Top 3rd round NFL pick Michael Sam Comes out of Closet

Exactly. In Seattle he is just another gay guy. So what ?

That's the way I feel. Just another gay guy.. I know ESPN tried to make it an issue, but the Commish never came out and said, "Sams is just another player drafted in the NFL, No need for all this publicity".. You have to remember, the NFL is trying to repair it's image... Kinda like Joe Biden getting an interview these days, it really is an accomplishment...LOL

I wonder what would have happened if the Commish would have said that?......."Sams is just another player drafted in the NFL, No need for all this publicity"..

That would be interesting to know how that would have been dealt with in the media.

dres_bus.jpg

I wonder what would have happened if the Commish would have said that?......."Sams is just another player drafted in the NFL, No need for all this publicity"..

That would be interesting to know how that would have been dealt with in the media.

dres_bus.jpg

It's all about "image improvement".... Don't know whether it went over well with 99.9% of the viewing public though.. But I don't think it really matters to most folks.. Just the ESPN thing had a lot pissed off about the amount of coverage it got..

ESPN is extremely disappointed with Sams' cut. They were looking forward to reporting on the first gay sneeze, the first gay sack, the first gay tackle, the first gay drink of water, etc.etc. They have been pathetic.

So now ESPN is to blame for Michael not getting picked up off wavers? This is too funny. Michael Sam should sew ESPN for too much coverage.:biglaugh:

Bills center Eric Wood says teams are avoiding Sam because they don’t want the ESPN hype that would come with having Sam, the only openly gay player in football, on the team.
What? The same "hype" that put him in the spotlight to begin with is now a bad thing?

Bills’ Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam | ProFootballTalk

So now ESPN is to blame for Michael not getting picked up off wavers? This is too funny. Michael Sam should sew ESPN for too much coverage.:biglaugh:

What? The same "hype" that put him in the spotlight to begin with is now a bad thing?

Bills’ Eric Wood blames ESPN for lack of interest in Michael Sam | ProFootballTalk

IMO, he's right.. Who wants that popularity.. Wood, a supporter I guess of Sam, was saying that ESPN should do more publicizing the situation.. But he is right, who wants that.. I assume he's referring to "business" aspect of the NFL owners...

ESPN sunk their teeth into this story to the point of being pathetic. I had no problem with Sam being talked about, but holy crap, they've told us every time that the guy took a breath of air......if he wasn't gay, he'd just be another nobody that didn't make it. But the draft night kiss set this story on fire. So Sam caused this firestorm himself.

ESPN sunk their teeth into this story to the point of being pathetic. I had no problem with Sam being talked about, but holy crap, they've told us every time that the guy took a breath of air......if he wasn't gay, he'd just be another nobody that didn't make it. But the draft night kiss set this story on fire. So Sam caused this firestorm himself.

He may be the First Gay Guy Drafted, but he's is by far, not the first open gay guy in the NFL...

If you want something to laugh about, when reading ESPN's scroll at the bottom of the screen, in your mind, change the words "first openly gay player" to "first heterosexual player" and see how much sense it makes. It makes me laugh because it reminds me about how little I care about the players' sexuality.