Truck driver killed in chain-reaction crash on I-95, Maryland troopers say

A

Ashley

Screen-Shot-2023-03-16-at-10.58.25-AM-600x339.png

Maryland State Police (MSP) are investigating a crash that claimed the life of a truck driver in Prince George’s County this week.

The crash occurred shortly before 5:30 a.m. on March 14 in Beltsville, Maryland.

Troopers with the Maryland State Police College Park Barrack responded to a multi-vehicle crash on I-95 at MD Route 212.

New Jersey-based truck driver Delando Woody, 56, was northbound on I-95 when the crash occurred.

From MSP:

The preliminary investigation indicates the driver of a Dodge Charger traveling southbound on I-95 struck the Toyota, causing the truck to overturn into the median. Investigators believe the Charger crossed over the median and was struck by a tractor trailer traveling northbound on I-95.

Woody died at the scene.

Two people inside the Toyota pickup, Carlos Diaz Agustin, 22, and Anner Ramundo, 43, were injured and transported to a nearby hospital.

The Dodge Charger driver, Troy Myers, 45, was also hospitalized with injuries.

The crash partially closed I-95 for seven hours.

Charges are pending the outcome of the investigation and consultation with the Prince George’s County State’s Attorney’s Office, according to MSP.

The MSP Crash team is leading the investigation. Anyone who may have witnessed this crash or has information related to this crash, is asked to contact the Maryland State Police Crash Team at 301-669-8100.

Continue reading...