Truck Driver Charged in Fatal Crash That Injured Tracy Morgan

Walmart is ready to do all they can to resolve their drivers negative actions.
If the investigation does prove their driver was at fault.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/walmart-r...-morgan-crash-profoundly-sorry-020600725.html[/
Just sitting here wondering if it was a nobody like me that was killed or critically injured, if Mr. Simon would be making the same statements? Sorry, I have to wonder?

Sad as it seems, your story would not of made the national news.

This is from a commenter below the article, next to his name it says " University of Massachusetts Lowell". I guess he figures he's qualified to comment on a trucking accident? IDIOT!!

"I'd be curious how many hours he was driving before the accident. Wal-Mart is known for having their drivers drive longer than what is allowed by law. If he did drive more than he was supposed to and was told by Wal-Mart to do so, the company should be held liable."

Walmart trucks are on EOC logs.

This is from a commenter below the article, next to his name it says " University of Massachusetts Lowell". I guess he figures he's qualified to comment on a trucking accident? IDIOT!!

"I'd be curious how many hours he was driving before the accident. Wal-Mart is known for having their drivers drive longer than what is allowed by law. If he did drive more than he was supposed to and was told by Wal-Mart to do so, the company should be held liable."
"Wal-Mart is known for having their drivers drive longer than what is allowed by law".
Now there's an interesting statement.

Rumor has it that the Driver was throwing a PEE BOTTLE out of the window at time of crash !!! maybe now they will crack down on pee bottle throwers !!!!!

The truck driver has already been convicted, Just read the posts. I believe that he still has the right to a fair trial. And had the accident happen to ordinary people instead a "star", the accident probably wouldn't even made the news.

It appears that the truck driver is at fault, but the facts need to come out. The limo could have "cut off" the truck, we just do not know at this point. But I believe that all the talk about the Hours of Service is just "talk", made by those who have no idea how Walmart operates. There is no doubt in my mind that the truck driver was completely "legal" when this accident happened. If a 4-wheeler had rammed the limo and the same results occurred, do you believe that the 4-wheeler driver would be in "deep water" as the truck driver???

How will Wal-mart step up for one of their drivers. Will they pay for his legal bills or they just looking to save their corporate image.

Tracy Morgan crash: Truck driver hadn't slept for 24 hours, documents say

Trip, is that even possible?, on E-LOGS? I know that UPS (P)'s trucks start to shut down and cut power (go to idle} if you go over your 8 hrs. for break, or 14 hrs., for the day.

Tracy Morgan crash: Truck driver hadn't slept for 24 hours, documents say

Trip, is that even possible?, on E-LOGS? I know that UPS (P)'s trucks start to shut down and cut power (go to idle} if you go over your 8 hrs. for break, or 14 hrs., for the day.

I really don't know the answer to that Sugarfoot. Quite a few news articles have made that same statement about him not sleeping. Possibly in the police interview he revealed that he got no sleep during his time off duty? I guess we'll have to wait for more information to come out to be able to know for sure. Sad situation all the way around.

The prosecutor in the Tracy Morgan accident says the truck driver who caused the wreck hadn’t slept for more than 24 hours.

Have you ever driven drowsy? What do you do to avoid falling asleep at the wheel?

I really don't know the answer to that Sugarfoot. Quite a few news articles have made that same statement about him not sleeping. Possibly in the police interview he revealed that he got no sleep during his time off duty? I guess we'll have to wait for more information to come out to be able to know for sure. Sad situation all the way around.
If it's true, it had to come from him. He may have admitted to driving his personnel vehicle from GA, to what ever DC he works out of, and reported for duty but, no way it was driving a Walmart truck.

Playing video games on his off? Playing the cheery machine too much at the truck stop? Wal-mart or any other trucking company can control what a driver does on his/her off time. Wait till the investigation is complete to pass judgement. BTW, Wal-mart runs E-logs and they are and always have been very strict about HOS for drivers.

If it's true, it had to come from him. He may have admitted to driving his personnel vehicle from GA, to what ever DC he works out of, and reported for duty but, no way it was driving a Walmart truck.

I think we have a winner here. That is the best answer I have heard yet and very possible.

That's gotta be BS.

I think we have a winner here. That is the best answer I have heard yet and very possible.

Even the most sophisticated electronic logging device can't assure that a driver is resting/sleeping on his/her off-duty time. How many of us have at one time or another started driving after 10 or more hours off when we haven't been able to get good rest/sleep during that time off. Truck not moving doesn't always mean driver is resting/sleeping. Just saying.

I am sure that most of us know that the 10 hour break law does not require you sleep a wink. It only requires that a driver be off for 10 hours, Period! What a driver does in those 10 hours, well he is a free man and can do whatever. I have said all that to say again, according to the Law, this driver was completely "legal". How many of us have gotten behind the wheel, knowing all the time that we should have slept more?? This driver made a terrible mistake, something that most of us have gotten by with. I heard someone say years ago, "we are all guilty of the same things, the poor souls in prison just got caught, we ain't been caught yet"

Even the most sophisticated electronic logging device can't assure that a driver is resting/sleeping on his/her off-duty time. How many of us have at one time or another started driving after 10 or more hours off when we haven't been able to get good rest/sleep during that time off. Truck not moving doesn't always mean driver is resting/sleeping. Just saying.
Only time it does, is in the eyes of the law..lol.
If this driver told them he hadn't slept in 24hrs, then I guess he decided to suffer the consequences of his actions, which is the honorable thing to do but, we'll never know if he confessed out of guilt, or stupidity, they won't report that.