ODFL | Training new hires..

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
There's nothing I love more than walking into the office in the morning and being told I'm taking out a new hire. If a little more money was given for the days I'm stuck with a new hire, I'd be more excited. Though the guy I have now is slow, stinks up the whole cab for 10 hours due to not bathing and has difficulty getting in and out of a trailer easily. Does L/H recieve anything for dealing with new hires? Hopefully someday we'll be compensated. Personally, I like being out on my own. Things like this only slow me down.

Let me check

Let me check in to it old buddy,I may be wrong but I believe EVERY trainer gets extra pay.I'll be back in touch.

I know trainers in MRT get extra pay. They were paying just a couple of cents per mi. to linehaul and couldn't get trainers. I know they raised the rate a year or so ago. City gets extra hourly pay for their training.

if i have heard right,i think it is an extra 10 hours pay for the week or 2 weeks while being trainer.I do not know this for a fact.

This I can,t say . I know that in 95 when I started as a trainer it was 2 cent extra a mile.
Then it was changed to this a while back.
GBO runs a lot of classes almost as much as MTR sometimes

Line Haul kind of gets the short end. If your trip usually takes 10 hours than when you have a trainee it takes the additional time. sometimes 1 or 2 hours. To get his log book caught up, Teaching him how to shift, going through all the procedures and the many other things that just soak up 5 or ten minutes here and there. Where as the city driver is on the clock all the time and gets 2 hours on top.
It can be frustrating sometimes the trainee forgets many things you went through the day before or tries to do it the way someone else suggested. Slamming it right into gear instead of double clutching. They are often impatient wanting to know all the shifting techniques not understanding that the trainer has to teach them from the bottom up. Many do not know the correct way to turn approach intersections making a wide turn is interpreted as going straight out, turning the cab directly to the right, finish the turn.Many trainees seem to think it should be a breeze and do not want to learn. Sooner or later they usually Have to listen to the trainer when they finally realize what they are doing is not working. Sometimes a trainer might hae to have them STOP NOW and take over.

GBO
local..extra 2 hrs regular pay per day
LH 2 cents per mile
so like GBO to JAX its less than 10 bucks for the trip or 40.40 buckers for local.

Thanks to Truckingboards

There's nothing I love more than walking into the office in the morning and being told I'm taking out a new hire. If a little more money was given for the days I'm stuck with a new hire, I'd be more excited. Though the guy I have now is slow, stinks up the whole cab for 10 hours due to not bathing and has difficulty getting in and out of a trailer easily. Does L/H recieve anything for dealing with new hires? Hopefully someday we'll be compensated. Personally, I like being out on my own. Things like this only slow me down.

Thanks to Truckingboards another freight person has stepped from the dark into the light,now you know what's happening at other terminals BillyLo.Tell your trainee to wash his ***and get his ****together or get out.Just make sure he's not related to a big wheel before you do it.