FedEx Freight | Trailer weight

Remember In the ltl business The weight on the bills is almost always wrong The only to be sure if you are legal is a certified scale Max weight on a pup to be pulled with a single axle is approx 27000 If you are in doubt don't do it At my former co never had a problem if I thought it was questionable go to nearest CAT scale weigh it if legal go on if not go back never had a problem being reimbersed
This is the perfect example of the importance of reweighs. It will correct the weight in the system when it's billed.

20220210_104605.md.jpg

On today's episode of "Morons on Forklifts" we have 14000 lbs of liquid totes unsecured all in the front of the trailer. Naturally the back of the trailer had 10 feet of empty space so there was plenty of room for several of us to gather and marvel at the sheer stupidity.

This happens daily.

20220210_104605.md.jpg

On today's episode of "Morons on Forklifts" we have 14000 lbs of liquid totes unsecured all in the front of the trailer. Naturally the back of the trailer had 10 feet of empty space so there was plenty of room for several of us to gather and marvel at the sheer stupidity.

This happens daily.
How'd it scale on the drive axle?

If that s a van: count 10 space between straps bars.
And whatever freight you put there, it can not go over 12000 Lbs.
Otherwise that ll put you overweight on the drive axle.

How i know, trooper stopped me once, had some concrete sitting a little too forward. and was over by 200 lbs.

In a pup, it doesnt really matter. unless you have 5k in the nose and unhook ... then you might have a surprise...
If the forklift try to do that, well , he will have a little ride.

20220210_104605.md.jpg

This happens daily.
"But they put that one by itself in the middle in the nose, so it'll be ok!"

(As overheard from a purple shirt.)

20220211_115112_04.md.jpg
Here it is corrected. Two totes on the tail since they have no dock and then the fun of getting them turned around in cramped space. Fun fact, 38k of weight is over gross on a single axle and a 53.
Why bother if it's obviously over weight?

Any of you ever say, hey it scales with my tractor but there’s no way in hell it will scale for my meet driver? His tractor was 900lbs heavier on the drive axle than mine. Or do y’all just say that’s their problem, I’m making my gate.

Any of you ever say, hey it scales with my tractor but there’s no way in hell it will scale for my meet driver? His tractor was 900lbs heavier on the drive axle than mine. Or do y’all just say that’s their problem, I’m making my gate.
Wasn't my fault they were dumb enough to send my meet driver in a single-screw sleeper Volvo to pick up loads I brought in my twin-screw sleeper Freightliner. I got to go!