XPO | Truckload And Hazmat Freight

LDADALLAS

TB Lurker
Credits
This Morning When I Returned From My Nightly Run, I Went To The Dispatch Office And Noticed 2 Truckload (cfi) Drivers Waiting On Their Run. Only Problem With This Was That The Trailers Was Full Of Hazardous Material. These Guys Could Not Run Our Freight,because They Have No Hazmat Endorsement. We Had Drivers In The Dallas Area Almost Losing Their Job Cause The Goverment Did Not Get Their Permits Back To Them. Now We Have These Truckload Driver With No Hazmat Hauling Our Freight. Are These People Special. If They Want To Haul Our Freight, Including Hazmat, They Need Their Hazmat Endorsement. If They Dont Get The Endorsement, Kick Their A$$ Out. We Move All Freight, Not What You Want To Haul. If You Dont Like It Go Somewhere Else.

This Morning When I Returned From My Nightly Run, I Went To The Dispatch Office And Noticed 2 Truckload (cfi) Drivers Waiting On Their Run. Only Problem With This Was That The Trailers Was Full Of Hazardous Material. These Guys Could Not Run Our Freight,because They Have No Hazmat Endorsement. We Had Drivers In The Dallas Area Almost Losing Their Job Cause The Goverment Did Not Get Their Permits Back To Them. Now We Have These Truckload Driver With No Hazmat Hauling Our Freight. Are These People Special. If They Want To Haul Our Freight, Including Hazmat, They Need Their Hazmat Endorsement. If They Dont Get The Endorsement, Kick Their A$$ Out. We Move All Freight, Not What You Want To Haul. If You Dont Like It Go Somewhere Else.

Once when I was at URE I had to strip 300lbs of HM out of the middle of a 53'. The driver for CRST had his HM endorsement, but as they were not paying him for it he simply refused to haul it.

We have to dock all haz-mat until it can be determined if the "team" is haz-mat capable. I would say easily 75% of the time they are not,especially non Con-way affilliated drivers.It is a huge waste of time and not to mention an accident waiting to happen with a bunch of haz-mat docked during the outbound and FAC. Oh and not to mention having to strip a 53 footer to get some haz-mat out of the nose right at cut time. Efficiency is not what's happening here that's for sure.:hysterical:

We have to dock all haz-mat until it can be determined if the "team" is haz-mat capable. I would say easily 75% of the time they are not,especially non Con-way affilliated drivers.It is a huge waste of time and not to mention an accident waiting to happen with a bunch of haz-mat docked during the outbound and FAC. Oh and not to mention having to strip a 53 footer to get some haz-mat out of the nose right at cut time. Efficiency is not what's happening here that's for sure.:hysterical:

Unless there is a sign, I load it. Period. No sense in asking someone as what I used to know as company policy (pride), states that freight is not to be docked. I've been reminded too many times that common sense does not weigh in as a factor and that 53'ers are not a consideration. There's the efficiency. The only HM stipulation to that policy was made for poisons, which are to be loaded on the tail.

Our well thought out policies and programs and now initiatives are not to be questioned or breeched.

at one time we use to load all hazmat on the rear unless it was a good headload. don't know when we got away from that practice, but we have.

it really sucks having our loaders and drivers doing extra work cause of the useless carriers. what a waste of time and money, and of course the potential damages to the freight.

The old CWT used to haul all of the California freight and never had an issue with the hazmat. I know the hazmat rules have changed but, hey, Conway bought CFI last year and there's been plenty of time for everybody to get their endorsements. I guess this is a nationwide problem.:chairshot:

should not be a problem for us. either they get their hazmat endorsement or go go somewhere else. we are making to much extra work for our people. it is time to stop catering to these so-called drivers

This Morning When I Returned From My Nightly Run, I Went To The Dispatch Office And Noticed 2 Truckload (cfi) Drivers Waiting On Their Run. Only Problem With This Was That The Trailers Was Full Of Hazardous Material. These Guys Could Not Run Our Freight,because They Have No Hazmat Endorsement. We Had Drivers In The Dallas Area Almost Losing Their Job Cause The Goverment Did Not Get Their Permits Back To Them. Now We Have These Truckload Driver With No Hazmat Hauling Our Freight. Are These People Special. If They Want To Haul Our Freight, Including Hazmat, They Need Their Hazmat Endorsement. If They Don't Get The Endorsement, Kick Their A$$ Out. We Move All Freight, Not What You Want To Haul. If You Don't Like It Go Somewhere Else.
hey lda give those independent dsr's a break. they are studying hard for their doubles and triple endorsements. then they will have time to study for haz/mat endorsements..:smilie_132:

Go out and secure those extra shipments. Our sub- service carriers need to work while we have men stay home.

Once when I was at URE I had to strip 300lbs of HM out of the middle of a 53'. The driver for CRST had his HM endorsement, but as they were not paying him for it he simply refused to haul it.
What your friendly neighborhood management should have done was say go find a load somewhere else then! And if a L/H driver takes a break that`s delaying freight right? But stripping 1/2 a 53 isn`t Dave?