Truckers shut down florida.

"“The reason we here today, cause we can’t work no more. We struggle, we going to hell, we don’t have no money — not even to put our trucks in the condition that the DOT, they want it. We can’t afford it.”

what a bunch of jerk-off's,.then get the hell out and go flip burgers @ $15 per hour.....

what a bunch of jerk-off's,.then get the hell out and go flip burgers @ $15 per hour.....
I am shocked that you would oppose decent wages for truck drivers. Of course the knee jerk reaction is to say, "then find another job", but that is also my line of work so I feel differently.

zDka5Kz.jpg

I can only speak for myself, but I'm glad the Strawberry Boys on that Kroger dock did not quit and go flip burgers. Those guys in florida organized a protest, I'm sure they gave up a days pay at least, some of them went to jail. Always fight back. Land of the free home of the brave. ✌

The direction of the industry is downward and they are fighting to stem the tide. Organized actions like this are a way to bring issues to light so that their complaints can be heard by a section of the populous that don't know about it. Whether or not people will care remains to be seen, but people really should. The shrinking pool of good truckers are what moves America.

I am shocked that you would oppose decent wages for truck drivers. Of course the knee jerk reaction is to say, "then find another job", but that is also my line of work so I feel differently.
it would have been better to have held this "protest" at the company's rather than tie up a highway. made no sense to protest someplace else, rather than at the employer's locations.

i feel no sympathy for any of'em.

The direction of the industry is downward and they are fighting to stem the tide. Organized actions like this are a way to bring issues to light so that their complaints can be heard by a section of the populous that don't know about it. Whether or not people will care remains to be seen, but people really should. The shrinking pool of good truckers are what moves America.
they only accomplished pissing off the trucking company owners...you want more money talk to your boss. i can "see" a few firings taking place. and i couldn't be any happier for this rogue action strike.

it would have been better to have held this "protest" at the company's rather than tie up a highway. made no sense to protest someplace else, rather than at the employer's locations.

i feel no sympathy for any of'em.

A quiet little protest at some small Trucking terminal somewhere, that won't inconvenience to many people? What is the point of that ? why bother? They got their point across, big time in a big way, and they speak for a lot of drivers out here . So many drivers read that article and said, Right on ! Go big or go home.

A quiet little protest at some small Trucking terminal somewhere, that won't inconvenience to many people? What is the point of that ? why bother? They got their point across, big time in a big way, and they speak for a lot of drivers out here . So many drivers read that article and said, Right on ! Go big or go home.
well, did they all get pay raises..???

did they all get better benefits..??

they only accomplished pissing off the companies that employ them, now when a work slow down happens, as in no freight, many SHOULD BE laid off.

they did not organize a proper shut down. had they spoken to the companies they worked for and out it all on the table, THEN they would have had a leg to stand on, otherwise, they are a bunch or morons...

i hope thier new high paying jobs at McDonald''s @ $15 per hour can support them and all thier bills.

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if nearly all of them are 1099 drivers or o/o's that have signed on with brokers that are cheap, which to me say's they are at fault for the money/benefits they do not earn...find another broker, go to work for a real trucking company that HAS higher pay and benefits...as it is, the ones that spoke, and even by looking at them, don't seem to be American's at all, but immigrants.

screw'em all.

Last edited:
:bananag:

I do disagree with the protesters in the way that they were not armed with pitch forks and shotguns. Die on your feet or live on your knees. :bananag:

Last edited:
Blocking traffic and pissing off the public.That should really help their cause and image.Im all for making a livable wage but if these guys got into trucking to get rich,someone told them a lie.With more and more government intervention and regulations,in our industry,the need to adapt to change is a prerequisite to the job.

well, did they all get pay raises..???

did they all get better benefits..??

they only accomplished pissing off the companies that employ them, now when a work slow down happens, as in no freight, many SHOULD BE laid off.

they did not organize a proper shut down. had they spoken to the companies they worked for and out it all on the table, THEN they would have had a leg to stand on, otherwise, they are a bunch or morons...

i hope thier new high paying jobs at McDonald''s @ $15 per hour can support them and all thier bills.

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if nearly all of them are 1099 drivers or o/o's that have signed on with brokers that are cheap, which to me say's they are at fault for the money/benefits they do not earn...find another broker, go to work for a real trucking company that HAS higher pay and benefits...as it is, the ones that spoke, and even by looking at them, don't seem to be American's at all, but immigrants.

screw'em all.
That would kind of like saying if you don't like the insurance company treats you find another one

This ain't the 70's, 80's, 90's, early 2k when the OLD saying of "If You Have A CDL, You'll Always Have A Job!"
Times ain't getting better and there simply are not many worthwhile jobs (Just Over Broke) available, so by saying "get another job", like the rest that have commented, I agree.

The ONLY WAY the goberment takes notice is when STRIKES stop movements of products.
Holding a STRIKE on company property only stops company property movement and is useless.

A few years gone, Truckers in Italy shut down for 5 DAYS to protest fuel prices which resulted in the lowering of fuel prices.
STOPPING COMMERCE MOVEMENT WORKS!! Hit 'em where it hurts!

CHEERS!!