SEFL | Tobin sent me a gift

fifthwheelga

TB Lurker
Credits
I need to ramble about this no layoff thing with our company.... There's no company that hasnt let people go. Conway just terminated over 2000 people...Not deadwood..good people. Saia has been doing the same for months. Averitt, AAA,.....Roadway Yellow about to merge and make 10,000 jobs go away.

Dont ever believe that the reason why we have not had a massive layoff is because we have some genius business wizards leading our terminals or up in Columbia that have allowed SEFL to escape the trouble that every trucking company is in.

Other companys have ALL done the same thing to protect shareholder profits....cut cost by cutting people...10s of thousands of people. Thats the goal of other companys. Protect the shareholders money!!

What about SEFL Shareholders??? HMMM let me think?? OH yeah..thats Tobin.

Know this...every day from this point forward that the Cassels Family can avoid laying off people is a gift from them to us. We work for company where money is ONLY the means by which they achieve their goal of taking care of their people......it is not the goal.

I'm thankful that they have kept their eye on the goal.

2009 is going to be a long year

You took the words right out of my mouth fifthwheelga! And its not just a gift to me , its also a gift to my family......

I need to ramble about this no layoff thing with our company.... There's no company that hasnt let people go. Conway just terminated over 2000 people...Not deadwood..good people. Saia has been doing the same for months. Averitt, AAA,.....Roadway Yellow about to merge and make 10,000 jobs go away.

Dont ever believe that the reason why we have not had a massive layoff is because we have some genius business wizards leading our terminals or up in Columbia that have allowed SEFL to escape the trouble that every trucking company is in.

Other companys have ALL done the same thing to protect shareholder profits....cut cost by cutting people...10s of thousands of people. Thats the goal of other companys. Protect the shareholders money!!

What about SEFL Shareholders??? HMMM let me think?? OH yeah..thats Tobin.

Know this...every day from this point forward that the Cassels Family can avoid laying off people is a gift from them to us. We work for company where money is ONLY the means by which they achieve their goal of taking care of their people......it is not the goal.

I'm thankful that they have kept their eye on the goal.

2009 is going to be a long year

:1036316054: Amen brother!

First off i want to say THANK YOU to the Cassels Family.

We work for a great company and we will make it thur a very long 2009. We just have a few people working here that will never be happy. (i pray for them) They get30 hrs a week and complain they get 60 hrs a week and complain, or they get 1600 miles a week and complain, or 3500 miles a week and complain. Three or four days a week is a lot better than standing in line at the unemployment office.

one more thing its MERRY CHRISTMAS dang it not merry x-mas

thank you and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Just curious are you quoting that last statement? That is a very good statement!! I have only met Tobin one time and when i did meet him he seemed to be a very good person. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WORKING FOR ANOTHER COMPANY AS I AM WORKING FOR SOUTHEASTERN FREIGHT LINES.

Just curious are you quoting that last statement? That is a very good statement!! I have only met Tobin one time and when i did meet him he seemed to be a very good person. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WORKING FOR ANOTHER COMPANY AS I AM WORKING FOR SOUTHEASTERN FREIGHT LINES.
whose and which statement are you refering to?

I believe (I don't know for a fact) but I believe the Cassels are doing all in there power to keep us all working.

Hey FW you are famous. Today one of our sales folks showed me an email that Rick T. sent out to a bunch of folks. He copied and pasted your gift post.

I think we all complain too much when times are good. We all should take a step back and realize how many gifts and blessings we all have in our lives.

We are all the shareholders of this company. If we are to come through this it is up to everyone of the 1,000s of drivers and other folks who work here to do everything possible to get us more business and save the company $$s where we can.

Thank you Tobin for everything you do. Merry Christmas!

Hey FW you are famous. Today one of our sales folks showed me an email that Rick T. sent out to a bunch of folks. He copied and pasted your gift post.

I think we all complain too much when times are good. We all should take a step back and realize how many gifts and blessings we all have in our lives.

We are all the shareholders of this company. If we are to come through this it is up to everyone of the 1,000s of drivers and other folks who work here to do everything possible to get us more business and save the company $$s where we can.

Thank you Tobin for everything you do. Merry Christmas!

thanks for letting us know that upper managment is on the site:1036316054:

Tobin and his Dad are perfect owners. I feel so sorry for these Union carrier employees. SEFL is the best. They don't just print a mission statement and hang it on the wall, they live by it.

Tobin and his Dad are perfect owners. I feel so sorry for these Union carrier employees. SEFL is the best. They don't just print a mission statement and hang it on the wall, they live by it.

they are good people but i wouldn't call them perfect. i wouldnt call sefl the best job either. why feel sorry for someone who makes 4-5 dolla more and hour than we do.

the ole racehorse thanks southeastern freight lines for giving him a job when he needed one......he will not forget it.....thanks for what yall are doing for us now in these hard times.....

Mr. Jones you stirke me as someone who if I gave you $100 you would complain that I gave it to you in twenties instead of tens. I know first hand the lengths that Mr. Cassels and Tobin go through to make sure that ALL of us are taken care of. I had a battle with cancer and had to be out a while. It would have been easy to just cut me loose but they made sure I had a job to come back to. If you can't appreciate what you have here please go look for happiness somewhere else. We are a family. Join it or move on!

everyone wants to bash mike jones or ban mike jones. i really dont care, all i know is that it aint all apples and oranges at every term at sefl. we all dont think alike. so if yall want to ban mike jones then yall do it