AAA Cooper | Truck Speed?

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
did you guys' tractors get turned down recently? on my way back to Greenville from Charlotte, i passed 3 AAA drivers. i don't usually pass any even on hills...they usually pass me.

Dang, are all the freight companies going to 62 mph, thats what we run, I was told PFG has done it for years, at Little Rock anyway, I kind of liked being one of the few trucks that went that slow, I just set the cruise on 61 and stayed in the right one. I can't wait till fedex goes that direction, good golly the tears will flow like rivers.

wow, if this trend continues us guys at Wilson will get to be known as "The Flying Big W's" like in the old days ...........there is talk up the hill, but right now they are leaving our speed alone

it looks as though our speed is staying at 65 as well on most trucks. there was talk that our trucks that run 68 and 70mph were getting turned down to 65, but i have yet to see it.

I've gained 4/10 to 5/10's a gallon average since my wingclippage. Truck pulls better than before so I'm not realy noticing much difference until I come up on a 64.75 mile per hour truck that runs a .50 faster on the foot and hangs me in the left lane looking silly.

Dang, are all the freight companies going to 62 mph, thats what we run, I was told PFG has done it for years, at Little Rock anyway, I kind of liked being one of the few trucks that went that slow, I just set the cruise on 61 and stayed in the right one. I can't wait till fedex goes that direction, good golly the tears will flow like rivers.

Hey, I resemble that remark.:biglaugh:

litigation

Hey, I resemble that remark.:biglaugh:
Over the past few years, some of the larger trucking companies have tried to get... into legislation...laws that prohibit the factory speeds (on tractors) set more than 65 mph? (Most are set at 75 mph). They have'nt been able to do that. Now. Did you know that there is a large amount of these larger trucking companies that have "figure heads", (like CEO's), that belong and sit on the ATA board(s)? Meet me on private message and I will name at least one and what company he runs. But now, with the gas prices the way they are, he and others have been able to pursuade the "followers" or (smaller companies) that 62 mph is the way to go. Maybe it is, but do you see how this is causing the smaller companies to at least set their guv's at 62 so he can now compete better with them since this is where his company sets thier guv's?

Over the past few years, some of the larger trucking companies have tried to get... into legislation...laws that prohibit the factory speeds (on tractors) set more than 65 mph? (Most are set at 75 mph). They have'nt been able to do that. Now. Did you know that there is a large amount of these larger trucking companies that have "figure heads", (like CEO's), that belong and sit on the ATA board(s)? Meet me on private message and I will name at least one and what company he runs. But now, with the gas prices the way they are, he and others have been able to pursuade the "followers" or (smaller companies) that 62 mph is the way to go. Maybe it is, but do you see how this is causing the smaller companies to at least set their guv's at 62 so he can now compete better with them since this is where his company sets thier guv's?

i'd be willing to be you are speakin of the head of swift. hell....our trucks are set at 65 for most, and 68 for some. it's a weird feeling to go blowing by most everyone else now a days.

FedEx aint gonna turn their trucks down cuz we use all the hours and miles to turn our runs. Unlike anyone else we provide service noone else can so we have to have fast trucks. Plus we might get the speed limit in IL raised so we will be able to cover more miles. Besides all the conways out there slowing their trucks down to "save money and fuel" are full of poop are just biting themselves in the *** cuz it aint saving anything:biglaugh:
see trublu66 fuel mpg says it all or just ask a conway driver

AAA is running 62 no more. I have a driver in a Chevy single axle blow my doors off just north of Atlanta the other night. The others seem to be running the same speed Averitt is.

Fast Chevy's

AAA is running 62 no more. I have a driver in a Chevy single axle blow my doors off just north of Atlanta the other night. The others seem to be running the same speed Averitt is.

That SA Chevy must have been an old T.J. Blackburn Syrup Works tractor.
In the late 50's they run "lasses" out of Jefferson, TX to the eastern markets.
Across AL and thru Atlanta. Said to have 454 engines, 5 speeds and 3 way brownies. The trick was he was pulling a flatbed with like 18" high sideboards loaded with cases of 1 gallon cans of molasses and tarped tight. You try running with him from B'Ham to Atlanta on old US78. It would be a learning experience..

If it was a strait truck they are not turned down. GM would not service waranty if they turned them down. And if it was at night probly a dedicated run truck. Tractors are still at 62. I run dedicated out of CHT with tractor but the strait truck boys pass me every night.

it wasn't a straight truck, but it was newer than a 50's model. I'd say late 90's chevy. After I posted that message, I had another Volvo pulling doubles pass me. Maybe you guys' trucks are like ours....some will run and others won't.

it wasn't a straight truck, but it was newer than a 50's model. I'd say late 90's chevy. After I posted that message, I had another Volvo pulling doubles pass me. Maybe you guys' trucks are like ours....some will run and others won't.

Makes you yearn for the old days with gas egines and vacum governors,
A new flat blade screw driver - No slip off to damage the screw heads.
A spare hankerchief - Pad the screw driver in the screw head slot.
Round toothpick -To ease between the cover and diaphragm- break vac.
Get back in and make miles. Pedal softly when you ran across another company driver and don't wind it out in the lower gears.
Nearing home remove the pick, snug up the screws, toss a handful of road dust over it make it blend with the carb and all is well.

FedEx aint gonna turn their trucks down cuz we use all the hours and miles to turn our runs. Unlike anyone else we provide service noone else can so we have to have fast trucks. Plus we might get the speed limit in IL raised so we will be able to cover more miles. Besides all the conways out there slowing their trucks down to "save money and fuel" are full of poop are just biting themselves in the *** cuz it aint saving anything:biglaugh:
see trublu66 fuel mpg says it all or just ask a conway driver
Yeah we don't wanna see Fed Ex turn their trucks down. It's to comical coming up on the accident scene and they are layed over or on the shoulder scratching their head especially after plowing into the highway patrols cars...LOL...Hammerdown.......:TR10driving03: