XPO | TROUBLE!

When they refer URI in the article that’s United Rental Inc. that’s the company Jacobs got into problems with sketchy business practices before with the SEC.

When they refer URI in the article that’s United Rental Inc. that’s the company Jacobs got into problems with sketchy business practices before with the SEC.
Yes. I’m not trying to provide cover for these corporate guys by saying this but because they missed projections and just filed with sec that they would continue missing projections along with the bad press about labor the stock had already taken a massive hit so this really could be someone with a giant axe to grind but it also could be true. If it is I think it would just accelerate the timeline of him selling it off. I know a lot of institutional investors are pissed because they’ve been riding the wave on this stock and have lost a ton

Yes. I’m not trying to provide cover for these corporate guys by saying this but because they missed projections and just filed with sec that they would continue missing projections along with the bad press about labor the stock had already taken a massive hit so this really could be someone with a giant axe to grind but it also could be true. If it is I think it would just accelerate the timeline of him selling it off. I know a lot of institutional investors are pissed because they’ve been riding the wave on this stock and have lost a ton
Could be , we will find out soon.

If it’s someone with an axe to grind they would be opening themselves up to a lot of legal problems if the allegations are unsubstantiated.

This is a link to the full analysis done by Spruce Point on Xpo. Some interesting stuff. Worth looking at.

https://www.sprucepointcap.com/reports/xpo_research_thesis_12-13-2018.pdf

Deutsche Bank said that it had found "highly misleading statements and inaccuracies related to basic calculations" in the Spruce Point report, including double-counting some debt, excluding items from free cash flow that are typical of the industry, and, in one equation, incorrectly showed a decline in profit instead of a gain.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing...k-in-rebuttal-to-short-seller-report-14811324

Deutsche Bank said that it had found "highly misleading statements and inaccuracies related to basic calculations" in the Spruce Point report, including double-counting some debt, excluding items from free cash flow that are typical of the industry, and, in one equation, incorrectly showed a decline in profit instead of a gain.

https://www.thestreet.com/investing...k-in-rebuttal-to-short-seller-report-14811324
Yeah, Deutschland bank has a lot riding on Xpo success so I wouldn’t take their word as totally unbiased . That being said lets hope their right about this. A lot of it has to do with optics at this point to get investor confidence back up.

Yeah, Deutschland bank has a lot riding on Xpo success so I wouldn’t take their word as totally unbiased . That being said lets hope their right about this. A lot of it has to do with optics at this point to get investor confidence back up.

Pretty standard after something like this to do some conflicting articles and attempt some amount of damage control. There are literally billions of dollars in play. It's a wise investment.

Con-way done the same thing, on the books they budgeted equipment purchases in the Physical year it's bought, then the Service Centers make payments out of their budget
Every month for Seven years. On top of all that, the corporation takes depreciation tax wise on the equipment. That's why Service Centers liked to keep old equipment, they didn't have any payments out of I&E.