XPO | Truck Racing.........again

George

3rd rock from the sun
Credits
XPO is sponsoring Ben Rhodes #41, along with Alpha Energy Solutions and ThorSport Racing, at the Eldora Dirt Derby in Rossburg, Ohio tonight, July 20 and again Sat. Oct. 22 at Talladega Speedway. Press on

There was an email saying xpo was co-sponsoring the truck with another company but it was only for a few races and supposedly there was no cost to xpo. It didn't sound like this is going to be a regular sponsorship like previous trucks.

XPO is sponsoring Ben Rhodes #41, along with Alpha Energy Solutions and ThorSport Racing, at the Eldora Dirt Derby in Rossburg, Ohio tonight, July 20 and again Sat. Oct. 22 at Talladega Speedway. Press on

Never mind the 'Camping World Truck' series...XPO needs to move up, if that's what they want to do to get national name recognition in a NASCAR racing venue, to either the 'Infinity' series, or all the way up to the big league 'Sprint Cup' series. If they're gonna get any decent TV exposure recognition for their brand...maybe they can get Jeff Gordon to come out of retirement and take their ride. LOL:1036316054:

I'm watching the race at Eldora right now and I'm looking at Ben Rhodes # 41 truck. He's up to 3rd place, not bad. Oh by the way...XPO is all over his truck. XPO Logistics on the hood and both rear quarter panels with a big XPO on the tail gate. Hope he wins.
That's fine as far as the XPO branding.... But for goodness sake , I hope XPO does not go back into sponsoring NASCAR ( on ANY level )

As much as it cost and as little business as it brought through the door , it seems like something that XPO would steer clear of.

Plus , as a company , XPO has SOOOOOO many other issues that need to be resolved FIRST before sponsoring NASCAR. ( Like integrating all of the separate parts of this company into a seamless operation and turning a profit )

I went to Ben Rhodes website and didn't see XPO on his truck or fire suit
http://benrhodes.com/

m7eibFP.jpg

My mistake earlier. What in the world is XPO doing?

That's fine as far as the XPO branding.... But for goodness sake , I hope XPO does not go back into sponsoring NASCAR ( on ANY level )

As much as it cost and as little business as it brought through the door , it seems like something that XPO would steer clear of.

Plus , as a company , XPO has SOOOOOO many other issues that need to be resolved FIRST before sponsoring NASCAR. ( Like integrating all of the separate parts of this company into a seamless operation and turning a profit )

True Icuicp, Conway had problems w/ overspending on NASCAR sponsorship in the past. They had no real business getting that heavily involved in wasting money on some CEO's stock car racing fetish. I'll give you that. However, as a business, especially an unknown or just about invisible business that XPO currently is...I don't think that XPO's decision to get their feet wet in using a national platform such as NASCAR to reach quite a few potential customers is all that bad. I'd even venture to say that it's a really smart business decision.

As far as XPO focusing on getting all their other ducks in a row 1st before getting involved in NASCAR, well that is true to a certain extent, but XPO is working on that . As far as XPO being profitable 1st...I think that they are achieving that presently according to BJ on Jim Cramer's Mad Money yesterday, July 21st. Check out this clip from Mad Money that I came across on you tube...

Bottom line: I have no beef w/ BJ if wants to get involved in NASCAR on a strictly disciplined basis to promote recognition of his brand nationally. I trust him to do the right thing on this . If It doesn't get him more customers and make him more money...then he'll pull the plug on it...and rightly he should.

Wow if it's no cost to them,and the decals stay on maybe they should get ever who did the decals to do ours. That would be a lot of exposure.

Alpha Energy is giving XPO the space as a favor. It's not that uncommon.
So more of a "free" advertising thing then a actual sponsorship. Truck does look sharp and "XPO" is prominent. Also have seen some of your new trailers with the XPO branding, they look nice. I'm afraid the same can't be said for the big sticker covering the old Conway logo on others. Not as bad as the UPS sticker on the old overnite tractors but close.