing really changing which begs the question of what this subject is about……. Hmmmmm!!!

Soooooo basically the tractors will stay governed at 65mph unless on a high mileage run! So nothing really changing which begs the question of what this subject is about……. Hmmmmm!!!
Who knows? Who cares? Some terminals run by different rules. I talked to the owner/ceo years ago about the various speeds on the tractors. In Arizona, they were set at 70 mph due to the higher speed limit and run distance. In Orygun they were being turned down to 65 I believe due to Orygun’s double nickel speed limit. That was back in 07. I drove in Arizona and then transferred up to the Northwest. I spoke to Mr Congdon when he visited the terminal.

Who knows? Who cares? Some terminals run by different rules. I talked to the owner/ceo years ago about the various speeds on the tractors. In Arizona, they were set at 70 mph due to the higher speed limit and run distance. In Orygun they were being turned down to 65 I believe due to Orygun’s double nickel speed limit. That was back in 07. I drove in Arizona and then transferred up to the Northwest. I spoke to Mr Congdon when he visited the terminal.
you spoke with Mr. Congdon, Ooooooooooooooooooo