Pitt-Ohio | Toledo Terminal - Down the Toilet

I sure wish people that post info about Pitt Ohio and Pjax would post the right info. The owner's of Pitt and Pjax are cousin's. The companie's are not affiliated with each other.

Excuse me Brothers/Cousins still family,with that same bull attitude. You tell me where do you see a female driving for them. They have been found guilty by the EEOC and that is public and is posted on the internet by the EEOC and if you look in the Ohio terminals for Pitt Ohio is has to be posted there for 5 years. Yes I do my homework and I applied for a driver position for both companies and then found out later about there issues with women on the dock and driving semi's, also found that they hired males after my app was put in with accidents and tickets on there record, mine is perfect, never the whole time i have been driving have i had an accident or a ticket. And as far being affiliated with each other, you are correct and i know this and never said they were. Just that they are family, so they tend to think alike.
But now PJax is owned by Vitran, but again even there, here locally there is not one women driver for them. The drivers I have met some at the same customers and they were very nice to me and supported me but it is management. I have been in this industry most my life and again have never had any issues because i am a female until the last year. What is wrong with this world? :TR10driving03:

Cleveland 02 has three women drivers all laid of do to hard times !

Really, well according the public notice with the EEOC in Cleveland they have not hired or offered work to a female driver or dock worker, and not even at there other Ohio Terminals. In the past 10 years. They have hired men with worse driving records and less experience. You can go to the EEOC website and find the cleveland office and read all about it. A women in Cleveland was not offered an interview or even a job and she found out about the men that put in apps after she did and were given interviews and jobs. I put in an app with the toledo term last june. Which at that time did have a line haul opening posted on line and was not given an interview or even a reply that they filled the position. And there was also a straight truck position available which i put in for that also. No response. So I would like to know where these 3 women are at. That is odd. 3 from CLE term, laid off due to hard times? HHHMMM!!!! EEOC is pretty tough to beat and they will seek and search and found no women. So only women were laid off in CLE? That is very odd, how many men?:TR10driving03:

14 men 3 women i been at clv 10 + years i think tou are just a trouble maker that dont know what your talking about!

Roanoke has 3 women drivers 1linehaul and 2 city drivers. If they can do the job and the ones we have can, POE will hire them just like they will hire anyone who can meet their requirements, those requirements may just be to much for some,who knows maybe they don't meet POE standards.

14 men 3 women i been at clv 10 + years i think tou are just a trouble maker that dont know what your talking about!

No i am far from a trouble maker, just stating facts that come from the EEOC. Look at it yourself. Look up the EEOC of Cleveland. It is on there web site. Apparently you dont believe me. look at the eeoc website.
look at the archives for jan 2009.

And look at your board where the wage and hour posting goes. There should be a posting there by demand of the EEOC and has to remain posted for the next 5 years. Public record. So when were they laid off.

Roanoke has 3 women drivers 1linehaul and 2 city drivers. If they can do the job and the ones we have can, POE will hire them just like they will hire anyone who can meet their requirements, those requirements may just be to much for some,who knows maybe they don't meet POE standards.

No they did. This is stated for the ohio terminals. If you go to the eeoc website and look at the jan 09 archives you can read all about it. i was called a trouble maker. I am not. And i commend the roanoke term. The company i used to work for we had 3 women. 1 f/t line haul , 1 f/t city ( she would only drive a single axle with a 36 ft. ) and myself i was both line haul and city. Varied from week to week. I liked it. They would put me into areas that were routed for the straight truck but i did with a tandem and 53 ft. I have done everything from pallet jacking my freight on and off to taking the 53 down residental streets. Cause the customer did not tell us that there Business was out of there home. Using the smaller trailers with the lift gates, going to grocery whse and finger printing and breaking down pallets for them because they were mixed. Running the refer trailer. Even driving the straight trucks. Over 10 years driving exp with no accidents or tickets. But our company got rid of all company drivers and now has contractors so they dont have to pay or health ins and workers comp. Been there done that. But apparently that is not up to poe standards. I do know that i have never seen a female driver for them thru my travels in ohio,penn,ny,and mich. I was just on 90 last week and seen all kinds of pittohio trucks but all men. if they are closing the toledo term, i would venture to say that it has alot to do with what the findings were from the eeoc. And the economy yes would be to blame also. A friend of mine has a good friend that works out of the toledo term and said he knows of no women driving for them in the adjacent states. I am just sayin that there should not even be name on the app or gender, if that were possible. Lets see what happens then. For men and women. If there is no name and no gender on the application look at strickly qualifications there would be more women driving. My late husband who was a driver and put me in the truck, did a statistics. Out of 100 men and women, the women had less tickets, accidents, cleaner trucks. he use to say that i was a better driver then him. I dont believe that.He trained me and was an excellent driver and could do circles and drive anything he planted his butt in. But what he was saying is that we are more careful and less apt to take that corner so fast. I was top in my CDL class ( which I took after he trained me, because of the third party testing) we had 20 drivers and only 4 were women. I averaged 97.8 on written and in the truck. A male driver this past winter told me I was nuts for doing the linehaul that i was on for the contractor i drove for (at the company that got rid of us company drivers). I asked him why. He said cause the weather you are crazy I did it once and wont do it again. This came from a man with more driving exp than me. What is up with that!!!!?????

Lady I could care less about that but since you have an axe to grind with POE then do it get it off your chest it will not change anything but that chip on your shoulder for POE.

Why don't you you finish filling out your public profile?

Excuse me Brothers/Cousins still family,with that same bull attitude. You tell me where do you see a female driving for them. They have been found guilty by the EEOC and that is public and is posted on the internet by the EEOC and if you look in the Ohio terminals for Pitt Ohio is has to be posted there for 5 years. Yes I do my homework and I applied for a driver position for both companies and then found out later about there issues with women on the dock and driving semi's, also found that they hired males after my app was put in with accidents and tickets on there record, mine is perfect, never the whole time i have been driving have i had an accident or a ticket. And as far being affiliated with each other, you are correct and i know this and never said they were. Just that they are family, so they tend to think alike.
But now PJax is owned by Vitran, but again even there, here locally there is not one women driver for them. The drivers I have met some at the same customers and they were very nice to me and supported me but it is management. I have been in this industry most my life and again have never had any issues because i am a female until the last year. What is wrong with this world? :TR10driving03:
get your faxes correct there slappy tol pjax has a women in the city and another in combo on medical cause she hurt hurself. the cousins once owned a company together mountain something in pitt. could not get along and the opened pit and pjax

Really, well according the public notice with the EEOC in Cleveland they have not hired or offered work to a female driver or dock worker, and not even at there other Ohio Terminals. In the past 10 years. They have hired men with worse driving records and less experience. You can go to the EEOC website and find the cleveland office and read all about it. A women in Cleveland was not offered an interview or even a job and she found out about the men that put in apps after she did and were given interviews and jobs. I put in an app with the toledo term last june. Which at that time did have a line haul opening posted on line and was not given an interview or even a reply that they filled the position. And there was also a straight truck position available which i put in for that also. No response. So I would like to know where these 3 women are at. That is odd. 3 from CLE term, laid off due to hard times? HHHMMM!!!! EEOC is pretty tough to beat and they will seek and search and found no women. So only women were laid off in CLE? That is very odd, how many men?:TR10driving03:
quite a few

No they did. This is stated for the ohio terminals. If you go to the eeoc website and look at the jan 09 archives you can read all about it. i was called a trouble maker. I am not. And i commend the roanoke term. The company i used to work for we had 3 women. 1 f/t line haul , 1 f/t city ( she would only drive a single axle with a 36 ft. ) and myself i was both line haul and city. Varied from week to week. I liked it. They would put me into areas that were routed for the straight truck but i did with a tandem and 53 ft. I have done everything from pallet jacking my freight on and off to taking the 53 down residental streets. Cause the customer did not tell us that there Business was out of there home. Using the smaller trailers with the lift gates, going to grocery whse and finger printing and breaking down pallets for them because they were mixed. Running the refer trailer. Even driving the straight trucks. Over 10 years driving exp with no accidents or tickets. But our company got rid of all company drivers and now has contractors so they dont have to pay or health ins and workers comp. Been there done that. But apparently that is not up to poe standards. I do know that i have never seen a female driver for them thru my travels in ohio,penn,ny,and mich. I was just on 90 last week and seen all kinds of pittohio trucks but all men. if they are closing the toledo term, i would venture to say that it has alot to do with what the findings were from the eeoc. And the economy yes would be to blame also. A friend of mine has a good friend that works out of the toledo term and said he knows of no women driving for them in the adjacent states. I am just sayin that there should not even be name on the app or gender, if that were possible. Lets see what happens then. For men and women. If there is no name and no gender on the application look at strickly qualifications there would be more women driving. My late husband who was a driver and put me in the truck, did a statistics. Out of 100 men and women, the women had less tickets, accidents, cleaner trucks. he use to say that i was a better driver then him. I dont believe that.He trained me and was an excellent driver and could do circles and drive anything he planted his butt in. But what he was saying is that we are more careful and less apt to take that corner so fast. I was top in my CDL class ( which I took after he trained me, because of the third party testing) we had 20 drivers and only 4 were women. I averaged 97.8 on written and in the truck. A male driver this past winter told me I was nuts for doing the linehaul that i was on for the contractor i drove for (at the company that got rid of us company drivers). I asked him why. He said cause the weather you are crazy I did it once and wont do it again. This came from a man with more driving exp than me. What is up with that!!!!?????

don't know your source who knows all about pjax but find a new on tol has had plenty of women 2 now most could not handle it wanted special runs new trucks ill cry descrimination thats why women get little respect cause 1 or 2 of them boo woo about things its not right but it happens but quit spouting things you don' know about indiana has women det has 2 linehaul sag grr indy col pit lou hbg get a new source your looking like a fool

Women

don't know your source who knows all about pjax but find a new on tol has had plenty of women 2 now most could not handle it wanted special runs new trucks ill cry descrimination thats why women get little respect cause 1 or 2 of them boo woo about things its not right but it happens but quit spouting things you don' know about indiana has women det has 2 linehaul sag grr indy col pit lou hbg get a new source your looking like a fool

I did read that Pitt Ohio and Pjax both settled with the Stae of Pa about the hiring of women on the dock and driving. Pitt paid the state about 1 million, and Pjax about 500,000 ( not sure on the exact $$ amount ). But neither admitted wrong doing, and changed their hiring practices as to not discriminate against women.:shift:

The longer she talks the more she sounds like one of the women we have laid off trying to start crap all over!

The longer she talks the more she sounds like one of the women we have laid off trying to start crap all over!

She sounds like a SuperTrucker and thinks she can drive for anyone just because she is a graduate of a Truck Driving school and graduated at the top of the class. Those are her words.

this EEOC thing has been going on for years and finally settled. She found it and tried to discredit POE well if she was smart she would have known it wouldn't work on the employees of POE.

She can always go to work for one of the TOP notch companies. i.e., WERNER, J.B. HUNT, U.S. EXPRESS, oh yea, SCHNIEDER! Top of her class, why work for us.:ranting2:

I did read that Pitt Ohio and Pjax both settled with the Stae of Pa about the hiring of women on the dock and driving. Pitt paid the state about 1 million, and Pjax about 500,000 ( not sure on the exact $$ amount ). But neither admitted wrong doing, and changed their hiring practices as to not discriminate against women.:shift:

i don't know there were 2women 4 yrs ago that did not get hired went crying got around 25k per i think got hired one worked a month went to florida did not work 2 nites no call offs and could not understand when let go other worked a week or so and quit to hard