XPO | TROUBLE!

Not in my area maybe $22 top pay with no OT lousy PTO accural rate and benefits the same or worest then here. When I came here I took a pay cut at first but in the long run I am making more money and have more home time.
In my area LTL are the top payers union and non-union
Unless you can get in with a smaller place. Some of them pay and have good benefits. Rare, yes. But they are out there, especially if your spouse has a job with health insurance.

Unless you can get in with a smaller place. Some of them pay and have good benefits. Rare, yes. But they are out there, especially if your spouse has a job with health insurance.
Yes there is. It just smaller and family run companies can be scary. we had a guy leave with over 20yrs and said it did feel like family here any more among other things. went and work for a family run company and within 4 month they closed the doors. Now I not saying it can't happen here, CF prime example. The risk is high at small and family run companies in the trucking industry just look at what happened when the Elogs became law. Hell my first company I drove doesn't even exist any more and they were a large company

If this article is correct, it reads that XPO is carrying $4.7 B in debt. I thought YRCW was in bad shape and they owe $1.38 B in debt. I don't know how you dig out from under that load.
You and I don't have to know how to dig out from under $4.7B in debt. You and I just need to keep our own noses clean and don't buy individual stocks. Stay out of debt too.

You and I don't have to know how to dig out from under $4.7B in debt. You and I just need to keep our own noses clean and don't buy individual stocks. Stay out of debt too.
I have done the first, don't do the second and have done the third for over 10 years. My point was, that it's an incredible debt load for a transportation company to deal with.

If this article is correct, it reads that XPO is carrying $4.7 B in debt. I thought YRCW was in bad shape and they owe $1.38 B in debt. I don't know how you dig out from under that load.

This guy Jacobs is a debt dealer. He uses and reuses ( they call it recycling ) the debt load to grow the company. He is big buddies with Jeff Bezos who runs Amazon and uses the same business model. Obviously, Amazon has a great deal of scale and diversity to handle when something goes wrong or people stop buying this or that, to go in another direction. The only thing XPO does is move stuff. And not any better or any cheaper than it's competitors. Plus, it's kinda what happened to CCX. Used to be we had the only next day lanes. Now everybody is next day to the same places. XPO used to be the only last mile out there. Now the rest of the industry will be doing their own last mile. With an economic downturn on the horizon. The same way Stotlar dumped this mess on a sucker. Jacobs needs to find a sucker. This was supposed to be his last flip before retirement. Jacobs is in his mid to late 60s. Time is running out on his window to profit. Many of his closest lieutenants have already bailed. And the lawsuits are pilling up. Also, investors are starting to pick the business apart. Pointing out that there are obvious discrepancies in reporting of earnings. So, long answer short. You don't dig out of it. It was never a consideration.

In reference to the YRC $1.38 B in debt. That number likely doesn't include pension liabilities. Or account for the amount of the company that was sold off to consolidate the debt to what it is. YRC is renting a bunch of their terminals. Which isn't a terrible thing. But it does cut into earnings.

The stock market is a craps game. Win one, lose the next. A lot of us made a good penny on the initial rise. I lost out on making money on the stock going from $90-$120 as it never did make it to $120 topping out at $116.27. But you can set your parameters when you trade on your own. And sold off at $105 on the way back down. This is a rare example. Where things worked out and I did everything " right ". I usually frak up royally. Sell to early or buy in to late. Not this time.

The stock market is a craps game. Win one, lose the next. A lot of us made a good penny on the initial rise. I lost out on making money on the stock going from $90-$120 as it never did make it to $120 topping out at $116.27. But you can set your parameters when you trade on your own. And sold off at $105 on the way back down. This is a rare example. Where things worked out and I did everything " right ". I usually frak up royally. Sell to early or buy in to late. Not this time.
The buy and sell in short duration is what a lot of investors are doing and computer driven trading is exaggerating the trend. You can almost watch the effects daily , if a stock is up on Monday it seems you can expect it to trade down Tuesday. Companies like Xpo have mastered how to manipulate this cycle and add to it buy posting glamorous news (robot etc.) trying to win new investors. Even positive market analyst input is for sale when the stock needs a boost. You really need to have insight to make long term investments in a particular company these days and see through the cooperating so called “independent “ advise. Seems everyone is in on the game .

Last edited:
<snip>
In reference to the YRC $1.38 B in debt. That number likely doesn't include pension liabilities. Or account for the amount of the company that was sold off to consolidate the debt to what it is. YRC is renting a bunch of their terminals. Which isn't a terrible thing. But it does cut into earnings.

That is an incorrect number for YRCW's long term debt.

"YRC Worldwide Inc (NAS:YRCW) Long-Term Debt & Capital Lease Obligation: $863 Mil (As of Sep. 2018)

Long-Term Debt is the debt due more than 12 months in the future. YRC Worldwide Inc's long-term debt & capital lease obligation for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was $863 Mil.

LT-Debt-to-Total-Asset is a measurement representing the percentage of a corporation's assets that are financed with loans and financial obligations lasting more than one year. The ratio provides a general measure of the financial position of a company, including its ability to meet financial requirements for outstanding loans. It is calculated as a company's long-term debt divide by its Total Assets. YRC Worldwide Inc's long-term debt for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was $863 Mil. YRC Worldwide Inc's Total Assets for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was $1,658 Mil. YRC Worldwide Inc's LT-Debt-to-Total-Asset for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was 0.52.

YRC Worldwide Inc's LT-Debt-to-Total-Asset declined from Sep. 2017 (0.54) to Sep. 2018 (0.52). It may suggest that YRC Worldwide Inc is progressively becoming less dependent on debt to grow their business."

https://www.gurufocus.com/term/Long-Term Debt/YRCW/Long-Term+Debt/YRC+Worldwide+Inc

That is an incorrect number for YRCW's long term debt.

"YRC Worldwide Inc (NAS:YRCW) Long-Term Debt & Capital Lease Obligation: $863 Mil (As of Sep. 2018)

Long-Term Debt is the debt due more than 12 months in the future. YRC Worldwide Inc's long-term debt & capital lease obligation for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was $863 Mil.

LT-Debt-to-Total-Asset is a measurement representing the percentage of a corporation's assets that are financed with loans and financial obligations lasting more than one year. The ratio provides a general measure of the financial position of a company, including its ability to meet financial requirements for outstanding loans. It is calculated as a company's long-term debt divide by its Total Assets. YRC Worldwide Inc's long-term debt for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was $863 Mil. YRC Worldwide Inc's Total Assets for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was $1,658 Mil. YRC Worldwide Inc's LT-Debt-to-Total-Asset for the quarter that ended in Sep. 2018 was 0.52.

YRC Worldwide Inc's LT-Debt-to-Total-Asset declined from Sep. 2017 (0.54) to Sep. 2018 (0.52). It may suggest that YRC Worldwide Inc is progressively becoming less dependent on debt to grow their business."

https://www.gurufocus.com/term/Long-Term Debt/YRCW/Long-Term+Debt/YRC+Worldwide+Inc

Thank you for compiling this information. I wouldn't have spent the time to chase it down. Even though it's only a few clicks away.