Truck Driver Charged in Fatal Crash That Injured Tracy Morgan

this is what happens when someone is either texting, talking on the phone, talking to a co-driver, or just plain not paying any attention.

i hope he does a long time in jail. one less trucker we need not.

This was a Wal mart truck and Wal mart driver , not a contractor. Wal mart already issued a statement on this

I see that Google news on-line news network is lit up with many accounts of this crash.
Here is one among many,Actor Tracy Morgan in critical condition after wreck, officials say - CNN.com

I would be rich if I only had a dollar for every trucker who has ever crashed due to not focusing on what they are doing.
It takes such a short time to get in a irreversible life altering dilemma, for not paying attention to ones surroundings & path of travel.

A life time of regrets can never take the place of a few seconds of fourth sight.

where did it say he was a WalMart driver? They run in regions...a Georgia driver would not be way up there to begin with....KK

Wal-Mart has many drivers that commute to DC's to work. They get hired on at a DC with an opening many miles/hours away in hopes of tranferring to a DC closer to home after their year is up. That may be the case here.

This is from a commenter below the article, next to his name it says " University of Massachusetts Lowell". I guess he figures he's qualified to comment on a trucking accident? IDIOT!!

"I'd be curious how many hours he was driving before the accident. Wal-Mart is known for having their drivers drive longer than what is allowed by law. If he did drive more than he was supposed to and was told by Wal-Mart to do so, the company should be held liable."

This is from a commenter below the article, next to his name it says " University of Massachusetts Lowell". I guess he figures he's qualified to comment on a trucking accident? IDIOT!!

"I'd be curious how many hours he was driving before the accident. Wal-Mart is known for having their drivers drive longer than what is allowed by law. If he did drive more than he was supposed to and was told by Wal-Mart to do so, the company should be held liable."

Just another university egghead know-it-all making a fool of himself...... something they excel in.

I was surprised to see it was a Wal-Mart truck. Those guys are usually some of the best drivers on the road.

yes, on the Today Show this Sunday morning, i saw the video where it is indeed a wally world truck.

"usually some of the best driver's on the road"....??

perhaps given the overall roster of drivers, but this is certainly NOT the first fatal crash from a wally world driver.

many, many years ago, up in Maine, a wally world driver was "off duty"..

he was doing many things around the home, took his wife shopping, etc,etc...

he never really got his rest...

what happened next..??

he went back to work, fell asleep behind the wheel, slammed into a car loaded up with teens, killed every one of them..

then out of that, a new group against truckers was formed, called....P.A.T.T.

or, parents against tired truckers....

i do believe that they "merged in with"...C.R.A.S.H.

The Truck Safety Coaltion | Truck Safety CoalitionTruck Safety Coalition

so here we go, even more "fodder" for the "safety coalition(s) that are dead set against truckers.

way to go Mr. Wally World dryber........

Just another university egghead know-it-all making a fool of himself...... something they excel in.
He's working on his thesis.

Saw an article basically bashing the possible reversal of that stupid 34hr restart rule, saying that's the only thing that makes drivers rest, and prevents these accidents...ofcourse they failed to mention, that this accident occurred while the rule is still current..DUH!! They seem to think more rules will somehow prevent anybody from getting drousy, like no guns would prevent murder.. ridiculous

"A rep for Walmart says Kevin has been suspended pending the police investigation's outcome."

[FONT=Source Sans Pro, arial, sans-serif]well i certainly do hope that he get's fired asap after the investigation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Source Sans Pro, arial, sans-serif]let him get his own lawyer for the bevy of lawsuits to follow soon, as well as any trial he will face.[/FONT]

where did it say he was a WalMart driver? They run in regions...a Georgia driver would not be way up there to begin with....KK
I was in the news up here, video footage, wrecked Wallyworld truck and all. Heard one report that the driver fell asleep.