Yellow | Tractor-trailer flips on ramp from Poplar Street Bridge to I-55

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
psb_truck_ax.jpg

(KMOV) -- Traffic on the Poplar Street Bridge was backed up Wednesday morning after a tractor-trailer overturned.

It happened around 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday on the ramp to southbound I-55.........

Tractor-trailer flips on ramp from Poplar Street Bridge to I-55 | KMOV.com | St. Louis news, Missouri news & breaking news | KMOV.com | News for St. Louis, Missouri

Video : http://www.kmov.com/video?id=103527509&sec=549502

psb_truck_ax.jpg

(KMOV) -- Traffic on the Poplar Street Bridge was backed up Wednesday morning after a tractor-trailer overturned.

It happened around 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday on the ramp to southbound I-55.........

Tractor-trailer flips on ramp from Poplar Street Bridge to I-55 | KMOV.com | St. Louis news, Missouri news & breaking news | KMOV.com | News for St. Louis, Missouri

Video : KMOV.com | St. Louis Videos, Breaking News | KMOV.com| News for St. Louis, Missouri

That ramp is the worst. You can go around it doing 10 miles an hour and lay one over. That is a interchange that the state of Missouri really needs to change. There is a accident there just about everyday.

Don't worry 1nramember posted a solution to this with their comment to the video.

Comments: Displaying 1 - 1 of 1nramember said on September 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM
How does one turn over a large truck without exceeding the speed limit? This seems to happen a lot around here. Truckers need a 45mph speed limit on local highways and a right lane only rule would certainly help slow them down.

Don't worry 1nramember posted a solution to this with their comment to the video.

Comments: Displaying 1 - 1 of 1nramember said on September 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM
How does one turn over a large truck without exceeding the speed limit? This seems to happen a lot around here. Truckers need a 45mph speed limit on local highways and a right lane only rule would certainly help slow them down.
Whaow, take it easy on the guilty plea there, Judge Wopner. Now lets look at the evidence again, shall we? Now from my point of view, it looks like equipment failure to me. See, look at the skid marks from the right along side of the road. Most likely a busted seal, where it can cause the axle to lock up on one side/right side of the trailer. Causing the freight inside to lean to one side/right side of the trailer, losing balance, and rolling over. Very rarely does it happen with this type of YRC equipment, but most likely this is how this accident happened in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
having an accident while driving with defective equipment is a reckless driving charge.

flippin the box will get you fired also maybe just a warning letter,couple days off and no safety pin if you're a city driver, they show no mercy for road drivers

maybe he blew the exit

Last edited by a moderator:
psb_truck_ax.jpg

Video : KMOV.com | St. Louis Videos, Breaking News | KMOV.com| News for St. Louis, Missouri

Nothing new here. Is that yrc headquarters in the background? Think bill can watch all his trailers flip getting on and off the highway from his office window?

Nothing new here. Is that yrc headquarters in the background? Think bill can watch all his trailers flip getting on and off the highway from his office window?

negative-they are using an old storage trailer for headquarters..no windows

negative-they are using an old storage trailer for headquarters..no windows

Can't you see the penthouse(cargo container)on the roof? Bet thats bills office, armor plated and all with 360 degree cameras and razor wire around the perimeter. Wonder why all the security! Guess they laid off more people too, only looks like 3 beamers in the parking lot.

Can't you see the penthouse(cargo container)on the roof? Bet thats bills office, armor plated and all with 360 degree cameras and razor wire around the perimeter. Wonder why all the security! Guess they laid off more people too, only looks like 3 beamers in the parking lot.

heard he wants to be Obama's chief economic adviser, when Larry Summers leaves the White House. He can really cut cost and the size of the guberment