FedEx Freight | Today’s announcement April 5

Do you think they are going to slowly phase out the Express company guys and go full contractor model for the new Express?

It looks like that the plan. New buildings for ground have been going up for a few years now and they're huge. From what I've seen, they're not utilizing all of the space yet. I've never heard of a new express building. The express employees are also being offered the option of a severance package or undergoing a "work reassignment process".

I think they have DDIs at express so they can have guys transport cans from the ground building to the rail yard. There's no money in it for a contractor to do it. They're also using planes less. Planes will be used for international shipments and only stop once, then the shipment is trucked to a facility and sorted for linehaul or rail. No more stopping in Newark then Philly then Memphis down to Florida. It's Newark and then back.

So did we dodge a bullet?

We weren't mentioned much, other than being included in parcel linehaul to reduce empty miles. They did mention that they were going to make sure city operations only used one truck in an area, but AFAIK we've always done it that way with the exception of swaps, lift gates and straight trucks.

Really Brother ?
We can have 3 trucks at the same stop in one day because of poor routing and loading errors .
Yeah, they said the goal is to have one freight truck and one parcel truck in each area.

My building let's the drivers route themselves the night before so the poor routing and loading errors aren't really a problem.

FedEx Freight will continue to provide less-than-truckload freight transportation services as a stand-alone company under Federal Express Corporation.

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS STATEMENT? WHY ARE WE SEPERATE? SELL MAYBE?
why would anyone believe anything these idiots in mgmt say?

Yeah, they said the goal is to have one freight truck and one parcel truck in each area.

My building let's the drivers route themselves the night before so the poor routing and loading errors aren't really a problem.
Not in my barn , mgt did not even want suggestions from a driver .
Unless it was one of your daily cry babies that you could not send
anyplace except the same stops everyday no cross route training
except a small handful of us that they would send anyplace at anytime.

Now that its looking more and more likely that the petro dollar is on its way down or even out we can expect more bank failures and financial setbacks. Loans and credit will tighten up. If I needed some cash to shore up my mansion my condo would be the first thing on the market while its still worth something.