ODFL | Tolleson, AZ

tenspdbrnout

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello all,

Looking for info on the Tolleson terminal. Relocating to AZ from the Midwest in the next few months and wondering how it operates. I will be looking for linehaul since that is what i'm used to and have been doing for the past 9 years at my current LTL company.

-What kind of lanes run out of that yard?
-You all return every morning or are the runs set up as layovers? (i don't mind laying out if i have to)
-What kind of average mileage per week am i looking at?
-Any other info i should know about...

Thanks for all and any info! Will be submitting an application very soon
Stay safe out there!

Hello all,

Looking for info on the Tolleson terminal. Relocating to AZ from the Midwest in the next few months and wondering how it operates. I will be looking for linehaul since that is what i'm used to and have been doing for the past 9 years at my current LTL company.

-What kind of lanes run out of that yard?
-You all return every morning or are the runs set up as layovers? (i don't mind laying out if i have to)
-What kind of average mileage per week am i looking at?
-Any other info i should know about...

Thanks for all and any info! Will be submitting an application very soon
Stay safe out there!
Excellent Terminal to work for. I transferred out of there in 06. I know that they’re busy. We had a driver transfer down there within the past year, I hear he enjoys it. Not sure of linehaul, it’s grown so much since I came up here. Best of luck.

Excellent Terminal to work for. I transferred out of there in 06. I know that they’re busy. We had a driver transfer down there within the past year, I hear he enjoys it. Not sure of linehaul, it’s grown so much since I came up here. Best of luck.
Thank you...That's encouraging!

I work out of the Tolleson yard. We’ve been growing like crazy, we’re up to 39 schedules and 9 wild guys. I haven’t seen anything posted up that we are hiring for line, but have heard we may be adding a few more runs which would open up some spots. They do hire internally before they hire off the street.

We have a variety of runs ranging from low 300’s to mid 600’s. We go west into California, up north to Flagstaff and further east to meet the Albuquerque guys, and we run southeast to Tucson and further out to meet the El Paso guys.

All of our runs are straight yard to yard, or meets. We have no layovers unless something happens and you won’t have the time to make it back.

Miles per week will vary, but when I was wild I usually saw anywhere from 2,400-3,000. The wild board is a rough life. You are on call, there’s no set start times at all unless you get pre planned by boss man.

It’s a good yard to work out of tho, our TM and ATM are good guys. 90% of our tractors are 2019’s and the rest are mostly 18’s, and some scattered 17’s-15’s.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sounds great and thanks for the info! Wouldn't mind running wild and laying down sometimes, do it periodically now. I'm single no kids just wanna get out of these northern Ohio winters and into great weather to ride my Harley year 'round!
Will def be putting in an application in the next few weeks/month just finishing up final details of my move. Thanks again for the info and be safe out there!