SAIA | Traffic Police

linehauler1212

TB Lurker
Credits
if I have gotten no tickets zero points on my license why is management reckoning me to there office about speeding on back roads in the middle of nowhere when did saia become traffic cops

There doesn't have to be a call from the public. Where you driving a camera truck? Did the camera go off and start downloading? If I remember correctly, when I got "coached," for following too close, in Houston East Freeway rush hour traffic, The speed and distance information was displayed, on the video.

The camera might have burned you and probably did. You set the camera off, somebody watches for an extended time, and you are burned.

So, to be clear, you were or were not speeding? Because if you were - why? Sounds like you are most upset that you got caught for doing something that isn’t necessary. Give it some thought

Reminiscent of RAT.
White,
It appears you seem to think I was let go from SAIA.... I was informed of the post you made about me in the FedEx forum. I retired at 63 because of the camera nonsense and you should know that if you keep up on here. I have many friends in Dallas that know who I am so if you would like to verify that fact I can put you in touch with the right people. There’s no need to spin ::shit:: about me. I could have stayed as long as I wanted to because I knew how to manipulate the cameras but honestly I was just ready to go. After 45 years in LTL I’d paid my dues and just wanted out. It’s nice to see SAIA has been relaxing the enforcement some. Most my former coworkers don’t need a babysitter but unfortunately some do. I guess that’s why SAIA chose to go with DriveCam. Honestly, overall SAIA treated me well and I wish now that I would have just walked away without the need to bash them. But what is done is done. I’m happier than ever here in retirement. I planned my retirement investments well and have my health. You can’t ask for more than that. I just became disenchanted in the end and that’s about it. I once defended this company to the bitter end just like you and a few others. I just wanted to clear the air with a few guys and they know who they are. I did and it’s over. We’ve made peace and everyone has moved on. (except Renee but then she’s gone now) From my days of my anti-union rhetoric at Overnite to my days of that “infamous stop sign” in Garland Texas at SAIA. I always “wear their scorn with pride.” It’s just my thing. So keep on bringing it brother. It’s all good when everyday is Friday. Hang on, and you too can enjoy the good life in retirement someday.:1036316054::clap:

Last edited:
if I have gotten no tickets zero points on my license why is management reckoning me to there office about speeding on back roads in the middle of nowhere when did saia become traffic cops

WgEiIMs.jpg

You used to be a driver, did you speed, when you thought it was a no harm no foul situation?
I did. But I was certainly prepared to accept responsibility for it when I knew there was the possibility that I would hear about it. That’s a risk you take

Note ! The camera triggers at 15mph over the posted speed. If you are in a 35 mph zone on a back road and you are doing 51 you will get caught

Note ! The camera triggers at 15mph over the posted speed. If you are in a 35 mph zone on a back road and you are doing 51 you will get caught

Obviously I'm new to this.... How does the camera know what the posted speed is if it "just records during an incident" ?