FedEx Freight | Top rate start? What about the old timers?

The last we heard. They wanted us up to 87 city when daily plan calls for 60-62. They said they wanted 30 more road which I think we are close to 100 or so. Everyone at top scale but they want to cut as much o.t. as possible. I don't think we'll get more than .75/hr raise unless they find a way to cut ALL o.t. across the U.S. Our place has no desire to get us up to what other ltl's are at with pay. And we're half an hour or more from everything. Nobody wants to drive farther for less pay!
They are trying to over hire where they can to cut ot, so the raise we get in October won't really be a raise and by the time they raise the insurance we will be going backwards once again no matter what the raise is. I guess they think we are that dense not to see what's going on.

Depends on where you are. I have 23 years in the city, number 14 on a board of 90, and I still can't get a regular peddle route because the give them to the new guys. The new hires get treated much better than the old guys. I guess they figure we have been here too long to leave, and they need to treat the new guys really nice so they will stay.
I would assume that you have an early start time if you’re that high up the board, and therefore get more hours than new guys, regardless of what routes you get stuck with. To be clear, I’m not trying to defend what your management is doing, it’s just that my point was guys with seniority have perks that stop them from leaving. Maybe I’m way off base and you’re actually not getting many hours, and you’re on your way out?

I have 17 years in. The only senior drivers we have leaving are the ones retiring. I want to transfer but it's more because the city itself here sucks. Plus the o.t. I like getting the 15-20 hours a week o.t. They want to cut all of our o.t. and if they do that's more incentive for me to transfer.
That's a company wide thing, unless your terminal is understaffed, thats why our city guys go to the road. The city will give you all the overtime you want, your happy, living good, then no more OT. Thats why I went to the road myself, the pay is consistent, otherwise city is a much better life, loved the city.

I ran road as a fill in back at Watkins/National. I definitely like the city more. I'd be happy with an 11 hour say. At our place. They'll let road do city work if they don't have any runs for them. The only way they'll let city do road is if it's running cans to the rail yard. The dumb stuff they do is give road cc days almost every day but yet want 30 more. The city they eliminate the 4 10hr bids because we needed drivers. Then hire a few drivers and go back to the 4 10's.

Basically this.

Why all of a sudden are tneured employees entitled to something "extra"? As a former tenured driver, I'd have had zero issues with a new to the company, but experienced driver starting at top pay.
Driving is a trade job. Same as a plumber, welder, electrician, ect. Go try hiring a welder with 15yrs of experience, and say you're starting him at the bottom of a pay grade. He's going to give you the finger.

Don't get me wrong. All drivers at Fx need a 10% pay bump, but has less to do with tenure as it does getting Fx guys back in line with COL and inflation, and is irrelevant to this discussion.

Fx has taken the first step towards acquiring tallent with the hire on at tope rate.
Now, the next step is to take care of the tenured guys, and retain the tallent by dropping the lowest 2 GDP located pay grades, and doing a minimum 10% raise.

Let Fx fvck around, and announce a shameful $1.10hr raise this year, and you're going to see a driver exodus.
True. I don't have a problem with new drivers making top scale, but at least bump the tenured drivers with 10%. Make this year's top of scale the new Tier 1 and bump all others.

Me personally. I don't mind if newbies start at top scale. As long as I get my 11 hours a day I'm happy. But I think the 15+ year drivers should get treated better. I think we should get a safety bonus each year, at 10 consecutive years, even if it's only a few percent. On top of our bi-annual bonus. I've heard people mention a 5th week of vacation but I'd rather get a safety bonus!!!

Is this top rate bump in effect at all service centers or just certain areas? I didn't hear nothin' at my location.
I think you had to be hired before the end of the month to get it, but when I started it only took a year to top out but after this it’ll go back to 3yrs to top out

You want to hear the real problem? What happens to yearly raises when everyone is at top pay? I guarantee FedEx won't give a nickel a mile. We'll be lucky for half a penny.

Anything that eats the bottom line WILL eventually come out of our pay.