Dayton | Transportation job

Bronzefire

TB Lurker
Credits
So I got a call back from Dayton for Transportation job. Was told to take a Hogan assessment test. After they will schedule an interview. Is this part of the hiring process?

Ahh, the Hogan Test. I had an epic grievance battle on behalf of a driver, we proved there are no wrong answers to the test. It is a tool management uses to always have an excuse not to hire someone. Some of the questions were bat-crap insane. IMHO of course...

Ahh, the Hogan Test. I had an epic grievance battle on behalf of a driver, we proved there are no wrong answers to the test. It is a tool management uses to always have an excuse not to hire someone. Some of the questions were bat-crap insane. IMHO of course...

There are no wrong answers because it's not an aptitude test. The real test is how long it takes you to realize that it's a series of several questions worded in different ways. The test is supposed to make you think. It tests intelligence, problem solving and how a person deals with stress. I did not know that it was being used to hire drivers. In my time, companies only used the test when hiring management.

There are no wrong answers because it's not an aptitude test. The real test is how long it takes you to realize that it's a series of several questions worded in different ways. The test is supposed to make you think. It tests intelligence, problem solving and how a person deals with stress. I did not know that it was being used to hire drivers. In my time, companies only used the test when hiring management.
Now we know how you got the chairman job for your HOA.

Ryder had a similar test for line drivers in the early 60s
Only 2 questions, Do you know how to GIT to Hazlehurst Ga and can you work every Sat and Sun?

Had interview with manager typical questions about previous work history and laid out the job details. Did not get a sense of getting job but said they needed to replace some linehaul guys that transferred.not sure how the hiring goes. They had a street sign saying they hiring drivers He told me to look out for an email. But told me the Ole he had other interviews. Not sure I will get an offer. What is the timeline for possible job offer. or rejection.

Had interview with manager typical questions about previous work history and laid out the job details. Did not get a sense of getting job but said they needed to replace some linehaul guys that transferred.not sure how the hiring goes. They had a street sign saying they hiring drivers He told me to look out for an email. But told me the Ole he had other interviews. Not sure I will get an offer. What is the timeline for possible job offer. or rejection.

What I walked away with after my interview was a positive. I interviewed with a regional manager who asked alot of odd questions that In my opinion was irrelevant. But none the less is part of what they do.
Needless to say I walked away from that with the feeling there was no chance of getting hired on. I must mention as well that the dirty looks that was given as someone walked from the dock to the dispatch office.
They are looking for the best of the Best and so is everyone else.
There is a bunch of applicants in the system as they say. Just consider yourself as someone who wasted your time to be purged of the application and interview process.
They speak of respect however their actions and avoidance of communications speak of something different.
I do hope they and every other LTL carrier finds the best of the Best for which they seek.

Last edited:
TuckerDoe , hang around and surf the board too see if there are other leads that are on here .
Any member that may help this hand I'd ask you PM TuckerD and pass a lead on .

Thank you all to our great TB members .
SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN