Reddaway | Top Ten Things YRC Big Shots Say

Exactly, companies like YRC dont spend that kind of $$ just to shut us down. Was there a complete and utter lack of due diligence on the part of YRC merging Bestway and Reddaway? Absolutely. This might cause them to shut us down, but I don't believe for one minute its all some big plan like USFTrucker would like us all to believe.

The 780 million must be the loan from DB for the purchase of USF.

shut em down

Exactly, companies like YRC dont spend that kind of $$ just to shut us down. Was there a complete and utter lack of due diligence on the part of YRC merging Bestway and Reddaway? Absolutely. This might cause them to shut us down, but I don't believe for one minute its all some big plan like USFTrucker would like us all to believe.

so u dont think they spend that kind of money just to shut em down??? I think thats just what they did!! ask a texas driver

so u dont think they spend that kind of money just to shut em down??? I think thats just what they did!! ask a texas driver

Coolio, You don't have to believe a word of what I say, a lot of it's speculation, until it comes true. But usf523 is right, ask a TX driver.

Better yet, ask any other of the thousands of YRC victims - ask a Preston driver, ask a Redstar driver, ask a Dugan driver, ask a Holland driver.

I'm sure any one of these guys would be ok with shedding some light upon you.

Coolio, if you don't think they knew EXACTLY what would happen when they merged a 90 OR with a 114 OR, then I respectfully submit that you might be in serious denial. These people have been F'ing with numbers long before they got their grubby little profit milking mitts on USF.:hide:

Jax

Yellow built a place in Jacksonville Florida back in the late 80s and walked away from it after a few years. Don't know much about it today or if they still own it.
This was a great example of if it don't work we take our losses and move.

I do find it difficult to believe that Yellow didn't understand the problems coming in the merger. I was told that they had placed one of their guys over Bestway for the last year of their operation as Bestway prior to the merger for that very reason--to know exactly what was going on, where the money was going, how the operation functioned day-to-day, where problem personnel in management were.

However, I wouldn't want to paint any company as "all-seeing, all-knowing". Bigger isn't always better, and in the end it does all come down to one person's judgement. And I don't think anyone but ANYONE was expecting the bottom to fall out of the freight quite the way it has.

Except maybe me. :) I knew last year when it was flat all summer that it was gonna drop out this winter in a big way. I was doing all I could to prepare myself for living cheaper.

Still sucks though.

Coolio, if you don't think they knew EXACTLY what would happen when they merged a 90 OR with a 114 OR, then I respectfully submit that you might be in serious denial. These people have been F'ing with numbers long before they got their grubby little profit milking mitts on USF.:hide:

Companies may very well cut their losses. That is completely different than what usftrucker is saying. This was not a big plan to shut down USF like you believe. Yellow cannot afford to spend that kind of $$ just to shut USF down. Infact YRC has pulled out of the micro managing of Reddaway, Holland, and New Penn, and are allowing the companies to go back to business as usual. Mistakes were made due to a lack of due diligence, when merging Reddaway and Bestway. Since we have closed the terminals in the Southern states we are back in the black this week!

USF-Indy thanx for the negative rep points! Give some more please I would like to have the highest # of -rep points on the board. :1036316054:

They are going to cut the fat. Times are hard and freight is slow. It sucks, but it is reality. Thats just business. Those Southern states is one of the reasons Bestway started to lose so much $$ in recent years. Just because they shut down terminals that are throwing away boatloads of $$, does not mean its all a big conspiracy to close USF as a whole.

Coolio, You don't have to believe a word of what I say, a lot of it's speculation, until it comes true. But usf523 is right, ask a TX driver.

Better yet, ask any other of the thousands of YRC victims - ask a Preston driver, ask a Redstar driver, ask a Dugan driver, ask a Holland driver.

I'm sure any one of these guys would be ok with shedding some light upon you.

Exactly paranoid speculation! Ive been at this game for a little while. Ive worked for USF for well over a decade. I know all about it.

CoolioB - Your welcome for the -'s. I'm glad you have been around for so long. I'm kind of new at this with only 17 yrs at yellow and 11 yrs at holland. As far as YRCW micro managing holland I guess we are just paranoid and the fact that all the key people at holland that are leaving are being replaced by roadway and yellow yes men is just by chance. The twisting of numbers to make holland look worse off then they really are is just a myth. The fact that YRCW took a large tax write-off (in the millions )for loss of name recognition of holland ,dugan bestway etc has nothing to do with their bottom line or debt reduction. Just remember when you're done with the Kool-aid , pass it around cause we all could use some of it. At least you can have the satisfaction that you are right and the majority of this holland board are way off base.:1036316054:

Leave ??? I don't think so this time. I'll ride this horse until it falls over then get up and go south to spend that retirement. Plus if I left now I'd miss yellow running holland into the ground and then yellow self destruct from within !! LOL :biglaugh::smilie_132:

Companies may very well cut their losses. That is completely different than what usftrucker is saying. This was not a big plan to shut down USF like you believe. Yellow cannot afford to spend that kind of $$ just to shut USF down. Infact YRC has pulled out of the micro managing of Reddaway, Holland, and New Penn, and are allowing the companies to go back to business as usual. Mistakes were made due to a lack of due diligence, when merging Reddaway and Bestway. Since we have closed the terminals in the Southern states we are back in the black this week!

USF-Indy thanx for the negative rep points! Give some more please I would like to have the highest # of -rep points on the board. :1036316054:
I have to disagree with your "YRC has pulled out of the micro-managing." Everything that changes up here at Holland is blamed on YRC. My TM uses YRC for the excuse for EVERY change.

I have to disagree with your "YRC has pulled out of the micro-managing." Everything that changes up here at Holland is blamed on YRC. My TM uses YRC for the excuse for EVERY change.

Thank you NF, I don't know where they stopped micro-managing as coolio claimed, but it's sure not in POR, SEA, or MED.

yes coolio is full of crap.
since we got out of servicing money losing lanes and finally healing broken bestway equip and putting up with the gd bestway attitude we might actuallly get some profit!
ok so yrc takes 80 k off the top every month and we are in the black? terminal of the year is SLC why?
no bestway INFECTION!!!!!!!!!!
you bw MFS dont realize what we had!!!!!
FU and i need another shot!!!!
keep dropping your trls all over the yards and doing all the lazy crap that makes you what you are i will still do my thing and KAH will sort you all out.peace BTW how do i get negative points???????

FLAP