FedEx Freight | Trailer weight

There’s no, “max weight” a trailer CAN haul. It only comes down to Axle weight of less than 20k as I’m sure you know…

Hypothetically, you could have a trailer that claims to be a million pounds that would scale fine. The only way to know is to weigh it yourself.

I’ve had trailers that claim to be 15k or so that are way overweight on the drive tires. The best way is weigh. CAT scale, another center, etc…

Also, overweight tickets don’t count against your CSA score, only the company gets dinged.
Well that's partially true, if it at a terminal with no scale then u won't get dinged ,but if u pull out of a terminal with a scale n get caught that is on u n u will have to pay the ticket bcuz u knew u pulled n illegal trailer

I would not pull it. They had put up to dock and swing some off the lead and put on my rear box. Supervisor was all upset bout it and was upset bout missing there gate time. Jus wondering what actually legal limit these pup trailers can haul. See if I get talked to or not bout it by the OM
Just curious? Did you weigh it at the terminal? Or no scale available?

There’s no, “max weight” a trailer CAN haul. It only comes down to Axle weight of less than 20k as I’m sure you know…

Hypothetically, you could have a trailer that claims to be a million pounds that would scale fine. The only way to know is to weigh it yourself.

I’ve had trailers that claim to be 15k or so that are way overweight on the drive tires. The best way is weigh. CAT scale, another center, etc…

Also, overweight tickets don’t count against your CSA score, only the company gets dinged.
Read the manufactures name plate on the trailer. Usually on the nose, and look at the GVWR on it. It will tell you the maximum weight allowed, trailer and load.

Seems like the steer on a single is never over usually a grand under need a better design , I been over on the steer in a tandem , I usually run an LT single (sorry I made you puke )

Hello drivers. What is the absolute maximum legal weight allowed for a pup trailer? Was dispatched with a 27229 weight trailer and given I have 3 scales to go three I said NO. Had 16 bills on it. Rear trailer only 7234
Remember In the ltl business The weight on the bills is almost always wrong The only to be sure if you are legal is a certified scale Max weight on a pup to be pulled with a single axle is approx 27000 If you are in doubt don't do it At my former co never had a problem if I thought it was questionable go to nearest CAT scale weigh it if legal go on if not go back never had a problem being reimbersed

Maximum allowable gross weight is stamped on the manufactures serial number plate.

Remember In the ltl business The weight on the bills is almost always wrong The only to be sure if you are legal is a certified scale Max weight on a pup to be pulled with a single axle is approx 27000 If you are in doubt don't do it At my former co never had a problem if I thought it was questionable go to nearest CAT scale weigh it if legal go on if not go back never had a problem being reimbersed
Scale fee paid ,drivers time not so much

I think there’s “offsite scaling” tab on the handheld that you can get select to receive task pay?
There is. I haven't had to do it, so don't know what it pays. I'd guess 15 or 30 minutes at your hourly. If I scaled off-site and had to go back to drop or reload, better believe I'm hitting that delay tab when I roll through that gate, too.

Wouldn’t that allow for twin screw? Think our Hyundais only have axle weight on tag. Could be wrong. I’m a scale EVERYTHING guy. Had a “12,000” that was 20,800 on drive. 6k bill not scanned to trailer. Smfh.
I’m hitting the delay tab as soon as I leave the scale to head back to my center, or I want the miles back to my center.