Trucking jobs with 9-5 hours

Tedthebug

TB Lurker
Credits
Are there any trucking jobs with regular 9-5 hours? I'm reading around, and it seems like they're either up at 4, or drive all night.

sure there are ... regular 9PM- 5AM shifts
I worked shifts similar to those hours. One shift I was on with overtime, in summer months, (long daylight hours), I was working when the sun set in the West & was still on the clock when the sun came up in the East. It took a lot of seniority to hold a M-F, day job.
I remember some young men complained about working weekends. A senior man always told them the frieght business was like a dairy. Cows must be milked every day & freight also moves every day. He told them if they could not adapt they should find another line of work.

2 friends of mine have a salary truck driving job, I think 65K a yr. Their average day is between 5-7hrs Monday thru Friday. They come in get it done and go home. There have been days they come in at 5am and were heading home by 9am. One of them has been there over 3 yrs and said he's had only a handful of days over 8hrs. So yes there are jobs like that out there you just have to find them, These types of jobs are never in the help wanted ads because when there is an opening the current drivers already know someone that wants the job. Good luck finding one

Last edited:
Are there any trucking jobs with regular 9-5 hours? I'm reading around, and it seems like they're either up at 4, or drive all night.
I’ve got 53 yrs driving trucks. Even now I work about 13 hrs daily Friday thru Tuesday……. It’s what I do. Normally 6am-no later than 8pm. Assigned new truck. $120k plus a year. No complaints….. put in time to get experience, and go get em tiger!

Last edited:
I’ve got 53 yrs driving trucks. Even now I work about 13 hrs Friday thru Tuesday……. It’s what I do. Normally 6am-no later than 8pm. Assigned new truck. $120k plus a year. No complaints….. put in time to get experience, and go get em tiger!
Maybe you could get your boss to hire Ted to run team with you, and let him drive 9-5, then you just do 3 on, 8 off, 3 on?