Yellow | Trucking, labor haggle over driver work rules

Best post yet to not have our nation following the " business is in business to make money" theory.
This is what they did with it.
Not all freedoms are good freedoms imo.
Like "freedom to sell out your nation for personal profits and power."
It's borderline treason. And has been going on a very long time.
And they do it with little catchy phrases like businesses need freedom. Or need the freedom to make money.

I doubt China allows them to sellout China while they are doing business in China .......yet we let them do it and help them do it to our country very eagerly....all in the name of freedom and liberty.
Use your freedom and liberty to usher a Communist nation to the top nation of the world.
We have some very stupid and very insane people.
Good posts your well advanced beyond bumper sticker posters

In case you did not know it, a forklift operator is paid differently than a road driver. A hostler is paid differently than a road driver. Apparently, you have no idea what you are talking about. These different classifications have had a different payscale even when you were still working in the freight business. And as far as the value of a forklift operators skill set goes, he/she is paid the hourly rate negotiated for that skill set. As far as your comment about a forklift operator being overpaid, you have no idea what you are talking about once again. A road driver pulling a set of triples in most cases has no clue of how to operate a forklift properly. Unless said road driver has been trained on how to properly load freight high and tight with the knowledge of distribution of the weight of the freight and taking into account the due dates and proper blocking and bracing techniques of the freight, he is clueless on how to do the job just like the forklift operator is clueless on how to hook trailers or "pull a set of triples to Gary Indiana" as you stated without the proper training. So don't try to compare the values of a job to a road drivers value as each job has its own set of skills and knowledge required to do the job properly.
This argument will be ending in a few years as most of the long haul driver jobs may be done via autonomous vehicles.
I doubt P&D work will be for a variety of reasons but technology will make many driver positions obsolete.
It is inevitable.....

This argument will be ending in a few years as most of the long haul driver jobs may be done via autonomous vehicles.
I doubt P&D work will be for a variety of reasons but technology will make many driver positions obsolete.
It is inevitable.....
The companies will still need someone behind the wheel to blame when a chip burns out and causes a catastrophe.

It is inevitable.....
Some sections of highway are pure madness like the construction on 80 /90 in Indiana no way autonomous can navigate that

It is inevitable.....
Yup and I recall when I was a kid hearing about driverless cars and contraptions like what the Jetsons drove/flew....so Stewards argument is still valid and will be for quite awhile....but at least you didnt talk about yrc or republicans being great like 99% of your posts....