New Penn | Top rate out the gate

rugrunner

TB Lurker
Credits
WgY6a5n.jpg

XPO is doing same thing , they are offering $27.69 hour on day ONE ......................................

Time and half after 8 hours and paid health and welfare also?
No. XPO does not pay the employees share of their insurance. A few friends of mine work at an XPO large barn here. The one is night linehaul,the other city. The hourly guy gets some OT,but sometime he may not get much p and d,so they put him on a day road run.( mileage).

Central States Health insurance costs your employer about $372.00 a week,per employee....Yes. Almost $1,500 a month.just saying.
Right and point is we are paying for our heath insurance now with our -15% , it is not free like company ads say & some Driver's believe !

Central States Health insurance costs your employer about $372.00 a week,per employee....Yes. Almost $1,500 a month.just saying.
That dollar figure includes the pension fund. Around 35 grand a year, 15 grand for the medical coverage & 20 grand for the pension fund. That is how it breaks down. von. &

Time and half after 8 hours and paid health and welfare also?
Most outfits you have to pay for you insurance after they have taken out payroll taxes. Which is about 30%. So, if you pay 100 a week for medical insurance, your true cost is around 20 to 25 % more, or, 130 bucks a week not 100. With ABF Freight you pay nothing each week. Just 60 bucks a month for dues. von.

That dollar figure includes the pension fund. Around 35 grand a year, 15 grand for the medical coverage & 20 grand for the pension fund. That is how it breaks down. von. &
Actually,I have seen the 372 dollar figure on paper from CS H &W, stating that weekly cost,for just health insurance on the C 18 plan,which is what yrc,and others are on.

The -15% week givebacks more then cover's the health insurance costs ...................we pay for it too .................

Actually,I have seen the 372 dollar figure on paper from CS H &W, stating that weekly cost,for just health insurance on the C 18 plan,which is what yrc,and others are on.
The figures I gave you was good thru the last ABF Freight contract. Which is quite different from the YRC contract. Still, if you think as a businessman, ABF if paying 35 grand a year for each employee. Then 50 to 100 grand in wages depending on your job classification. I am blessed I worked 18 years under a CBA with a pension, no medical insurance each week. The job I had is becoming harder & harder to find. von.