Estes | Truck driver training

jangle

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi I’m new here I read from time to time. This site comes up a lot of google searches.

So after class when you train for 4 weeks is that with a Otr driver or p&d?

Is it days or nights?

Hi I’m new here I read from time to time. This site comes up a lot of google searches.

Is it days or nights?
It will vary somewhat terminal to terminal,as their is not "set in stone" process.Some driver trainers work days and some work nights,in linehaul(OTR).If you are training for P&D,it will most likely be days.

Is it days or nights?

My terminal tries to have you do both. So you'll do 4 weeks with a p&d then a few weeks with a linehaul after. P&d part is days, linehaul could be either. That way you're trained for everything. Our p&d guys occasionally do linehaul runs on weekends.

My terminal tries to have you do both. So you'll do 4 weeks with a p&d then a few weeks with a linehaul after. P&d part is days, linehaul could be either. That way you're trained for everything. Our p&d guys occasionally do linehaul runs on weekends.
The requirements in the job listing said 4 weeks. I'm hoping it's days p&d but they did say I'll be on combo for 6 weeks so idk if he ment as my training I'll be on combo or after training I'll be on combo. I don't really like alternate schedules.

The requirements in the job listing said 4 weeks. I'm hoping it's days p&d but they did say I'll be on combo for 6 weeks so idk if he ment as my training I'll be on combo or after training I'll be on combo. I don't really like alternate schedules.

Just ask. Most likely combo for training then you bid where you went to go. Decent enough sized terminal and you shouldn't have a hard time getting p&d if you want it. Most drivers want hub or linehaul. You'll probably be a later start though at first so more of a second shift.

For the record, unless your terminal is desperate. You're going to have to work least three months as a dock or jockey before you can even go through the school. With that, they'll throw you in whatever shift they need you. We don't hire people directly into school usually, last driver trainee my term had worked dock for 5 months first.

Last edited: