XPO | transfers

BlueColoredTrucks

TB Regular
Credits
i hear from other drivers that you can transfer 6 months accident free, some say 1 year...

is it just accidents or letters too? or does it depend on how badly the place needs drivers?

looking to transfer from souther california, to phoenix

anyone from there know what i'd be doing at the bottom of the extra board?

i hear from other drivers that you can transfer 6 months accident free, some say 1 year...

is it just accidents or letters too? or does it depend on how badly the place needs drivers?

Last I heard it was an "emplyee in good standing with 1 year of service".... that could mean anything ... you may want to check with your scm or personal supervisor .. I dont want to give you wrong info.

lol i know what you mean, con-way can play with the words anyway they want

i have as much starcards as i have letters....

they love to waste paper
how about just not giving me neither

lol i know what you mean, con-way can play with the words anyway they want

i have as much starcards as i have letters....

they love to waste paper
how about just not giving me neither

I THINK in good standing is no accidents for a year. But I know what you mean wasting paper ... why do you think there is one ply in the crappers... they have to make it up some where ...

We had some guys trying to transfer to Ft. Worth this year and couldn't because they had to not have anything on their record for six months.(Loi's, accident, etc.)

If I remember correctly you:

• Need to be a Regular employee for at least 12 months at your current place of Con-way employment.
  • Must be in Good Standing within the previous 6 months.

Good Standing within the Previous 6 months means NO:
  • Preventable Accidents/Injuries
  • Attendance Issues
  • Disciplinary Issues

If you don't meet the criteria reapply again when your "Good Standing" issues clears up.

If I remember correctly you:

• Need to be a Regular employee for at least 12 months at your current place of Con-way employment.
  • Must be in Good Standing within the previous 6 months.

Good Standing within the Previous 6 months means NO:
  • Preventable Accidents/Injuries
  • Attendance Issues
  • Disciplinary Issues

If you don't meet the criteria reapply again when your "Good Standing" issues clears up.

Dw is correct. You have to be here a total if 15 months. I did it, and I had to wait 2 months so I was regular for 12 months. You keep pay, vacation, and company time in the event of a layoff. You lose job/vacation selection.

When I did it They were beginning to hire a lot of people so there was an opening. That is stated in the policy, that there must be an available opening. I lucked out in that I had 7 or 8 people under me in a few weeks.

As far as the official paperwork goes it could not have been easier. Sign and date, and your reason for requesting the transfer. Mine was a one word answer. Relocating. If any one has specific questions, pm me and I'll do the best I can to answer them.

Everything else everyone said i believe is correct...but the discipline free is 12 months...i know that as they told me that when i wanted to try and transfer late last year out of the former CCX into the former CWX...also got told (by the big John L himself)...they havent gotten to the personnel stuff yet so no transfers between the components which dont exist anymore...:duh:

This is also a great opportunity to see the Policy on it.
Request to view the Transfer Policy from your TM.

Everything else everyone said i believe is correct...but the discipline free is 12 months...i know that as they told me that when i wanted to try and transfer late last year out of the former CCX into the former CWX...also got told (by the big John L himself)...they havent gotten to the personnel stuff yet so no transfers between the components which dont exist anymore...:duh:

Did you view the policy on it?
Hopefully the person who told you that was spot on.

My info was regarding Central as that is where I came from.
They might have changed the policy on it.

Other components might have had a longer time span for the discipline.

I emailed John La (rymes with free) in November i think it was and asked why if we were one company how come we couldnt transfer between the former components...is response was as we are still new to the one company thing..they havent gotten to the pesonnel rules yet of which covers transfers...he then commented on the NFL playoffs (so that was when the emails took place) and the NE Patriots and that was the end of that....the discipline thing was from my TM and that was after he assured me he checked with XGO about it...and he never lies...he is a conway manager by golly...

Also...that was my position transfer from central to western...