XPO | Trailer Maintenance?

Good Lord!!! Will someone PLEASE come out of the office , quit looking at numbers on computer screens , and PLEASE !!! PLEASE!!! Talk to someone that does the work!!! Look and see what's going on BEFORE you come up with these stupid solutions that help no one.
Good luck with that. I have an open invitation to anyone in upper management all they way to BJ to spend one week with me on LH. As of this time I have no takers

You can’t worry about anything anymore. Don’t sweat it. The last day I ran before Christmas, the magic box diverted a bunch of freight for some unknown reason. I had a 1/2 trailer of space left. Fos said he was told not to move diverted freight, follow the plan. Shrugged my shoulders, and shut it down. Stop thinking about it, and just do what they want. It’s not going to change, and it’s not worth worrying about.
I have yet to leave behind any freight due to how full the trailer is. I also did a breaker Monday night with four skids in it. Only four feet of freight. Cube less then 10%. I know what you say is happening, I’m just not seeing it.

You can't have people that don't know how to load freight themselves teaching others how to load freight. We didn't have near as many problems when the drivers were loading the freight. There was a different amount of respect for the freight when the driver was loading something he was likely pulling down the road. The new hires were trained by the seasoned guys. That's how it worked and it worked well. It wasn't perfect, nothing ever is, but this company needs to invest in the knowledge that the seasoned guys have and pass that onto other drivers and the dockworkers if they have any hope of making a 'net zero' plan even get off the ground.

You can't have people that don't know how to load freight themselves teaching others how to load freight. We didn't have near as many problems when the drivers were loading the freight. There was a different amount of respect for the freight when the driver was loading something he was likely pulling down the road. The new hires were trained by the seasoned guys. That's how it worked and it worked well. It wasn't perfect, nothing ever is, but this company needs to invest in the knowledge that the seasoned guys have and pass that onto other drivers and the dockworkers if they have any hope of making a 'net zero' plan even get off the ground.
It also load planning too. I load our freight at the FAC and some idiot sitting in a warm office wants us to progressive load, as the freight comes down, and still maintain cube and load weight he sets. Last week I was told that I have to average 91 cube and just over 21,000 per trailer. Well sorry not every piece of freight is a nice 48x42x48 square. At the end of the night we left a 70cube 15,000lbs trailer behind. This is now becoming the normal at the one FAC i run. It's went from getting another trailer to now what can we leave behind.

All the senior drivers are leaving, retiring or long gone. To late for old school.

It also load planning too. I load our freight at the FAC and some idiot sitting in a warm office wants us to progressive load, as the freight comes down, and still maintain cube and load weight he sets. Last week I was told that I have to average 91 cube and just over 21,000 per trailer. Well sorry not every piece of freight is a nice 48x42x48 square. At the end of the night we left a 70cube 15,000lbs trailer behind. This is now becoming the normal at the one FAC i run. It's went from getting another trailer to now what can we leave behind.

We chased our tails with Con-way about this. And they let us load them out. XPO don't want to hear it. So the freight sits.

We chased our tails with Con-way about this. And they let us load them out. XPO don't want to hear it. So the freight sits.
And the customer looks up the pro number and gets pissed - Why is my freight sitting in ( insert town name here )?

And if you are talking to an angry customer , that asks you why is my freight sitting , what do you say?

How does a salesperson show up and ask for this company's business?

All the senior drivers are leaving, retiring or long gone. To late for old school.
I think I have knowledge and some skill to pass on to new drivers, but I am tired of most newbie’s attitude’s as well as lack of management’s willingness to give a little something to the trainers. I’m done training, heck, I try hard not to talk to anyone at the fac’s. Works out better for everyone that way.

I think I have knowledge and some skill to pass on to new drivers, but I am tired of most newbie’s attitude’s as well as lack of management’s willingness to give a little something to the trainers. I’m done training, heck, I try hard not to talk to anyone at the fac’s. Works out better for everyone that way.
I refuse to train. Every company I every worked at has given a driver trainer more pay while he was training. My experience and knowledge is worth something. I'm also not training and sitting in that passenger bitch seat for hours.
What these retards don't get is when you train on LH it makes you night longer and our time is worth something extra.

I refuse to train. Every company I every worked at has given a driver trainer more pay while he was training. My experience and knowledge is worth something. I'm also not training and sitting in that passenger bitch seat for hours.
What these retards don't get is when you train on LH it makes you night longer and our time is worth something extra.
Several drivers at my place say the same thing. Now new drivers are trained by inexperienced (less then two years) drivers. I have said it’s not my job as trainer to train you to drive, but to train you on policy and procedures, getting to and from places. I also rarely let trainees drive. Who knows if they are tired and their ability levels. With the lack of quality that comes through the doors, many don’t speak good English and can barely shift a 10 speed.

Several drivers at my place say the same thing. Now new drivers are trained by inexperienced (less then two years) drivers. I have said it’s not my job as trainer to train you to drive, but to train you on policy and procedures, getting to and from places. I also rarely let trainees drive. Who knows if they are tired and their ability levels. With the lack of quality that comes through the doors, many don’t speak good English and can barely shift a 10 speed.
We had a new newbie that couldn't drive a stick and they still hired him, they put him in a automatic every day:tr10driving03:

We had a new newbie that couldn't drive a stick and they still hired him, they put him in a automatic every day:tr10driving03:

The UPS package near me. The one trainer has test drove over 800 this year. Less than 100 have passed. Most fail immediately because they can't drive a standard. Then the rest usually fail when asked to back the trailer into a parking spot. If they get past those two. They are 90% to get the job.

My tractor wouldn't start I xlf on Monday nite no tow hooks available to separate truck from my set had to wait two and half hours for a tow truck to show up to pull my tractor 25 feet out from under my set 500 dollars instead of having a hundred dollar tow hook around. Xlf wanted me to hook a strap under the truck and let hostler pull me out but said no because it would RIP front bumper off I would have been charged with an accident shouldn't every terminal have one of these tow hooks available I looked under every hood of every truck there they used to be mounted on the frames of of the I guess it cost to much for that option

My tractor wouldn't start I xlf on Monday nite no tow hooks available to separate truck from my set had to wait two and half hours for a tow truck to show up to pull my tractor 25 feet out from under my set 500 dollars instead of having a hundred dollar tow hook around. Xlf wanted me to hook a strap under the truck and let hostler pull me out but said no because it would RIP front bumper off I would have been charged with an accident shouldn't every terminal have one of these tow hooks available I looked under every hood of every truck there they used to be mounted on the frames of of the I guess it cost to much for that option
The kind of BS you get when a “ Wall Street stock player” buys a trucking company. I remember when he first bought the company guys saying just give em a chance to learn the business. Problem is the only part he wants to learn is how to manipulate the stock price

We’re not allowed. Tried to order two for this exact reason. **** it. Let them pay for a wrecker, sit on the clock waiting. There’s always movies to watch on my phone.

Are you a mechanic? That what the company will say. I read a post about a forklift driving off the dock. In this case one forklift would not start, dead battery. So the got jumper cables pulled up a running lift next to it. They then went to open the engine cover, on the lift that was running, hit the shift lever and the lift took off. I guess they forgot to set the parking brake. In the end of the post one of the causes of the accident that was listed was, That they were not mechanics and should have not attempted to jump start the dead lift.
Just sit there and get paid...