Estes | Trailer checker doodad in Charlotte

It checks the tires for flat spots, uneven wear and if they're at the correct tire pressure. Green means you're all good and I think red means you're supposed to go to the shop. Never been to Charlotte so I don't know if you actually have too or not. Everyone in Joliet drops em on the inbound pad. It will also send you a message on peoplenet if your tractor has bad tires.

From what I understand everything is supposed to go through the check lane regardless of what the lights say but yeah it’s supposed to check tires as you go in. Guy in the check lane has a computer with your picture on it and what pressures the tires were all at, pretty neat system. That’s a good hit from home driver !

From what I understand everything is supposed to go through the check lane regardless of what the lights say but yeah it’s supposed to check tires as you go in. Guy in the check lane has a computer with your picture on it and what pressures the tires were all at, pretty neat system. That’s a good hit from home driver !
I’m not really sure why I took this run but yeah it’s a hell of a drive out here. Too late for regrets now though.

Does anyone know if there are any more of these tire checkers in the system? Recently I had to get a new mudflap because some creative person put it on with zip ties. I ended up getting four new trailer tires because there was a note in the computer that they had bald spots. Of course I didn't notice those during my pretrip. The mechanic said that they must have been scanned somewhere in the system. Tire scanner seems like a great idea since no one has time to do a proper post trip these days. BTW I'm in SoCal.

Does anyone know if there are any more of these tire checkers in the system? Recently I had to get a new mudflap because some creative person put it on with zip ties. I ended up getting four new trailer tires because there was a note in the computer that they had bald spots. Of course I didn't notice those during my pretrip. The mechanic said that they must have been scanned somewhere in the system. Tire scanner seems like a great idea since no one has time to do a proper post trip these days. BTW I'm in SoCal.
I believe Dallas 089 has one

Joliet 096 has it too

Just like any old trucking outfit.

No one checks ::shit::. And when you do check something and take it to the shop boss snoozing on the table top ball game in the shop with no work being done... you get kicked out.

When you go to Safety about a tractor or trailer thats really should be OOS and not driven until fixed per regs you are labeled a trouble maker or a cost liability to the company of some sort. Eventually you are eliminated. And that will be that.

Thats one of the reasons I quit trucking pernamently. No one fixes ::shit:: and if they did they dont give a *******.

Today's computers have evolved into something truly horrifying. IF they know so and so's tires are low or flat before any human is notified then there is nothing for us humans to check anymore.

Isnt that wonderful? Not having to check ::shit:: anymore.

Half the drivers never go to the shop. Its really a waste of time. They walk around and actually never check anything. Charlotte is a crappy terminal
Yeah the yard is torn all to pieces, looks like a big patchwork quilt full of pot holes and pavement bandaids, trash everywhere, but they have a device to check tire pressure as you drive over it.

Just like any old trucking outfit.

No one checks ****. And when you do check something and take it to the shop boss snoozing on the table top ball game in the shop with no work being done... you get kicked out.

When you go to Safety about a tractor or trailer thats really should be OOS and not driven until fixed per regs you are labeled a trouble maker or a cost liability to the company of some sort. Eventually you are eliminated. And that will be that.

Thats one of the reasons I quit trucking pernamently. No one fixes **** and if they did they dont give a *******.

Today's computers have evolved into something truly horrifying. IF they know so and so's tires are low or flat before any human is notified then there is nothing for us humans to check anymore.

Isnt that wonderful? Not having to check **** anymore.
The famous question..

“Where ya headed?”

As if certain roads are for out of service equip. And the rest is for the working properly equip.

Its all about safety. Like they are sending out messages for how to be safe in extreme heat so as not to have a heat stroke but if you idle your tractor for the airconditioner you put on the naughty board for not helping to save fuel for over idling. The bitch about stuff like this yet they will pay yard hostlers to sit around on playing on their phones and get the drivers to hook everything for 8.50 while the yard hostlers are making 23-25 an hour to do it. Thats a lot of money to pay all the drivers that do it because the hostlers wont. Even at that they drivers are not even making half of what the hostlers get to do it. Several issues could be worked on at this company but i dont see it happening. But no worries mate they will give you another chapstick and plastic cup for being a good employee.