FedEx Freight | Treatment of employees...

It is sad to realize that this comp. has hit this low road. No wonder so many have the attitude of just getting by. A little trust goes a long way. Both ways! This us vs. them isnt getting anyone anywhere. So far our new SCM. has shown that he believes in us, and is getting the we believe in you right back. It will never be like it was pre 2000, but Mgt. has the capabilities to make it better. Gotta go make donuts while sun is shining, truck safe out there!! :banana:

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=80249.msg830784#msg830784 date=1274147442]
We definitely hit on a few things there .
[/quote]
A few? Sounds like we were the basis of the article.

that article couldnt be any closer to the truth!!! should forward to all supervisors. that is such a great read.

[quote author=hairbear link=topic=80249.msg830897#msg830897 date=1274198147]
[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=80249.msg830784#msg830784 date=1274147442]
We definitely hit on a few things there .
[/quote]
A few? Sounds like we were the basis of the article.
[/quote]

Dito. Good read. But is anyone listening?

Very good read!! But I bet management does care because at the moment they feel that we can all replaced without a problem. And as long as we as employees take this kind of treatment this is what we are going to get. God Bless America and the working man

[quote author=worthless link=topic=80249.msg831055#msg831055 date=1274234056]
That really does need to be send to all SCM. But they wouldn't see themselves in it.
[/quote]

Even if they did you think something is going to change , nothing is going to change for the better anymore. I'm sorry to be so negative but I hate even going to work anymore...

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=80249.msg831125#msg831125 date=1274266730]
That really does need to be send to all SCM. But they wouldn't see themselves in it.
[/quote]

Even if they did you think something is going to change , nothing is going to change for the better anymore. I'm sorry to be so negative but I hate even going to work anymore...
[/quote]

Im with you Smoke
It used to be a good job, you actually looked forward to going to work. Now it's just a good paycheck.

And the survey says? Even with that company slanted survey we have to fill out every year, the company didn't see the results they were looking for last time. I sure management is well aware of the morale problem, but they are so busy trying to cover their own butts, and putting pressure on the underlings they really haven't had the time to worry about it. Personally I would like to see all the wiz kids get the door, then maybe they will hire someone who understands how to run a trucking company. but I doubt it. TP

Seriously people. Everyone here who feels this is a good article should print it and send it to Harrison. Send it to every person with a title. I'd like to see what would happen if they suddenly received hundreds of copies of this article. Get your friends at work who don't visit here to send it.

I'm going to send it. Should be easy enough to get upper management names and departments.

While things are in turmoil in the management level, I think it would be a great idea to let them know what we think of how they treat us as employees and use the current job market to their advantage to scare us into docility.

What do you think?

Even though I have the rep of being a glass half empty guy, I'm really not and always has hope that they will see just how stupidly they have chosen to react with their employees.

[quote author=rodedawg link=topic=80249.msg831147#msg831147 date=1274278330]
[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=80249.msg831125#msg831125 date=1274266730]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Im with you Smoke
It used to be a good job, you actually looked forward to going to work. Now it's just a good paycheck.
[/quote] Its just a paycheck, throw in the 13 dollars they put in my 401k, and the 30 dollars they put in the portable pension per week and its a pay check you can get anywhere. Thats all it is anymore. Its just a paycheck.

Well said. Don't let anything rattle you at work :rant: , consider the crazy decisions as entertainment :biglaugh:, stay away from the purple kool aid :stir:
Drive truck, collect check :shift: