SEFL | Tractor Under-Utilization sucks

supahtrucka26

TB Lurker
Credits
I was told yesterday that my tractor was under-utilized and they decided to switch it with another non-ac unit right at the beginning of the hottest month of the year ...that really sucks.:Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On:

is this happening anywhere else?

How many hours / miles did you get last week??? My neighbor "works" for AAA Cooper and got 22 hours last week but it was in an AC tractor. I got his number if you want to trade situations. I worked the dock last week and my lift did not have air either, boy was I mad.

im to old and ugly to drive a truck without air. just think all those impalas the company got last year. i guarantee they have air.

How many hours / miles did you get last week??? My neighbor "works" for AAA Cooper and got 22 hours last week but it was in an AC tractor. I got his number if you want to trade situations. I worked the dock last week and my lift did not have air either, boy was I mad.

i don't know how to answer such a statement. how about this. just because the man gives you a crap sandwich you don't have to say thank you . have a little dignity value yourself more than whatever they want to give you.

My dignity is not tied to air conditioning in a tractor.

P.S. I drove in the city for 17 years before my first AC unit so I don't have a lot of sympahty.

maybe you whiners would rather be sitting at home in the a/c instead of working.or how bout being bummed up in the hospital sick as hell.....they have real good a/c in hospitals.those boys in iraq and afghanistan arent real comfortable either.and frankly sirs ,you are no better than they are.

I've gotten used to it, i look at it like a good sweat gets all the toxins out all day, maybe i'll never get sick....as i hear all around about other companies giving pay cuts and etc, i'm just happy to be working still...

You will survive

I drove an old twin screw mack with no a/c or power steering for my first six years at Southeasten. Be thankful for what you have it could be worse.

I think all of our units have A/C ...and if one goes down they're prompt on getting it repaired. The big thing was getting rid of those underpowered C uints. I can't complain one bit.

I think all of our units have A/C ...and if one goes down they're prompt on getting it repaired. The big thing was getting rid of those underpowered C uints. I can't complain one bit.

I gotta say dawg biscuit...it is the same at my barn too...they are pretty good about maintaining the trucks. I just hope we get some newER trucks in. Most of our city guys have newER trucks,but I drive a linehaul truck because there are not enough city trucks to go around,which is fine with me,I like the a/c and it has cruise! :-) I think we will see better overall improvements in vehicles and maybe even more a/c's when the economy picks back up. More than likely being thrifty right now...of course I am speculating ,only been with this company here for 3 months..so. I drove for another LTL for 9 years though,so I am not a newbie to the freight industry.