SEFL | tractor reasignment

Girn

TB Lurker
Credits
today I learned that my tractor that I have been in for the last 2 years will be re assigned to a route that has fewer miles on it . The thinking is this: two of the same module tractors have a huge difference in millage, due to the route they have been deployed on. 1 tractor may have 89000 miles on it and a identical tractor may have 117601. So by switching the tractors routes, with each other they can thou the change close the gap in miles within the 2 tractors there by keeping the affected tractors close in millage and age. I understand this logic, but am troubled by the fact that I keep "my tractor"clean and do not smoke. The possible replacement tractor that I may be slammed with could have a 2\36th inch layer of #3 nicotine on the interior of the tractor, every inch covered in a yellow sticky foul smelling chemical that resists all known solvents that can remove this sinister substance completely So I now loose my smoke free environment and enter a hellish foul tasting and sticky environment laden with smeared covered surfaces of a byproduct that was invented as a lubricant. Is this being done at other terminals or not?

today I learned that my tractor that I have been in for the last 2 years will be re assigned to a route that has fewer miles on it . The thinking is this: two of the same module tractors have a huge difference in millage, due to the route they have been deployed on. 1 tractor may have 89000 miles on it and a identical tractor may have 117601. So by switching the tractors routes, with each other they can thou the change close the gap in miles within the 2 tractors there by keeping the affected tractors close in millage and age. I understand this logic, but am troubled by the fact that I keep "my tractor"clean and do not smoke. The possible replacement tractor that I may be slammed with could have a 2\36th inch layer of #3 nicotine on the interior of the tractor, every inch covered in a yellow sticky foul smelling chemical that resists all known solvents that can remove this sinister substance completely So I now loose my smoke free environment and enter a hellish foul tasting and sticky environment laden with smeared covered surfaces of a byproduct that was invented as a lubricant. Is this being done at other terminals or not?

this must be something going on everywhere, i run wild and i drive a road unit i havent been affected by this yet, but there are others are my terminal who are very upset. Our longest run is 150 -200 mile peddle run, the guy that runs this run at my terminal has a 2000 model city unit truck , yesterday he came to work and they told him that he was driving another truck from now on a 1998 model so they could run up the miles on it. they said it needed to have another 200,000 miles on it before they could get rid of it. To me this doesnt make any sense . Ive been hearing rumors that there are plenty of brand new trucks sitting in Columbia. I'm starting to think that corporate is just sitting in the office just thinking up this stuff. We were also told last week, that our terminal was no longer going to buy pallet jacks for everyone to use. That if you wanted to be guaranteed a pallet jack you had to buy it.

this must be something going on everywhere, i run wild and i drive a road unit i havent been affected by this yet, but there are others are my terminal who are very upset. Our longest run is 150 -200 mile peddle run, the guy that runs this run at my terminal has a 2000 model city unit truck , yesterday he came to work and they told him that he was driving another truck from now on a 1998 model so they could run up the miles on it. they said it needed to have another 200,000 miles on it before they could get rid of it. To me this doesnt make any sense . Ive been hearing rumors that there are plenty of brand new trucks sitting in Columbia. I'm starting to think that corporate is just sitting in the office just thinking up this stuff. We were also told last week, that our terminal was no longer going to buy pallet jacks for everyone to use. That if you wanted to be guaranteed a pallet jack you had to buy it.

Thanks for your input mikejones234. I am on a peddle run and average 140 miles a day. I drive a 2005 mack and it has 149,018 miles on it there are about 8 other same model year macks that have over 100,000 miles on them. And all of them have been switched to other route in an effort to bring them all closer in miliage . The rest of our city tractors are 2005 freight liners. And here in wpb since I was hired 3 years ago we have to buy our pallet jacks at 250.00$ that they deduct 20.00$ a check until its paid off.We were told it was corpate policy back then. HMMMMM.

i will trade you my 97 volvo with 650,000 for it

Holy smokes You guys still have them Our last was A-610 we got rid of that last year it was used as a "rental" when your assigned went on the dead line. My sympathy goes out to driver!!! You truly are a trooper.