Trucker keeps going after losing half of tandem rig

:biglaugh::biglaugh:...On so many levels.I feel bad for the driver,once he realized he lost his rear pup,but its a damn funny story..

Seems to me like he wouldn't have gotten to far after dumping his tail before he felt the difference in only having the lead attached?

I was a city driver most of my 45 year career,the few times I hauled a set,I knew the difference in hauling 2,and not just 1 pup.

Maybe this driver knew he was totally done with the company,when he felt,or saw,that his kite was gone,and decided to just continue on to the destination.

Although you got me,I'm not a mind reader,this is what happens when you get in a hurry and don't check your hook up before you pull out of the origin terminal.

Funny other than this news paper report I could not find any other reports on this lost kite?

Ya know I have been thinking about this. Its evident the driver didn't know he lost something because any responsible person would have stopped within a reasonable amount of distance. That being said I wonder how long it took him to notice something was missing and what his reaction was? Can you imagine that call to his dispatcher? And then the dispatchers response? Hopefully the driver at least said he quit on grounds of ignorance before they had the chance to fire him for it.

There is a picture in the same story with a different headline..
bilde

Is anybody realizing that if you "lose a pup" going down the road, the driver would have to stop & shut off the air supply to the second trailer to keep going? There is no way to get the set out of the yard unless the converter dolly and rear trailer had no emergency brakes..

Thanks for providing the photo Dubba.
You do have a good point about the air valves being open with the missing lines.
However viewing the photo this Yellow pup looks kind of old,and junky,so who knows about the condition of the lead?

Thanks for providing the photo Dubba.
You do have a good point about the air valves being open with the missing lines.
However viewing the photo this Yellow pup looks kind of old,and junky,so who knows about the condition of the lead?

They all look old and junky!:smilie_132:

They don't get any dumber than a driver at yellow! He really picked a good time to be fired, since he will have plenty of time to look for another job hauling horse crap while his fellow drivers will all be out of a job come Novenber when yrc tanks like a turd in a toilet.

You can shut air off to the lead and drain air tanks and move the dolly & rear unit. Lot of guys in Winter drain dolly and rear empty pup to keep them from locking up on slick roads. Not recommended but it is being done.

You can shut air off to the lead and drain air tanks and move the dolly & rear unit. Lot of guys in Winter drain dolly and rear empty pup to keep them from locking up on slick roads. Not recommended but it is being done.

If you shut off the brake side only. The supply side must be connected to release the spring brakes. This would still give you the aforementioned air loss.

They don't get any dumber than a driver at yellow! He really picked a good time to be fired, since he will have plenty of time to look for another job hauling horse crap while his fellow drivers will all be out of a job come Novenber when yrc tanks like a turd in a toilet.

1. Yellow no longer exists.
2. Before calling someone else dumb, look at your own ability to spell simple words.
3. People keep on saying YRC is gonna fall, however it hasn't yet. Based on your spelling ability, I honestly question your psychic powers.

the driver that lost his tail trailer was a Maybrook driver, that was what a dispatcher told me in buffalo when I asked who it was. I did not ask his name

If you shut off the brake side only. The supply side must be connected to release the spring brakes. This would still give you the aforementioned air loss.

::shit:: i have not seen a trailer with out spring brakes in about 30 years. the t.p. valve on the truck must be bad . it should have locked the front pup brkes up . plus the low air light and buzzer should have came on.

Well I can agree with you to a point pop.
However when equipment gets older not everything works like when it was brand new.

The one photo of the kite being pulled by the wrecker.
I think that trailer has seen its days.
In my opinion it looks to me like something that is over due for a date to rest in piece in the nearest scrap yard.