SAIA | Truck firm SCS faces pressure over units

Man in five years this industry is going to look a whole different. We will soon all be under the same roof one big happy company. Just like family:cool:

Yellow,UPS,Fed-EX.what a choice to work for!!!!!! 10 years from now --the way it's going that will be all to choose from.

Well, with the sale of Jevic and the consolidation of the holding company to focus on Saia, we may just get the chance. One might wonder where the next growth opportunity might lead. I'll bet we will still see Jevic trucks on our yards.

No doubt Saia will still be receiving freight form Jevic. However the next move will be for Saia to find a way to fill out it's network. Look at areas where there is heavy freight traffic but Saia lacks terminals. Good bet top management is looking there too. OH, MI and IN come to mind.

It might bear watching some of our partners in that direction. Who knows? I'm only speculating, nothing to go on.

So do not consider this a rumor, just surveiling the horizon. If the traffic headed east becomes strong enough it would be easy to make a decision, then.

Brother Trucker said:
Well, with the sale of Jevic and the consolidation of the holding company to focus on Saia, we may just get the chance. One might wonder where the next growth opportunity might lead. I'll bet we will still see Jevic trucks on our yards.
Just come through JAX last night. Lots's of Jevic trailers in there. Also, same Jevic truck makes his daily stop at CLT yard.

Brother Trucker said:
It might bear watching some of our partners in that direction. Who knows? I'm only speculating, nothing to go on.

So do not consider this a rumor, just surveiling the horizon. If the traffic headed east becomes strong enough it would be easy to make a decision, then.
The deal with Pitt-Ohio is working pretty good. 4 to 6 loads a day going to them out of RCM. Only thing is, they're not giving us any freight going south. Averitt gets it. Maybe we should acquire Pitt-Ohio.